Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOOKING FOR SPONSORSHIPS

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My best advice is to concentrate on one class and keep that vehicle in tip top shape every time you racesit. Quality practice goes a long way in Nitro racing... not just burning fuel to burn fuel....I would try to get your feet wet by joining us at the Nitro Pit.. Its about a 3 hour drive for you guys and well worth it. Get some of the local club races under your belt, and then on to the series races and so on.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

step one:
Old 08-19-2008, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdub202
step one:

Does it bother you that much that he has the caps locked ?
Old 08-19-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yes.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyP
My best advice is to concentrate on one class and keep that vehicle in tip top shape every time you racesit. Quality practice goes a long way in Nitro racing... not just burning fuel to burn fuel....I would try to get your feet wet by joining us at the Nitro Pit.. Its about a 3 hour drive for you guys and well worth it. Get some of the local club races under your belt, and then on to the series races and so on.
That's really what we plan on doing, heard too many great things from racers here about the Nitro Pit.. and just LOOK at it! LoL.. We'll be there soon, Promise
Old 08-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

For those races with points and all, 20 - 55 miles really isn't that bad. Heck, I would love to drive that each weekend if I could. Try 120 miles minimum, no LHS. I would say if you are serious about getting sponsored, give serious thought to attending those events and doing well in them.

You may find it beneficial to go with what is popular in the market right now for racing, 1/8 scale buggy and truggy. Even starting with an RTR kit based on a competent racer isn't a bad thing, especially if its from a company you think may be more receptive to doing sponsorships.

Good luck.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

it seems the Trinity camp will "sponsor" just about anyone who knows how to breath....maybe try them
Old 08-19-2008, 11:13 AM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I have the only sponsors that I will ever need... and that's Bank of America and VISA. They give me all the money I want and they're everywhere I wanna be

I was in Havasu in April. Got to see the Snoopy ride first hand! You guys have a nice little track there. I enjoyed the hell outta get my butt handed to me in the "pro" class.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crim3Wav3
it seems the Trinity camp will "sponsor" just about anyone who knows how to breath....maybe try them
Wow, now that's funny right there!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Crim3Wav3
And don't forget Xray, they are the masters of 50% off deals. Al least they were when the cars didn't work.LOL
Old 08-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

If anyone is looking for a killer write-up of what it takes to create a Racer Resume check this out.

The article is written by a WELL KNOWN sponsored racer turned Magazine editor, and very cool guy name Aaron Waldron.

I've personally seen four people use this resume to get sponsorships. However they are also skilled racers, so its not automatic. It includes an example resume.

How to write a race resume:
http://www.undergroundrc.com/tuning/....aspx?uID=4288
Old 08-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Aaron Waldron is an awesome guy and is very talented check that url out
Old 08-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

There is a lot of good advice from some top names that have posted.

Top three reasons you will be able to attract sponsors;

#1. Great attitude. Whether you win, get second, get hacked while winning or break in warm up, you MUST keep yourself in check at all times.

#2. Be helpful. Whether its your own team or a complete stranger who may be having a hard time with... tuning, starting a buggy, setting up or taking down an ez up, volunteering to marshal, anything to be helpful just do it!

#3 Be fast, drive well and finish well. Not all sponsored drivers make the "A" but they try their best everytime they're on the track, they have fun and they keep at it.

"Perfect practice makes perfect". Like Casey said don't just go out to burn nitro, go out to achieve something for the day. Usually its to get faster and faster and learn how you got faster. (Take notes!!)

Ask the fast guys to look at your equipment. They may spot something you have overlooked and help you get faster as well as teach you something. Thank them always for their help and go try it. Go back later (maybe after the race) and thank them again. Your name will get known, you will get noticed and before you know it you're sponsored.

Good luck!

Jimmy Wright
Old 08-20-2008, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Sponsorships are nice but you have to remember that we all do this because we enjoy racing and being around the people in the hobby. If you put the time and effert in to this hobby because you love to race then in time you will get faster and as long as your atitude is always respectful and you are liked by all of your peers you can start by picking up small company sponsors and go from there. Good luck.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

IMO nobody worthy of a sponsorship should have to go around asking for it ...................If your good ...............they will come to you don't worry .

I can't help but think this topic is just a couple guys looking for some hand outs .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.