Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
To balance or not... >

To balance or not...

To balance or not...

Old 09-26-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default To balance or not...

Just wondering is it worth the hassle to balance every set of sedan tires/wheels. I'm going to be using Take off pre-mounts. Tried balncing a set using a Topflight balancer and lead tape but, found it frustrating. Anybody have any tips or should I leave em be.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Default Balancing act

Most tires premounted or not are way and in some instances way way way way out of balance. Pick your car up and hit the throttle. If you feel any imbalance at all take the time to balance all four tires. Then try it again. You'll never run an unbalanced tire again. I know it takes time and is about as much fun as hemorhoids but it's worth it in the end. After a while you'll get the feel of how much weight to put on by just how much the tire/wheel centers itself on the balancer.

After all these are mostly all electric cars and at least balancing tires is not any more boring than watching batteries charge.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Balancing tires is OK for larger events like the Worlds or getting that (very small) edge whereever needed. I have not seen anyone do it at the smaller races and personally I think it should be one of the later things on your to-do list before a race.

It is pretty cool though...