Search

Xray T2'007

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghost rider
Hey felas
I am having heaps of trouble with my 007 on rubbers.
I am not running anything stupid or weird setups. the rear is just so loose,its like your driving on egg shells.
Even kit setup does not work.I run on ashpalt with sorex 36 i have tried virtually everything,the tweak is perfect its not the goop i am running because everyone else runs it and it is good.
Any idears to get the rear end to stick like shit.
thanks

What sort of track are you running on??? (ie. layout, dusty parking lot or high bite prepared track asphalt)

Also, where is the car loose??? (ie. entering a corner, mid corner, or exiting corner) and how much corner speed are you carrying into the corner?

And what motors are you using??? (mod, 19t stock)

Also, it might help to post a setup sheet so we can see what you are using (other than standard rubber setup - which is SUPER safe on asphalt/mod)

If you have checked chassis tweak, have you also checked car tweak with it 'ready to run' mode (ie. on a proper tweak station - MIP, Speedmind or Hudy)

And not to state the obvious, but have you also made sure that all the adjustments are correct and equal (ie. rear toe, track width, camber and squat).

One final thing to check, is the diff action. Is it gritty and notchy or is it smooth and free? If it is notchy and gritty feeling, then that will also have an adverse affect on the way the car performs.

Hope this helps.

Leonard.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ghost rider
Hey felas
I am having heaps of trouble with my 007 on rubbers.
I am not running anything stupid or weird setups. the rear is just so loose,its like your driving on egg shells.
Even kit setup does not work.I run on ashpalt with sorex 36 i have tried virtually everything,the tweak is perfect its not the goop i am running because everyone else runs it and it is good.
Any idears to get the rear end to stick like shit.
thanks

tires coming unglued?
Old 01-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default loose

Hey guys
I am running on a out door UNprepared asphalt surface.
The car is loose entering into the corner and i am carrying normal speed into the corner.I'm not fliying into the corners at silly speed.
I am running modified with a lrp brushless system.
I have tried virtually everything regarding setup.
The tweak is perfect i have a mip tweak station to check that.Droop,camber,toe,shock lengths is all fine.
Next point regarding the rear diff i even put in a new one to cover that problem.
I have tried a spool because i usually run a locked one way and the spool did help but it was still taily.
And what nexus says about tires coming unglued , i am usuing brand new boots and none were coming unglued.
THANKS heaps.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well generally if the car is loose entering the corner we tend to tighten down the droop screws a touch... But we need to know more about your setup before we can actually give you any really good help. So it mightbe a good idea to post your complete setup

-Korey
Old 01-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

The rear diff might be too tight.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Yeah, I was just messing around. I am just not a big fan of the shameless plugs for these option part companies that seem to hault the whole thread for the second time...
just a reminder,these shameless plugs you speak of are from companies that support the company that employs you.availabiliy of option parts and parts support help sell cars.this is a public forum for people to talk about this car.this is not an xray sponsored thread and is open for people to show other people cool new parts for this particular car.whether or not it is a company showing the new aftermarket parts they have or if it is a person showing pics of what they bought,this is where you find xray enthusiests.it is simply letting people know its there.look at how the forum got started,by a person interested in the new xray car.now does this mean that all of the posts from the guys on your end are shameless plugs? there are parts out there that can improve the car and personalize it.this is a hobby and these are the things that make it fun for people.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

re loose rear end..

i run a small asphalt track, which can be a lil slippery sometimes.

from the kit setup.. I go a shorter wheelbase (small track), lay the rear shocks in one more hole

i run light blue front springs, yellow rear, or stock springs are ok. 3holes open fr and rr.

take out more droop, take it all out, I've got 1mm front, 2mm rear, (measured by holding the wheels down and lifting the chassis (measuring the difference in chassis height during this process). roughly 5mm ride height all round, medium or soft chassis setup.

I find my T2 better on asphalt with rubbers than my 007. although I've not had a chance to change more on the 007 yet, but it's certainly not like my T2!

