Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spbrown86
Hi all, im just getting into off road RC, new indoor track opened up up the road, and im very interested in the DEX 210. Ive been searching all over, but every place I look the kit or the Rtr is back ordered. Does anyone know why? Are they just having trouble filling demand or something else?
A new dex210v2 is in the works. It doesn't sound like it will be out until February-ish. Until then, it's pretty likely the current kits won't be restocked. I'd love it if they were restocked and sold at the blowout price they had a month or two ago, but don't really see that happening.

If you want a 210, either wait for a new updated version, or find one used somewhere.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wonder when the new gear case will be out? It says mid November. It is mid November.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ae4ever
That's a measurement of shock length, correct me if I'm wrong but droop is how much down travel the shock has at ride height?
Almost correct, actually droop can be seen as the amount of up-travel from ride-height the chassis can have until the wheels leave the ground, or the amount of down-travel the arms can have from ride-height.

This means that the same amount of droop when measured on the shocks will give different actual droop for different shock mounting locations.

No matter how you choose to define your droop the most important thing is that you can get a consistent measurement that does not depend on changes in your suspension geometry, i.e. shock placement.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fredswain
I wonder when the new gear case will be out? It says mid November. It is mid November.
What's different with the new case?
Old 11-14-2013, 02:23 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mopar
What's different with the new case?
It has an additional camber link hole and has more material reinforcing that area.
The sway bar mount is also part of the case now instead of being a separate piece.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ekt
It has an additional camber link hole and has more material reinforcing that area.
The sway bar mount is also part of the case now instead of being a separate piece.
Thanks! The picture on Durango site only shows one set of holes.

Last edited by Mopar; 11-14-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: add to
Old 11-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys dumb question but I just got some springs

TD330143 Light Red Front Spring 49gf/mm

TD330136 Black Spring 47gf/mm

That is what the packaging reads, I thought they are supposed to be switched the black spring being heavier and light red being lighter. Is this a misprint on the package or has something changed from durango?? Im a bit confused and dont want to be mixed up when making a spring change.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:54 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mopar
Thanks! The picture on Durango site only shows one set of holes.
The type B gear box has a different part number #TD310459

Originally Posted by mindless
Hey guys dumb question but I just got some springs

TD330143 Light Red Front Spring 49gf/mm

TD330136 Black Spring 47gf/mm

That is what the packaging reads, I thought they are supposed to be switched the black spring being heavier and light red being lighter. Is this a misprint on the package or has something changed from durango?? Im a bit confused and dont want to be mixed up when making a spring change.
Interesting, will have to contact TD about that. Most places have the black listed as the harder spring though.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ae4ever
That's a measurement of shock length, correct me if I'm wrong but droop is how much down travel the shock has at ride height?
Originally Posted by GregerL
Almost correct, actually droop can be seen as the amount of up-travel from ride-height the chassis can have until the wheels leave the ground, or the amount of down-travel the arms can have from ride-height.

This means that the same amount of droop when measured on the shocks will give different actual droop for different shock mounting locations.

No matter how you choose to define your droop the most important thing is that you can get a consistent measurement that does not depend on changes in your suspension geometry, i.e. shock placement.
Jump to about a minute in on this Adam Drake how to setup droop video. BTW he leaves his tires on, I guess this could be more accurate, and with a buggy it's easy.. sct with bumpers a little harder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H99PKqsUZjA
Old 11-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Jump to about a minute in on this Adam Drake how to setup droop video. BTW he leaves his tires on, I guess this could be more accurate, and with a buggy it's easy.. sct with bumpers a little harder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H99PKqsUZjA
That is a great method if you never change your shock mounting location.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Question on chassis. If I am planning to just run 17.5 blinky class, which chassis would be recommended, the aluminum or the dimec type b. I will be racing on a variety of surfaces from high bite glued surface to low bite clay. Thanks for any input
Old 11-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Droop will always change when you change shock mounting location unless the manufacturer took that in consideration when designing the suspension.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Wow, I am honestly speechless that a "pro" considers that a way to measure droop. It is however a way to verify each side is equal.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
Wow, I am honestly speechless that a "pro" considers that a way to measure droop. It is however a way to verify each side is equal.
I could see doing that after actually checking droop to make sure it's the same left to right but if you move your shocks them it changes everything...

I've been checking mine by removing the wheels and putting the chassis on a parts container that is 27MM tall. Then measuring the height of each axle. If it's 25MM then I have -2MM droop.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fanfor18
Question on chassis. If I am planning to just run 17.5 blinky class, which chassis would be recommended, the aluminum or the dimec type b. I will be racing on a variety of surfaces from high bite glued surface to low bite clay. Thanks for any input
I normally run an alloy +8mm chassis but will be running a dimec type b for17.5 at Motorama (as well as probably some club racing before that) Its lighter and light is good for 17.5 (especially rotating mass, but can't justify the cost of the lightweight outdrives and axles )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.