Like Tree1Likes

Lab C-02

Old 04-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrHistory
Are you ordering directly from Italy? I think you are on the west coast...maybe send me a pm and we can see if something will work. thanks
Yeah we on the west coast, Ill pm you, were ordering direct and also from RC-Netshop.dk
Old 04-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
For threading the pivot balls and other screws into the suspension arms I recommend pre-warming the suspension arms a bit and apply some grease (Copper/Moly) to the threads for some lubrication. This way it's a lot easier to cut the threads and the cut is much nicer.

Regarding the diffs, mine last for an entire season, actually still got the first set I got 3 years ago. Of course when you hit the boards or crash you can damage them by the sudden deceleration.
thats what happened to me, open practice going down back straight, n my eyes teared up real bad, n i lost my car for a second, n smack!! inside wall, nothing wrong with the car, but i had just chipped my gears was running 5th in the B at Airtronics when i had to pull it! became undriveable
Old 04-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have a basic question for setup. on the capricorn sheets im not sure about the ride height. i am using the hudy set up tools and not sure if the sheets give ride height on the set up station or with race ready tires?

setup sheet for ride height:
front 5.5mm
rear 6.5mm
(i did this with setup tools on car)

after installing tires (60mmFr, 63mm Rr)
ride height with tires:
front 3mm
rear 8mm

can someone refresh me on this process?
Old 04-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i have a basic question for setup. on the capricorn sheets im not sure about the ride height. i am using the hudy set up tools and not sure if the sheets give ride height on the set up station or with race ready tires?

front 5.5mm
rear 6.5mm

ride height with tires:
front 3mm
rear 8mm

set your ride height with race ready tires
Old 04-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Jason. The answer to your question is: The set-up sheet gives the ride height with race ready tires... The split on your tires is incorrect. I the split should be 2mm ie. 60F/62R. The ride height given in the setup sheet: 5.5/6.5, is most likely with the tire size of 58F/60R. Hope this helps.
Ashton
Old 04-15-2013, 12:58 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Ashton

I searched around rctech and found a few other posts on this, including one from DS Moto.

I read Paolo Morganti's post stating for the 733 that as a standard rule you can do ride height on the Hudy station at 8mm front, and 7mm rear

I did this for now. It seems that some just do this for all tires and dont change it around? Hope it works the same for this car...
Old 04-21-2013, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone using the JLR starter box? i can't get a good fit with the stock parts. Please share any info.

Also, what lipo will work with that motor? I have a 7.4v 2S stick pack from a buggy...
Old 04-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

front 5.5mm
rear 6.5mm

ride height with tires:
front 3mm
rear 8mm

From memory, one of the things I noticed about the C02 was it's race readiness out of the box setup and my ride height was perfect for 60F/62R diameter tyres. This was with BLACK std springs. The softer your springs and suspension, the more travel and higher the ride height and vice versa. ie stiff and low.

Recently a friend told me he sets his ride height using shock/spring retainers first, then with car raised adjusts droop screws until the spring just touches the spring retainer on the shock.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

use hudy setup gauges set to 8mm front 7mm rear this should works well
Old 04-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

So is there anyone in the United States who is stocking capricorn for this season? i dont see rear arms anywhere online and i bought two kits, im ready to run the car this season, and now assume i have wasted my money because i wont be able to use the car. I have really tried to hang in there with this platform but it seems like its time to get an Xray.
We are the importer for the USA. We stock all the parts for all the Capricorn cars. Rear arms are in stock.

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...2&cat=0&page=1

Or call us at 305-677-3253

Desoto Racing - Capricorn USA - Serpent America
Old 04-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by blis
I can feel your frustration... I think as a world wide community many of us want to help and it's sad for the sake of shipping you've lost confidence in the product. Yes it's your right to evaluate local support as a major factor, it's written on the walls of RC-Tech, and who are we to question the global wisdom.

As for the cars, they are awesome, "best" while often short term, isn't an understatement when it comes to a C02. So, if I can sway you with encouragement it's due to the car's performance and durability and this reduces the amount of spares required.

All said and done, all cars need parts and if there's no supply .. I hear ya... http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...&cat=41&page=6 :/
That's the old arm. The newer and better 'B' harder arms are in stock.

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...2&cat=0&page=1
Old 04-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Me and a couple other local CAP guys piggyback on each others orders to cut shipping cost, we try n order together, that way shipping is $10 instead of $40.......your welcome to get in with us if you want........
It's probably faster and cheaper to order it from us in the USA.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Desoto Racing!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by blis
Recently a friend told me he sets his ride height using shock/spring retainers first, then with car raised adjusts droop screws until the spring just touches the spring retainer on the shock.
That means no droop , or the spring sag only. if i`understand correctly.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

front 5.5mm
rear 6.5mm

ride height with tires:
front 3mm
rear 8mm

In my opinion the only proper way to set rideheight on a nitro TC is by setting the rideheight with a blank set of rims.
You want the car to be just off the ground when the tires are completely worn (no more foam).
I only change rideheight according to the track surface: bumpy track I raise it, smooth track I lower the car.

I use the following rideheights:

Smooth track: front 0,5mm, rear 1,0mm
Bumpy track: front 1,5-2,0mm, rear 2,0-2,5mm

I change the downstops accordingly to keep the amount of droop the same.

After I set the rideheight I never change it, no matter what tire size I'm running.

I use a feeler gauge to determine the rideheight:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.