Search

Alphas, or Novas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hello

Originally Posted by Werks
Wow, I had almost forgotten about that old trademark stuff that everyone got into an uproar about years ago. RB Five has nothing to do with that, he's just one of those split personality type guys that one second loves the product, next second hates the product and bags on it, then 5 minutes later it's the best again quickly followed by it's crap. I called him out on his behavour and him basically calling a few of the posters on my thread liers and he got bent. My self and most of the people on the thread asked him to please stop posting on there, so now our stuff is permanently crap instead of just crap when the meds are worn off lol.
A Main took all my reviews off as per my request. I thank you for helping me see the error of my ways, It's just not cool to focus on the negative, and I was doing that. On the plus side, I see your engines are the best selling .21 engines on A Main. Congrats for that, that's awesome.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6
A Main took all my reviews off as per my request. I thank you for helping me see the error of my ways, It's just not cool to focus on the negative, and I was doing that. On the plus side, I see your engines are the best selling .21 engines on A Main. Congrats for that, that's awesome.
Major props for stepping up and correcting your mistakes dude !
Old 06-19-2010, 01:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I will put this last little bit about my Orange head in my buggy. I dropped it to a 5.5mm insert, with Byrons Pro 30%, and OS p4 plus and stock shims. I get over 12 minutes and i drive fully punched out. It still has to much power on the bottom, and i do not get pulled on my tracks 180' straight by any motor.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:21 AM
Tech Adept

Nice to see that you have done that merdith, and I now apologize for my outpost in a thread of yours about your p5. It is the measure of a man when he can admit when his wrong so my hat goes off to you
Old 06-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Default Just wanna have fun

I really love this hobby, and I want everyone to be happy racing. There is such a great selection of cars, engines and so on, everyone has their favorites, and I finally realized that there is nothing to be gained from being critical, and everyone has different perceptions and needs.

It's nice to get some positive feedback. I didn't want the little negative stuff to outweigh all the good and helpful advice that we all give on rc tech.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have a nova plus4c and its great quality and gets great gas milage. its very tractable everywhere so you have no problem keeping up with anyone else. but I have to say its about the most boring engine you can imagine for a 2 stroke rc car. theres almost no edge to its powerband, its just soft and tractable which wins races but isnt fun to drive. I rarely hear people complain about it but I think its worth mentioning.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

I really love this hobby, and I want everyone to be happy racing. There is such a great selection of cars, engines and so on, everyone has their favorites, and I finally realized that there is nothing to be gained from being critical, and everyone has different perceptions and needs.

It's nice to get some positive feedback. I didn't want the little negative stuff to outweigh all the good and helpful advice that we all give on rc tech.

I have to compliment you also! It's great being able to discuss things, boththe pro's and con's in a shall we say non combative manner. It's obvious that your a good guy with lots of knowledge that will be a true benefit to all of the people on here. I have to admit that I also at times suffer from the I just want to go nuts on the keyboard infliction lol! Luckily most of the time (and I'm sorry to say that it's not all the time!) I'm able to just walk away for a minute and come back later when I've calmed down but I still have a lot of room for improvement too. So I can really say that it's quite a step that you've made. Now I feel like I need to go to therapy my self lol!
Old 06-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
I will put this last little bit about my Orange head in my buggy. I dropped it to a 5.5mm insert, with Byrons Pro 30%, and OS p4 plus and stock shims. I get over 12 minutes and i drive fully punched out. It still has to much power on the bottom, and i do not get pulled on my tracks 180' straight by any motor.

Wow my jaw dropped about 6 inches when i read this lol!! 12 minutes is like what onroad guys are getting that really suprised me man i must sAY I CANT WAIT TO GET MY ALPHAS

Anyone want my v specs??

And i didnt know this guy or what he did, but i give him props fpr standing up and coming to It really sounds like he is a good guy with good info
Old 06-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I think that you have made a good choice English365.
It's too bad every time somone posts a thread about
a choice between two makes of engines, everyone selling
a completely different make of engine has to start there
personal little bitch match. I tend to shy away from people
who conduct there buisness that way. Even if there product
may be better than half-arsed or not.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dandrat
I have a nova plus4c and its great quality and gets great gas milage. its very tractable everywhere so you have no problem keeping up with anyone else. but I have to say its about the most boring engine you can imagine for a 2 stroke rc car. theres almost no edge to its powerband, its just soft and tractable which wins races but isnt fun to drive. I rarely hear people complain about it but I think its worth mentioning.
the one i saw was pretty much the same way, that is the only reason i did not get one. Fun to me supersedes how many minutes i get from a tank!!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rageworks
I think that you have made a good choice English365.
It's too bad every time somone posts a thread about
a choice between two makes of engines, everyone selling
a completely different make of engine has to start there
personal little bitch match. I tend to shy away from people
who conduct there buisness that way. Even if there product
may be better than half-arsed or not.

Lol, were you reffering to me? If so please note that at no time did I try to get on here and try to persuade anyone to buy my products or pump my stuff. My comments were specifically related to some one calling my stuff garbage. Which as I own the company that makes the products I consider insulting and felt that it meritited a responce/clarification that is all. If you stop and think about it this is probably no different than what most people would do if some one said something similar about them or the quality of the job that thy do for their livelyhood.

The reality of the matter is that there are a lot of good engines on the market and going with either of the two that the op mentioned he will be just fine. They both perform well and I realy think that it more or less boils down to the specific application that the engine will be used in and which brand offers the better support localy and what the majority of the drivers at his local track use so that he can get some help there if he needs it.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

keep this thread clean or i will end the thread..... opinions very but keep them clean and to the point... end of story... your moderator
Old 06-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up So true...

Originally Posted by dreaux
the one i saw was pretty much the same way, that is the only reason i did not get one. Fun to me supersedes how many minutes i get from a tank!!
Now keep in mind I do not own a plus-4 and I have seen them rip up a track, I drove a friends plus-4 and it was fast, but I am more used to my trusty Nova P5 that has tons of acceleration and never leaves me wanting more power throughout the rpm range until later on in a long strait away. It could use a bit more top end, and the plus4 could use a bit more torque. So I'm sticking with my p5's for now. It's only 250 bucks too. Now the Toro Team motor seems to be the best balance between bottom end and top end. Meaning it has everything, but it's expensive. Like 390 dollars. The FMS is another option that would be Killer in a buggy at around 300 bucks I think.

What I'm saying basically is it really does depend on your driving style, and skill level. I'm a more smooth expert driver and need the extra punch of the p5 to keep me on the edge, while a punched driver might benefit from a plus-4 to keep it on their wheels and not spin out, then there is the really fast guys who have to go all out and can handle it, they could do well with an FMS, a Speed or Ninja, or a Toro Team. That red headed Alpha is pretty darn punched too, so I can't leave them out. I drove a friends LOsi with a red Alpha and it was fast everywhere for 200 bucks it's not suprising to see people getting them, just remember your skill level, and driving style are a factor, going ballistic doesn't win races, but it sure is fun right....
Old 06-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Garbage.
Way too Many People are running the Werks Engine and having real good luck with it, to believe your rhetoric..

As for the Original question, I have no idea, as I am at eh same cross roads, trying to decide which engine I wanna pick up.. I need 2, one for buggy and one for truggy..
Old 06-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Me to scotty, i think im going with red head in my buggy with the orange head alpha in truggy I really appriciate everyones help and opinions, We can keep this thread going and talk about all motors if yall wouldlike it sounds like works are very smooth with lots of power as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.