Do your tuning on new or newish tyres, old tyres are 80% the problem when your car handles like crap. no need to use goop during setup either

maybe even try dialing up a tad throttle so there's no 'drag' on the driveline when cornering (coasting).. I'm guessing the car is coming out when you let off the throttle to enter a corner. Or reduce drag brake if your using it (I use 20%)

so many things to try out!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

ghost rider,
Personally I think you're using too hard of a tire. I'd use something like a Take Off 27 with a medium insert. I'd also stay away from the traction compound unless the track is well prepared as my experience has shown that it tends to cause the tires to pick up dust and loose traction.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
just a reminder,these shameless plugs you speak of are from companies that support the company that employs you.availabiliy of option parts and parts support help sell cars.this is a public forum for people to talk about this car.this is not an xray sponsored thread and is open for people to show other people cool new parts for this particular car.whether or not it is a company showing the new aftermarket parts they have or if it is a person showing pics of what they bought,this is where you find xray enthusiests.it is simply letting people know its there.look at how the forum got started,by a person interested in the new xray car.now does this mean that all of the posts from the guys on your end are shameless plugs? there are parts out there that can improve the car and personalize it.this is a hobby and these are the things that make it fun for people.
Post of the year so far.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Geeze Dal ....you sure know a lot about him ...so next question ...boxers or briefs
You need a role model... I think I'll tear down my ride and rebuild just to say I did it. The car has been killer from day one. This may be the last rebuild for the carpet season then it's a tear down once asphalt season get's here.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Yeah, I was just messing around. I am just not a big fan of the shameless plugs for these option part companies that seem to hault the whole thread for the second time...
Wow, my bad, I should have put a couple HA's in there or something to convey how lightly I am taking this and merely just wanted to say something about it... In no way was I shooting the guy down, but if I was making these option parts, (which is very cool that somebody is doing this on their own, as I am a fan of innovation being an ME in training) I would start my own thread and maybe put a link to that thread in my signature and make it a point to always keep it on top, but I'm probably way out of line, and you do have my apologies if it came off or was taken the wrong way. I do understand that he/protc3/and others do support my employment, and it is appreciated, but once again, I simply thought it was funny that he plugs his parts and the thread halts for days, and once again, it may not be a bad thing to start his own thread, and I am aware that it is a public forum, and that was my opinion also...
Old 01-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Lord

i thought the parts looked pretty nice.i looked at them.i think alot of others did also.it just seems that some car companies are getting offended by option parts.i know i have a tendency to get bent out of shape when i see posts saying things against option parts and maybe i shouldnt.i make option parts for the rc cars but it is not my main source of income.this is a fun thing for me and usually costs me money because jobs that are not running because i am playing around making rc car parts the point i am trying to make is,it is very expensive to do what xray,HB,schumacher or any of the other manufacturers do.it is not cheap to make these cars and they do everything they can to offer the best car possible.unfortunately,the better you make the car,the higher the price tag.they need to cut cost in areas that it is possible with keeping the end result as close to the same.therefore some areas of the product suffer.this is not just in this hobby but in every form of racing.this is where the aftermarket parts help.i never understood why there was always so much conflict between some of the car manufacturers and the aftermarket companies.look at motocross for instance,i raced motocross for many years and i honestly can say i never saw a stock bike at the races.the pros bikes are even further from stock.people didnt care if the bike was stock or not.they just wanted to know which bike it was,honda,kawisaki,yamaha,suzuki.they new they could always get the hop ups.this is the same for the rc cars.do you really think that xray will lose a sale because paul ran someones spool or chassis?hell no.they will buy the xray and that chassis and spool.all they see is that it won.i dont mean to bash anyone.i just dont like to be reffered to or in the same class as the traveling steak devil.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I know man! I've never had a problem with you, heck you know I ordered and ran a chassis from you when one couldn't get a carpet chassis from XRay when the T2 first came out. I don't race but, I do ride motocross as does AJ that works up here with me and we go to the dallas supercross race and just laugh because the only difference between the pro's bikes is setup (sponsor influenced, of course) and the color of the plastic! But I do know that you guys only help us out in the aftermarket department, and there is no hostility toward you or others, but I do understand why you be a little defensive always being under fire accused of ripping off design and what not, but you guys are awesome and this hobby needs more of ya'll.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Just picked up a 007 and the shocks look to be built with the 3 hole non adjustable pistons. What shock oil should I use with these. I only have AE and Trinity oils no X-Ray. I am running on Med Bite Ozite with foams. Thanks
Old 01-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Lee- Most of our setups are based on 30wt Xray shock oil. 3 hole piston setting is about "ideal" or multi-use as you can get so that combination should be a good starting point for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.