Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shaft or belt?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 06:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Shaft or belt?

I am currently running a MT2 for back yard bashing and I saw my friends playing their tourer which are pretty fast and I like the speed very much. So, I consider to move into tourer.

I am new to RC and I would like to get your comments about which car I should go. I do not have budget limit so, please help me to pick one.

Things I need inputs are :-

1/. should I go for shaft car, or belt car? or is there a new car on a mixture of shaft and belt?
2/. which brand to go? which car has best design? Parts support is not an issue for me because I order parts from online store.
3/. what kind of tire I should go for? form or rubber tire? and which is the best tire maker?
4/. can I use my MT2 engine on a tourer? If not, what engine I should get? and what kind of engines are available now a day? which brand I need?

Please help

N
Old 04-15-2004, 06:54 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Regarding your first question, Kyosho have shown prototypes of a buggy and a tourer with a combined drive train (belt and shaft)

I read this off an article, so don't take it as the ultimate truth

I think they were just doing it for the hell of it
Old 04-15-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Shaft or belt?

Originally posted by NetBike
I am currently running a MT2 for back yard bashing and I saw my friends playing their tourer which are pretty fast and I like the speed very much. So, I consider to move into tourer.

I am new to RC and I would like to get your comments about which car I should go. I do not have budget limit so, please help me to pick one.

Things I need inputs are :-

1/. should I go for shaft car, or belt car? or is there a new car on a mixture of shaft and belt?
2/. which brand to go? which car has best design? Parts support is not an issue for me because I order parts from online store.
3/. what kind of tire I should go for? form or rubber tire? and which is the best tire maker?
4/. can I use my MT2 engine on a tourer? If not, what engine I should get? and what kind of engines are available now a day? which brand I need?

Please help

N
This is the best car you can get for touring:

Once you have this car you will be happy. It is made by Thunder Tiger and designed by Franco Sabatini who was a fast 1/8 scale driver in Europe in 1970s.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:58 PM
Tech Initiate

thank you B. should I need to wait? is kyosho a good brand for RC tourer? what was that car you were running when I met you at the track few weeks ago?
Old 04-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks amgracer. This car looks good but do you have more recommendation for me?

Thanks,

N
Old 04-15-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks amgracer. This car looks good but do you have more recommendation for me?

Thanks,

N
If you want to be fast you have to look fast. Here is some fashion advice to take to the track:

http://www.myrcworld.net/publ/psimag...id=4210&psid=2
Old 04-15-2004, 07:20 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

thank you B. should I need to wait? is kyosho a good brand for RC tourer? what was that car you were running when I met you at the track few weeks ago?
yap Kyosho is an excellent brand.

Old 04-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

If you want to be fast you have to look fast. Here is some fashion advice to take to the track:
AMG- where do I get one of those red shirts...

Kyosho is a great brand but do you go V one RR Evo or the FWO5?? I had a friend ask me this the other day belt or shaft driven car??? I currently do not own a shaft driven car so I could not give him a good answer. I mean is shaft driven cars are a totally different feel from a belt, correct??? Which one is easier to work on???
Old 04-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by AMGRacer

thank you amgracer, but it looks like they are very old fashion. I believe the picture was taken long times ago. My grandpapa did dress like this in his picture alblum.

Thanks,

N
Old 04-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Old 04-16-2004, 02:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

finally someone has considered the thundertiger ts4n i got the ts42 and its a really good car
Old 04-16-2004, 02:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by mark123
finally someone has considered the thundertiger ts4n i got the ts42 and its a really good car

sorry the ts4n not the ts42
Old 04-16-2004, 02:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Shaft or belt?

This is the best car you can get for touring:

Once you have this car you will be happy. It is made by Thunder Tiger and designed by Franco Sabatini who was a fast 1/8 scale driver in Europe in 1970s.
DUDE... You make me laugh...

I had a Thunder Tiger once, it was a really old shaft drive, I was about 14-15 years old... Was a great car for me, I thought I would race it... Silly me... I had no hop-ups on it... Not eve 4wd... Those were the days. I sold it for the same price I bought it, but the sleave was BADLY worn out.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if money isn't an option then there are quite a few good cars out there.
belt drive:
mugen MTX3, serpent 710, kyosho V1S, V1R, V1RR, team magic G4, yokomo GT4 and others,.

shaft drive:
kyosho FW-05R, associated NTC3, ofna LD3, hpi R40 maybe others as well.

you need to decide what you want to do with it. carpark racing where there could be small stones, shaft drive is better as you dont have pulleys and belts to strip but on tracks that are pretty much clean of stones, personally I prefer belt drive.

the decision is up to you.

Last edited by Test Driver; 04-16-2004 at 05:34 AM.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Belt driven cars + quality engine and good drivin skills = ????
do the math....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.