Swearing at the track >

Swearing at the track

Swearing at the track

Old 03-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Really??!?

I'm certainly not a fan of not teaching children how to cope in uncomfortable and difficult situations but your thinking seems off center to me. I wasn't raised in a ultra conservative non exposed childhood. But we weren't allowed to watch PG13 or R movies before it was appropriate. Is the idea to expose them to things their minds aren't able to cope with in an effort to harden them off? Aren't children supposed to be allowed to be children? Not the self entitled, rude and obnoxious youths that the world seems to be full of? I think the dilution of morals, manners and common sense is a tragedy. A lot of people feel like this generation of young parents need to reinvent parenting...that they know how to do it better than our parents did. I'm sorry...in general parents are doing a worse job than any previous generation. And it's a lot of this kind of thinking that allows children to be exposed and grow up too quickly. To each there own but don't question folks that want to keep old fashioned morals and good manners.
My thoughts exactly. It's not about what's legal here, it's about what's APPROPRIATE, & frankly, today's kids are learning a number of things MUCH too soon, before they can really comprehend what it means. And if there are still parents who want to control WHEN their children learn certain things, then it's their RIGHT to do so. And honestly, I think we need more parents to exercise some of that control today, they should at least WANT to raise kids to be decent, THINKING adults, yes? Part of that means knowing when such language might be appropriate, & when it is NOT. And Brit_racer, I wonder, do you have other tracks you can take your daughter to? If the track owner can't or won't do anything about that kind of thing, then maybe taking your business elsewhere may make the point clear to them?
Old 03-03-2016, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You need to make up a Pink T shirt for your kid
something along the line of
Cursing ....It makes them less mature than me
with a big smiley face .
Old 03-04-2016, 06:36 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Really??!?

I'm certainly not a fan of not teaching children how to cope in uncomfortable and difficult situations but your thinking seems off center to me. I wasn't raised in a ultra conservative non exposed childhood. But we weren't allowed to watch PG13 or R movies before it was appropriate. Is the idea to expose them to things their minds aren't able to cope with in an effort to harden them off? Aren't children supposed to be allowed to be children? Not the self entitled, rude and obnoxious youths that the world seems to be full of? I think the dilution of morals, manners and common sense is a tragedy. A lot of people feel like this generation of young parents need to reinvent parenting...that they know how to do it better than our parents did. I'm sorry...in general parents are doing a worse job than any previous generation. And it's a lot of this kind of thinking that allows children to be exposed and grow up too quickly. To each there own but don't question folks that want to keep old fashioned morals and good manners.
No, the idea is to explain to children when they're in the real world that many people do things differently, however in your guidance you do things the right way.

There is nothing I can do to shield my child from everything. I remember kids cussing in 3rd and 4th grade, however I knew from my parents those were bad words, and not to use them. Teaching a child right from wrong is a tremendous thing that many parents seem to no longer do. They're now taught morales from TV and helicopter parents.

When I was a kid - we played outside until the street lights came on - and if you weren't home, there was hell to pay. Now, kids are shielded from outside, kept inside and given a healthy diet of soda and television. They're told there are "safe zones" and "comfort zones" and everyone is given a trophy for participation.

Parents who go out of their way to shield children from real life are the ones perpetuating the "safe zones" and "Trigger" environments that plague today's society of political correctness. I remember my parents sitting down and explaining bad words, why people use them, and why we don't. It was a VERY simple conversation, and drove home facts. They knew they couldn't shield me from real life - you can't. It's inevitable they'll hear nasty language, and it's inevitable they will be around nasty situations.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
No, the idea is to explain to children when they're in the real world that many people do things differently, however in your guidance you do things the right way.

There is nothing I can do to shield my child from everything. I remember kids cussing in 3rd and 4th grade, however I knew from my parents those were bad words, and not to use them. Teaching a child right from wrong is a tremendous thing that many parents seem to no longer do. They're now taught morales from TV and helicopter parents.

When I was a kid - we played outside until the street lights came on - and if you weren't home, there was hell to pay. Now, kids are shielded from outside, kept inside and given a healthy diet of soda and television. They're told there are "safe zones" and "comfort zones" and everyone is given a trophy for participation.

