Wiki Posts
Search

Fullthrottle Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr
Steve, I just got back from Omaha like 10 minutes ago. Some fast guys there, there was only 5 heats per round, so we did 3 qualifiers and the mains.
I ran 19t sedan and stock 12th. I was having some major issues with my 12th, just doing some wierd stuff on teh track, glitchin or what not so i didnt run the 3 qualy or the main, didnt want to risk crashin it bad.

In sedan, I had has some onpower push problems and some more stuff. I ended up talking to Kevin "Kave" VanErt on AIM and i was trying some stuff he suggested. My 007 went from about 40% good to aobut 80% still need to work on some stuff. The track layout is fresh, so there is low bit.

I did manage to snag the fastest lap of the night with my DB12r with our new EP cells! I was clearly faster then everyone, but the 12th drove like crap, i just pulled it off the track. I gotta talk to jason over at BMI to see if he can help.
yo need to get to the darkside
Old 10-08-2007, 04:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brian mills
Billy Bob, today was unofficial opening day at Bumps and Jumps with a handful of fast guys in attendence. I ran 2wd mod and qualified 3rd. I got it together for the main and me and my FullThrottle powerd buggy took home the win. Thanks for all the power! The results should be posted in the next day or so at www.bumpsandjumpsrc.com.
Great run yesterday Brian. See you in a couple of weeks. Congrat's on your win.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

hey billybob

did you manage to get the bits and bobs sent?

thanks jimmy
Old 10-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jimmy..maddison
hey billybob

did you manage to get the bits and bobs sent?

thanks jimmy
YEPER
Old 10-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

you da man bill

pm me tracking number please

thanks jim
Old 10-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Mike H.....Room is reserved... is it nov. yet
Old 10-08-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

looks like it was a pretty good weekend of racing for you guys. Sat night for me was practice with my team til 5 am LOL. yeah that was dumb but whatcha gonna do.

So what's everyone running these days....obviously I know Jimmy's running Schuie....
Old 10-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
Bill, awesome motor and even better batteries. 1/10th of a second off of the fast lap set at the track during test and tune night. I was also way over geared. I would guess once i get the gearing right I should have no problem setting fast lap at the track. I'll be getting more of those batts. off u asap and as you know i already ordered another motor.....thanks again.

A question for all you left handers, this is only my 2nd year in pan car. Last year we had a 'super speedway' type track long and sweeping. Now we are on a 85'x20'ish track and my car wants to hook real bad in the corners, any suggestions for set-up to help this problem?

ps, Bill money sent via pp

bob can you help us here
Old 10-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
Bill, awesome motor and even better batteries. 1/10th of a second off of the fast lap set at the track during test and tune night. I was also way over geared. I would guess once i get the gearing right I should have no problem setting fast lap at the track. I'll be getting more of those batts. off u asap and as you know i already ordered another motor.....thanks again.

A question for all you left handers, this is only my 2nd year in pan car. Last year we had a 'super speedway' type track long and sweeping. Now we are on a 85'x20'ish track and my car wants to hook real bad in the corners, any suggestions for set-up to help this problem?

ps, Bill money sent via pp
Oval huh...well If I had to guess, and this is just a guess because I have never run oval, you probably have too much steering and need to lower your roll centers a little to flatten the car out. Also that track sounds very "paperclip" like, If your losing a ton of speed in the corners, you want to gear it so that you are topping off about 3/4 of the straight. Once you get your car to carry more corner speed, then gear up. You don't wanna scrub too much speed and over work the motor/batteries. Make your car as effecient (sp?) as possible. I would also talk to the local fast guys and get some feedback from them.

Hope this helps
Bob
Old 10-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Apl Hed
hey bill, here r some pics from the ftms race w/brian kinwald.

i qual 2nd in the B, kinwald 3rd in the B. @ ftms they take ur best 2 qual so there is no rocket round, if there was kinwald and i would have been in the A. so the start of the B was clean, 1st place crashed, i crashed, kinwald waited, i came up to BK to battle and then my spur gear decided to detinate, daaaaaaaaaam!!!!! anyway i had a great time, i raced with BK, i had lots of power, the 9x1 i think is a bit much for dirt, but i had mad ponies lol.
anyway thanx for the arm bill. cant wait to get my much more, let me know on that.
hey john how was that tire stuff i sent you ???
Old 10-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by panther420
Mike H.....Room is reserved... is it nov. yet
Sweet, no...not yet
Old 10-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Sweet, no...not yet
Almost tho
Old 10-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Bill you got pm
Old 10-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Oval huh...well If I had to guess, and this is just a guess because I have never run oval, you probably have too much steering and need to lower your roll centers a little to flatten the car out. Also that track sounds very "paperclip" like, If your losing a ton of speed in the corners, you want to gear it so that you are topping off about 3/4 of the straight. Once you get your car to carry more corner speed, then gear up. You don't wanna scrub too much speed and over work the motor/batteries. Make your car as effecient (sp?) as possible. I would also talk to the local fast guys and get some feedback from them.

Hope this helps
Bob
thanks for the advise Bob, everyone at the track is having the same problem. We all had different ideas on what to change to try to help out with the problem, some things worked some didn't, overall the "fast guys" myself included have it sorta figured out, but I think like you said I am going to gear down so i can carry speed threw the corners. I don't think they all figured it out completely we still have a lot of guys that are doing the "point and shoot" method. Hopefully this will give me the slight advantage that i need

thanks again
Old 10-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I haven't run oval since the 90's at MegaTrack in NJ and The Track in MD, but here are some suggestions...

For the front end, I would try a harder right front tire or harder right front spring. Also, use some heavy lube on the kingpins if the track is not too bumpy.

For the rear, I would try a thinner t-bar or softer middle shock spring to get the car to push a little. Plant the rear and then make it steer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.