Wiki Posts
Search

New product, The LWP

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Default New product, The LWP

Hi
We have this in production now, it will be on sale on www.coolcanfan.co.uk very soon, but if you want one, just pm me please.
The LWP is made from 1.5 stainless steel, and weighs approximately 95/100 grams, and is held in place by 2xm3 screws utilizing the 2 holes that are down the centre of the WCE, TC and 008 chassis. A number of lead weights can be adhered to the base of the plate, utilizing the cell slots, I suggest you remove the double sided tape from them, and key the surface of the weight, as well as the LWP, and degrease the surfaces before gluing them to the LWP.

The LWP will have a carbon fibre effect covering which you can apply if you wish, and has a lip on the outside edge, to help prevent the lipo from coming out of the car. Also a piece of sticky back foam, can be used on the LWP towards the left of the lipo, to help prevent the lipo from moving towards the middle of the car. A piece of foam sits just in front of the the lipo, and rests against the front bulk head, whilst the back of the lipo rests against the rear bulkhead, this will help the lipo from moving forward, so as not to unsettle the car. On the 008, the battery strap can be used, or remove the strap, and leave the posts in place, and place a piece of foam in between the lipo and post to help the inertia affect.

The LWP kit will comprise of

1) LWP will be made of 1.5mm brush stainless steel, weighing approx 95 grams
2) 2x3m fixing screws
3) A strip of sticky back foam, to be placed on the opposite side of the lipo, as a restraint.
4) A foam block retainer, for front/rear of the lipo
5) A piece of carbon fibre effect covering for the LWP if you would like to cover the brushed stainless steel.
6) A piece of carbon fibre effect covering for the base of the Orion lipo, once the noduals have been removed, so as to tidy the base of the lipo

This LPW version, will accept Orion 3200 3600 3800 and Nosram 5300 28c to date, as other lipos come along, we will let you know what ones will fit.

This LWP can be used on the WCE, TC, and X-ray008 as there are extra fixing holes in the LWP for each model, you just pick the holes that suit your car.

Further LWP will be available soon for all popular models.

Cheers THECANMAN
Attached Thumbnails New product, The LWP-brushed-stainless-lwp-002.jpg   New product, The LWP-brushed-stainless-lwp-003.jpg   New product, The LWP-brushed-stainless-lwp-004.jpg   New product, The LWP-brushed-stainless-lwp-008.jpg   New product, The LWP-brushed-stainless-lwp-020.jpg  

Old 10-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Other images of the LWP with the carbon look
Attached Thumbnails New product, The LWP-brushed-stainless-lwp-014.jpg   New product, The LWP-tc-clone-lipo-plate-006.jpg   New product, The LWP-tc-clone-lipo-plate-014.jpg   New product, The LWP-tc-clone-lipo-plate-010.jpg   New product, The LWP-tc-clone-lipo-plate-003.jpg  

Old 10-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

i can see that your car is dirty
Old 10-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
i can see that your car is dirty
Yea I know I didn't realize until I looked at the pics
Malc TCCFM
Old 10-24-2008, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

The beauty of the LWP, is that you have NO ugly lead on your lipo's

With the weight of your nimh cells normally weighing in at around 440 grams and the Orion etc lipo's being around 230 grams, there is approx 210 grams shortfall.
The LWP made of brushed stainless steel is approx 95 grams, and you can place a further 60 or so grams in the cells slots to give you low C,O,G, now your upto around 155 grams in total with your LWP, and if your car is overweight (like me ) then you may not have to add any more weight. The car is perfectly balanced using the LWP.
Cheers Malc
Attached Thumbnails New product, The LWP-brushed-stainless-lwp-019.jpg  
Old 10-25-2008, 04:42 AM

pm sent
Old 10-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn
pm sent
Hi
You have mail
Cheers Malc
Old 10-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Wow. I need another Cyclone!

Everything cool comes out when I leave!

Nice kit man! Looks like you had to shave the upper bulk a little more then normal? Is it a pretty tight fit in the cyclone?
Old 10-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Wow. I need another Cyclone!

Everything cool comes out when I leave!

Nice kit man! Looks like you had to shave the upper bulk a little more then normal? Is it a pretty tight fit in the cyclone?
Hi
Thanks for those kind comments dude

I removed 2 mm from the middle brace (approx half of it, and shortened the screw by 1mm so it don't foul on the lipo), but once you remove the bulges from the base of the Orion 3800 lipo, then the pack sits in there sweet, with about about 1mm movement up, so it don't tweek the chassis
Cheers Malc
Old 10-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

This LPW version, will accept the following lipos
Orion 3200 20c 3600 25c 3800 30c (with the nodules removed from them)
Nosram 5300 28c
Diggity Designs 5300 28C (with the nodules removed from them)
TrakPower 3200 30c (with the heat-shrink removed from them)
The SMC 28c/4000 is 20.5mm, will also fit the LWP

As new lipo's become available, we will add them to the list