Community
Wiki Posts
Search

losi vs king headz engine mount

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Default losi vs king headz engine mount

i'm forced to buy a new buggy (my 808 was scammed out of me) and i'm going to go with a 2.0 buggy, i've had two eights before, but both were the 1.0 version. i used the king headz mount in them so i could use a three shoe clutch, and i'm going to do the same in the 2.0.

i had herd that the losi one peice mount sits high and the starter wheel has trouble hitting the flywheel. is this true?

if so i'll go with the king headz mount again. if not, i'll use the losi one..

thanks

Last edited by jrwoodchuck; 04-15-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
i'm forced to buy a new buggy (my 808 was scammed out of me) and i'm going to go with a 2.0 buggy, i've had two eights before, but both were the 1.0 version. i used the kingz head mount in them so i could use a three shoe clutch, and i'm going to do the same in the 2.0.

i had herd that the losi one peice mount sits high and the starter wheel has trouble hitting the flywheel. is this true?

if so i'll go with the kingz head mount again. if not, i'll use the losi one..

thanks
Not sure about sitting high, but IMO the KHZ mount is alot nicer anyway. I run the extended one on both buggy and truggy, and have for years. The extension really helps with CB bearing life. Plus IMO the KHZ mount is just higher quality, plus ya gotta love the black.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

i've never tried the extended mount, i replaced my clutch bearings after every race weekend so i'm not sure about going threw them.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

i'm sure the answer is yes, but will the king headz mount fit the 2.0?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

i've never tried the extended mount, i replaced my clutch bearings after every race weekend so i'm not sure about going threw them.
Yeah I was changing mine every weekend before I got the extended mount. Now they last several gallons if I want them too. I usually change them every gallon or so.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Yeah I was changing mine every weekend before I got the extended mount. Now they last several gallons if I want them too. I usually change them every gallon or so.
wow, that's a great selling point. but do you notice a different feel having the chassis flex less?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Champion

wow, that's a great selling point. but do you notice a different feel having the chassis flex less?
No. I was worried I would at first, but I don't. The extension only cuts down on flex right in the spur/bell area. It has to increase the life of the spur and bell slightly too. IMO it is well worth it.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
No. I was worried I would at first, but I don't. The extension only cuts down on flex right in the spur/bell area. It has to increase the life of the spur and bell slightly too. IMO it is well worth it.
i see in your signiture that you are running the 2.0, i'm assumming you are using the extended mount in them. but you sold me anyway...

thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have the losi quick change in mine and I don't know how or why people are saying its too high. I really like my losi mount, but I'd rather have the King Headz.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I have a 2.0 truggy and I installed the Kink Headz extended mount before the truck hit the dirt. I have ran this mount for the last season in a 1.0 truggy and I love it. Keep the plastic braces front and rear and you will have plenty of flex. The alum braces takes a lot of the flex away. Depends on your driving style. I like all the flex I can get but there is no need for flex at the clutch bell it can not tolerate flex for long. I have no problems with the starter box. I have used the losi box and recently the ofna truggy box (best box on the planet). Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

how bout the A.C.E. mount? bosses on the bottom that take up the extra slack of the oversize slots, and aligns the motor straight everytime!!
Attached Thumbnails losi vs king headz engine mount-8ightmount1-600-x-451-.jpg   losi vs king headz engine mount-8ightmount3-600-x-451-.jpg  
Old 04-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I vote for A.C.E
Old 04-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

i see in your signiture that you are running the 2.0, i'm assumming you are using the extended mount in them. but you sold me anyway...

thanks
Yup I run them on the 2.0 with great success. The KHZ mount is the only one worth having IMO. That extension really helps out. And like Frank L said you don't want flex in the CB area.