Parents who go out of their way to shield children from real life are the ones perpetuating the "safe zones" and "Trigger" environments that plague today's society of political correctness. I remember my parents sitting down and explaining bad words, why people use them, and why we don't. It was a VERY simple conversation, and drove home facts. They knew they couldn't shield me from real life - you can't. It's inevitable they'll hear nasty language, and it's inevitable they will be around nasty situations.
Next time you're at work stand up at your desk and yell to the guy across the room that he's a "no good c**k s****er", when your boss gets upset just explain to him that it's just words and he should learn to ignore it and to stop being so sensitive. Tell him your street light story.

Report back here with the outcome.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Haha +1Million Eric.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricW
Next time you're at work stand up at your desk and yell to the guy across the room that he's a "no good c**k s****er", when your boss gets upset just explain to him that it's just words and he should learn to ignore it and to stop being so sensitive. Tell him your street light story.

Wow - thanks. I totally spit out my coffee all over my monitor.

Anyway, your proposal might not go over so well if the supervisor's parents didn't teach the supervisor to live in the real world.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
Wow - thanks. I totally spit out my coffee all over my monitor.

Anyway, your proposal might not go over so well if the supervisor's parents didn't teach the supervisor to live in the real world.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

What!? What's the problem?

Old 03-04-2016, 08:10 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by EricW

Just did.

My boss looked at me and laughed his ass off. My coworker laughed, and she told me to "F myself". We all laughed.

Because here, we don't take life too serious, and realize that we all respect each other and work together. I've talked with my daughter about what is right and wrong, and the biggest reason, why.

I take her to the track, and on the way, I explained why people use foul language, and also explained why we don't. I'm pretty confrontational, however, I don't see myself telling someone what I think they can and cannot say.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

How is expecting people to be halfway responsible around kids being too sensitive? Or taking things too seriously?

I'm goofy and give my kids a hard time and play around and joke with them all the time. At times their mom has to reel me in. My kids are far from sheltered..I still think a well placed F*** is funny as hell...in the right setting. I don't think it's too much to ask other adults too use decent judgement when kids are present.

And I'd say if you can call your boss that and everyone laughs...great...the other 95% of us in the real world can't as its disrespectful.

I'd say the majority of adults don't even want to be around the obnoxious big mouth dropping F bombs like candy. Just saying...
Old 03-04-2016, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Just did.

My boss looked at me and laughed his ass off. My coworker laughed, and she told me to "F myself". We all laughed.
That doesn't seem like living in the real world. As Core referenced, that would probably get you reprimanded or fired in 95% of the other places of work.

I don't think you're wrong in your statements, and teaching kids how to deal with adversity is great; however, I don't think it's a blanket solution. Nor one that is so good that all others should be dismissed.

PS - Why didn't you take a video? I challenge that it didn't happen with no evidence. Partially because I'd love to see a video of you yelling that. C'mon, do it again. It's Friday and we need a laugh!
Old 03-04-2016, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Waitaminute! Why did you sanitize the 'F' in your message? You should be able to use it freely. RCTech exists in the real world.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by goehm
That doesn't seem like living in the real world. As Core referenced, that would probably get you reprimanded or fired in 95% of the other places of work.

I don't think you're wrong in your statements, and teaching kids how to deal with adversity is great; however, I don't think it's a blanket solution. Nor one that is so good that all others should be dismissed.

PS - Why didn't you take a video? I challenge that it didn't happen with no evidence. Partially because I'd love to see a video of you yelling that. C'mon, do it again. It's Friday and we need a laugh!
I can't legally roll video inside of my building. Sorry.

Waitaminute! Why did you sanitize the 'F' in your message? You should be able to use it freely. RCTech exists in the real world.
Look back a page - a moderator edited my post and asked me to not swear...so I sanitized it. Don't like it? Get a refund on my post.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I can't legally roll video inside of my building. Sorry.

Look back a page - a moderator edited my post and asked me to not swear...so I sanitized it. Don't like it? Get a refund on my post.
Why do you think that happened? Here's a clue, young people come here...Why don't you rage and tell him how it's you're "right" to be able too? Cause it isn't you're house, that's why. You'll be booted to the door and you'll have no platform to rage at others on. Many of us don't find you're demeaning posts helpful or funny at all.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just did.

Because here, we don't take life too serious, and realize that we all respect each other and work together. I've talked with my daughter about what is right and wrong, and the biggest reason, why.

I take her to the track, and on the way, I explained why people use foul language, and also explained why we don't. I'm pretty confrontational, however, I don't see myself telling someone what I think they can and cannot say.
Ah trolling we will go.............

Also, tell me more about your first amendment rights. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.