Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
possible servo problem or something else? >

possible servo problem or something else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

possible servo problem or something else?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default possible servo problem or something else?

I have an rc8 rtr and my brakes are sticking. When I hit the brakes they stay on some until I hit the throttle again. Sometimes they take a second to even work at all when I hit the brakes, and other times the pulse like anti lock brakes. My servo also makes a humming noise almost all the time.

Is my servo almost done or is maybe the little spring bad thats on the throttle rod that goes to the servo arm?

It seems that my servo just doesn't push the brakes back far enough whenever I let off of them.

Maybe I have the back brakes to tight?

I have no idea, I'm new to all of this and am trying to think of anything that would keep me from buying another servo already. I've sunk more money then I've wanted to so far into this way to fast.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

its probably the servo if its the servo that comes with the RTR. but also take of the servo arm and make sure its not stripped, it might be spinning on the servo. i had that happen to me and bought another servo and then realized it was just the servo arm.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think just typing out my problem helped.

I can't start it up right now but I think I fixed it. It had something to do with my new radio's trim level. I forgot that the day I got it when I started my buggy it was idleing with the throttle at about half, so I adjusted the trim for a quick fix. That was making my brakes stay on until I hit the throttle again.

I just brought out what ever is at the end of the trottle rod ( I have no idea what these things are called) so that the servo could move my throttle all the way in without any trim on the radio. That made the brake loosen up without having to tap the throttle again.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

glad you figured it out, sometimes going back to the basics will solve the problem. simple easy fix.