Search

Fastest Offroad

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 05:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thebeaumartin
you guys also left off that list the awesome gs racing cl-1 lol
Yeah, GS Racing CL-1 is a good and durable car. easy to drive and maintenance.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think the fastest offroad combo would have to be the Losi 8ight combined with a C6BBT. My friend drives one and its insanely fast. The OS Speed might give it a run though. The 8ight is the fastest buggy because its the lightest and includes a 14t bell. Ive owned enough buggies I feel like I can say this without a doubt to be true.

But in all honestly flat out speed isnt what offroad racing is about. Its about control so the best driver can beat the fastest engine any day.

Gearing is a bigger factor in most cases than engine. At the last race I attended I was able to gain on the straight with my 8ight v-spec combo on another 8ight running a Speed. Obviously the Speed is a more powerfull engine than my stock V-Spec but since I used the 14t bell and I'm betting he used the 13t I was able to catch him on the straight. It was noticable enough he commented to me about it during the race.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Actually a test was done on speed and the losi is actually the slowest on the radar gun, although it might feel faster on the track.

If all you want is top speed then I would go with a truggy, preferrably an X-ray.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z_Schneider
Actually a test was done on speed and the losi is actually the slowest on the radar gun, although it might feel faster on the track.

If all you want is top speed then I would go with a truggy, preferrably an X-ray.
And what "test" might that be? I read an RTR test in RC Car Action and it said it was the fastest....But such tests are only for noobs.... I have a Losi 8B with C6BB and its VERY quick, but with all the bottom end, I like to keep the 14tooth as it gives me better control in the corners, yet insane speeds during the straight, however now I must be more precise in my breaking when slowing down for the turn, as I lose just a little more reaction time.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Fastest off road??

My opinion, Jammin CRT with a RB 928!!

Those Italians make a great French motor!!

Top speed: ?????? real fast!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Z_Schneider

From which magazine is that test ? Can you forward
to me ?

Can a truggy outbeat a buggy ?? Really ?

What is truggy top speed ?

Also I heard kyosho ST-R is fast and cheap. top speed ?

Any opinion on this car ?

Thx

vic
Old 09-15-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

fastest .21 there is = Picco P7 EVO 2..well one of anyways...... even faster AB modded Picco P7 EVO 2 .

Last edited by Maximo; 09-16-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vic88my
From which magazine is that test ? Can you forward
to me ?

Can a truggy outbeat a buggy ?? Really ?

What is truggy top speed ?

Also I heard kyosho ST-R is fast and cheap. top speed ?

Any opinion on this car ?

Thx

vic
Can a Truggy beat a buggy: Yes.
Truggy top speed: 42-55 mph. Depends on your gearing.
Fastest truggy: XTM Mammoth Truggy. 60mph+ (it has a two speed transmisson)
Kyosho St-R: Good truggy. Speed? Depends on what gear and engine you get. 42-55mph.

To be honest with you, You will not be running wide open on most tracks. Jumps and other obsticles will slow you down. Going really fast means almost loosing control with a off road truggy or buggy.

Good luck with your search!
Old 09-16-2007, 12:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
Can a Truggy beat a buggy: Yes.
Truggy top speed: 42-55 mph. Depends on your gearing.
Fastest truggy: XTM Mammoth Truggy. 60mph+ (it has a two speed transmisson)
Kyosho St-R: Good truggy. Speed? Depends on what gear and engine you get. 42-55mph.

To be honest with you, You will not be running wide open on most tracks. Jumps and other obsticles will slow you down. Going really fast means almost loosing control with a off road truggy or buggy.

Good luck with your search!
XTM Mammoth Truggy? new truggy ? made in where ?
never heard of it. I also heard and read a lot about Traxxas Jato which is over 60mph too. opinion ?

I mostly race it on open space eg asphalt road or car park.

Is buggy has better control over truggy ?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

dont buy xtm... its pure crap
Old 09-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Victor,

Most of the branded items mentioned above are pretty decent. IMHO, a good idea is to go to your LHS to check out what they stock & support. In the course of racing or bashing, there will be some wear & tear & damage. Therefore, one needs to have good local support. The last thing u need is to have to wait weeks for spares.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Miri
Old 09-17-2007, 03:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
RB is from France not Italy
While the RB's are modded/assembled in France, unless things have changed since I was running them, the base engine is manufactured in Italy by Novarossi.

Same with JP engines, all their standard engines are just a modded Novarossi. The OS V-Spec they did a while back was a limited edition run and not part of their regular line up so I don't know if that would count as branching out to a different maker for their base engines or not.

These are not the only two specialty engine houses using Novarossi as their base engine(s) although Serpent and Mugen have both switched from Novarossi to Picco for the engines which fly their respective badges.

Please keep in mind it's been a few years since I've kept up to the minute on the latest engines. I've got a couple of old GB 21's (also modded Novarossi engines) that are still going strong after many, many gallons of fuel so I have not had any need for a new engine for my buggy. I did buy a new GOTech 5 port and 3 port this year and they are excellent examples of an almost direct copy of the basic Novarossi P5. I just don't have the time to put into racing like I used to, so I went with the GO motors because both of them cost about what one new P5X would cost.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Dear experts,

I am Victor from malaysia. I wish to purchase RC off road but have no ideas which one is better.

May I know which is faster ?

May I know what top speed that can be achieved ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Victor Lee
hav u bought any off-road buggy yet dear sir ?
if u want speed don't buy 1/8 off-road buggy,
go buy yourself rc dragster

coz off-road buggy is no just about speed my dear sir,
it's more about control..
Old 09-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Dear experts,

I am Victor from malaysia. I wish to purchase RC off road but have no ideas which one is better.

May I know which is faster ?

May I know what top speed that can be achieved ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Victor Lee
Howdy Victor. For one thing, it would be helpful if you more clearly defined "faster."

There was an offroad shootout in a RCCA dirt special, whereby they pitted a buggy against a truggy and a monster truck. While the buggy registered a top speed of about 39.6mph, the truggy and MT both hit 40mph.

However, when you look at the overall picture, and compare lap times, you see that while the buggy was the (albeit marginally) "slowest" of the three, it would chalk-up lap times that were, on average, about 2 seconds faster than the truggy, and almost 8 seconds per lap faster than the MT. Therefore, it really depends on what you call "faster."

Based on your steadfast preoccupation with top speed, I can tell that you're really new at this: it's the same with handguns. All the newbies want a .50AE Desert Eagle or some other ungodly monstrosity that they can't even control. Don't get too wrapped up in numerical values, get a feel for a machine above all else. Buggies are more precise and require a bit more skill than a truggy or a MT, which tend to be a tad more forgiving because of their big balloon tires, but that's no guarantee that it's more fun to drive.

I would advise you to visit your local circuit and if possible, try each type of vehicle: you may just be surprised at what ends up being more fun.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

true true. i own a buggy and truggy and both are fun to drive i perfer a truggy because they are more forgiving than a buggy but a buggy on its limit will smash the truggy. the truggy is faster for sure but the buggy is more aggile

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.