Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Election

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Roar just posted this to their website.

So all this over 20 days. That's counting the 30 day grace period they give.

Thanks,
Drew
Attached Thumbnails ROAR Election-image.jpg  
Old 11-17-2014, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Interesting
Old 11-17-2014, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not trying to be funny at all guys... Seriously is this even legal?
Old 11-17-2014, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

ROAR Excomm doesn't care what ROAR members want. Its about what they want and about the good ol boys club.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not sure what you're questioning is legal?

The quote at the top of Drew's attachment is from Article VI, section A. It is slightly different language in the Article V, section B paragraph. They are not the same language, even if their intent was meant to be the same.

I think we'd need a special exception to get EA back on the ballot.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Roar just posted this to their website.

So all this over 20 days. That's counting the 30 day grace period they give.

Thanks,
Drew

Drew, with all due respect, how many days would make it ok? What if it was 60 days? 180 days? If you don't follow the rule where do you draw the line? Which rules do you follow and when is it ok not to follow them?
Old 11-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Seriously?..... seriously? same crap different year. been in and out of roar for 23 years. looks like i might be out again. but if i want to race i get railroaded into becoming a roar member. all to race a toy car. seems legit.

Also seems to me that Roar is not willing to budge on this issue. IMO they want there little offroad track to host national events and eliminate the nationals bids and keep the money for them selves. Plus they dont want anybody looking in the books either. I....I.....I.....
Attached Thumbnails ROAR Election-1491587_778189435572160_1173946965882505302_n.jpg  
Old 11-17-2014, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikel33
Drew, with all due respect, how many days would make it ok? What if it was 60 days? 180 days? If you don't follow the rule where do you draw the line? Which rules do you follow and when is it ok not to follow them?
Mike,

I understand your point and am for rules, but this just seems to be a lot for me. I think also we are not seeing all the facts. I believe the last time we voted for prez there was maybe 250 total votes. I believe that EA alone got more then that this time, maybe double. So when you see the racers that pay there membership vote for a person an overwhelming amount of racers. You would think that there has to be some type of common sense that they would use. Step back for a moment and say that maybe this is what is needed. Or ask yourself a question, why did so many racers vote for EA? I would of thought the powers at be would be excited for EA to get involved. As long as I have known him he has never half a$$ anything he has ever done.

Thanks,
Drew
Old 11-17-2014, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samnelso
Not sure what you're questioning is legal?

The quote at the top of Drew's attachment is from Article VI, section A. It is slightly different language in the Article V, section B paragraph. They are not the same language, even if their intent was meant to be the same.

I think we'd need a special exception to get EA back on the ballot.
Sam is right....they changed the language which in turn creates blatant image of their intent.

come on roar ...listen to your members....
we thank them for their service....but take a vacation and let someone else take the blame for all the f'ed'ness roar creates...
Old 11-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Eric, I am sorry it has come to this.

I am sure I will be tossed out of the EXCOMM, but I do not agree with the call on this issue. I was not able to attend the meeting due to a personal conflict. I was excited to see that you were running, as it would bring a renewed interest in how ROAR was run and it's direction. Specifically from racers that have long wrote ROAR off.

On top of that, if you won, you could also express to the populace what some of the difficult decisions that the previous Presidents have had to deal with , you bring implied trust to the table that not many could.

My time on the EXCOMM has been a huge disappointment, some of it because of me, some of it because of the acidic environment. I will be discussing my future with the excomm at the next meeting.

That being said, I generally believe in supporting the decisions the excomm makes, whether I agree with them or not. We stand as a team and fall as a team.
I just wanted to repost this. Not sure if everyone knows that Tim is the VP of Roar. A voted in member. Pretty big statement from him. Kinda gives you a picture of what the inside of this looks like. Tim has always been a fair and understanding guy since I have known him.

Thanks,
Drew
Old 11-17-2014, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Mike,

I understand your point and am for rules, but this just seems to be a lot for me. I think also we are not seeing all the facts. I believe the last time we voted for prez there was maybe 250 total votes. I believe that EA alone got more then that this time, maybe double. So when you see the racers that pay there membership vote for a person an overwhelming amount of racers. You would think that there has to be some type of common sense that they would use. Step back for a moment and say that maybe this is what is needed. Or ask yourself a question, why did so many racers vote for EA? I would of thought the powers at be would be excited for EA to get involved. As long as I have known him he has never half a$$ anything he has ever done.

Thanks,
Drew
I'm not commenting at all on whether or not EA would do a good job. I've met him quite a few times and I'm sure he means well and would do a fine job. Could an accommodation have been made to allow his candidacy, sure. But here's my point - what about the other side of that equation? Sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, somebody (maybe one of the other candidates, who knows) would have pointed out that the rules were bent for EA and we are right back here with the name calling and all the other BS.

There is a chance to make this a learning experience. Clearly, any number of members have shown their displeasure for how the system is set up, including how excomm is configured. Perhaps the tact to take is to propose and pass some reasonable changes to the by laws to fix some of what has been complained about and maybe a special election can be held after that to start fresh and if EA still wants to help there you go. That's probably a couple of stupid ideas, and it goes against my natural reflex to start dropping f-bombs and hurling insults, but I'm getting older so that's all I got.

BTW, some of you really need to get a grip with the name calling and crap. These are your fellow racers, not imaginary people running a mob scam. I mean really.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Regardless of whether a relatively minor bylaw was violated or not, the will of the membership should be respected.

Let's be clear, this isn't a coup. Many respected individuals in the industry believe there is a need for change. If there truly isn't a fortune to be made, and no one is getting rich here, why not do what's right for the sport and membership?
Old 11-18-2014, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
So...I was looking around and stumbled upon this. Seems odd I had no idea that ROAR was proposing to build a track. This would seem like big news in the world of RC...must have just been missed in the news section on ROARs website . Funded and maintained by ROAR sounds awesome...can we get one of these tracks by my house too?

interesting location as well...

https://laplata.civicweb.net/Documen...t.aspx?ID=8905

If this is indeed true, I would certainly hope that the membership would have a say or vote in the outlaying of that initial expense as well as the commitment to upkeep it.

An that seems like pretty big news, I'm glad the promotional director promoted it.

Originally Posted by kerry
Was thinking the same thing myself, there should be a clause in the bylaws that enable the association and its membership the ability to replace directors or executive directors in situations of non confidence. I think a closer look at the by laws is required and action taken"..........after all membership should have the last word and if this many people are in arms over the process being displayed then use the rules, ........just need to have just cause, maybe they can ask the executive assistant for that one or atleast deliver the message

The problem is the people taking a closer look at the By-laws are fine with things the way they are.

Lets face it guys, this is the On-Road forum, we don't hear about the proposed ROAR funded Off-Road track, our ROAR on-road events are weakly attended, we just don't matter. It looks like the ROAR Oval scene 5 or 6 years ago. Oval has moved on and seems to be doing pretty good.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Carlson
Just my observation Rob, but I think part of the issue is that it seems the excomm has forgotten that they are elected officials. Put in office to serve the best interest of the ROAR members. This move does not seem to be what the members are asking for. It also seems to be serving someone else's interest. I could be and hope I'm wrong but that is the impression that most people seem to be having. The excomm has all the power to prove that impression wrong though. The question is, will they?
Correction. Only the president and vice president are elected. The rest are appointed on the excomm.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
Seriously?..... seriously? same crap different year. been in and out of roar for 23 years. looks like i might be out again. but if i want to race i get railroaded into becoming a roar member. all to race a toy car. seems legit.

Also seems to me that Roar is not willing to budge on this issue. IMO they want there little offroad track to host national events and eliminate the nationals bids and keep the money for them selves. Plus they dont want anybody looking in the books either. I....I.....I.....
If they don't want anyone looking in their books then why do they post all of their financial information here :http://www.roarracing.com/financial_data.php?

Because as a non-profit, the IRS requires them to do so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.