New Losi Touring Car Spied

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Losi Touring Car Spied

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Could be True You talking about the Worlds here in October?
Old 03-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

losi loyalist here theres pics of the chassis ur talking about it was one of the proto type cars but they never made it for some reasons such as the positions of electronics and such small items that were fixed with the G+ and such even though it is a kool looking proto
Old 03-12-2004, 02:18 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

One thing is for sure. They are working on a gas car. But thatīs another story......
Old 03-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

TC4 at onroad nats time-- believe it!
Old 03-12-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cobra81li200
I think he might be right actually, look this autumn the worlds are going to be held, ae is definately going to come with the prototype (or a pre-release version) of the TC4, Tamiya with the 415 and/or the TB4, yokomo have just released the CGM which is mentionned as being the car for the worlds.

So why wouldn't Losi be working on a new touring car ? Besides, they have released the BK2 and the XXX4 G+, so it's the turn of the touring car to be released. Only thing is that their prototypes usually looks better than their release cars... IMO the XXX-S looks like shit, whereas the prototype was really nice.
Agreed. The prototype was much nicer looking. I'd have much rather had it than the plastic chassis version that was released.

And I'm really hoping he's right. I love my losi, but I'd like a car that has some working droop screws!!
Old 03-12-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

TC4 at onroad nats time-- believe it!
robk - then you'll have to sell the Pro4

just like any other company losi is always one step ahead and working on new projects. look how long it took before this new black belt was released.

one thing is for sure...i'll be selling my TC3 soon.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Do you guys think that Losi or AE will never come out with a new car EVER again? Come on get real....Its a certainty that they both are working on improving the cars if not making all new designs all together. So if this guy saw something then Im sure its out there....and your not going to get a straight answer from the manufacture or a rep b/c they still have a bunch of kits that need to be sold in the mean time. Why would they make it public knowledge that they are coming out with a new kit in 6 months....if they did no one will buy what's still on the shelf and in warehouses.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:39 PM
JRM
Tech Initiate

Default I thought I might have had breaking news...but..

I dropped by Socal today @ lunch to see if they had any of the new losi belts in stock (no :|). Slim said something about a new car that Losi had been testing the last couple of thursdays. The only details he mentioned were that the car was a prototype and that the batteries ran down the center of the car. I thought I had something new and exciting to share and lo and behold there is already a sizable thread here ...figures.

JRM
Old 03-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Good Point About Losi Sales

Now that new info is coming out every hour about the new losi the skepticism is dying down and people are starting to make sense. Of course they don't want to confirm the new car when it is still 6 months away. Losi xxx-s Sales would drop swiftly.

I was very suprised to see losi going away from the bathtub style chasis and going to the flat chasis. Especially when yokomo went to the new bathtub recently and associated and losi have had such success with it.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:49 PM
RCTech Member #2

Default Re: Good Point About Losi Sales

Originally posted by TRESFR
Now that new info is coming out every hour about the new losi the skepticism is dying down and people are starting to make sense. Of course they don't want to confirm the new car when it is still 6 months away. Losi xxx-s Sales would drop swiftly.

I was very suprised to see losi going away from the bathtub style chasis and going to the flat chasis. Especially when yokomo went to the new bathtub recently and associated and losi have had such success with it.
Just remember, that the XXX-S originally started out as a double deck car. It's easier, and cheaper to build the car out of carbon fiber plates than it is to build a mold just for a prototype.

But then again, anything at this point would be pure speculation.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Good Point About Losi Sales

Originally posted by TRESFR
Yokomo have used bath chassis in the past, it's nothing new in there, just a scheduled evolution of the car.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would be willing to be money the final version will still be a molded style chassis.....they certainly aren't going to make a mold just for a prototype. The orginal XX-4 chassis were machined out of magnesium. Also if you look at the orginall xxx-s prototype, it really shares little in the LOOK department with the production version. ...usually prototypes are just working on the drive train, suspension placing, etc....the chassis are often made so stuff can easily be changed for testing....hence carbon figer plates.

I wouldn't doubt a new car in the works....2-3 years is usually the life span of a losi car...

It's also possible in their quest for a gas sedan, they decided to redesign the car to work for both at the same time or at least share some parts.

Later EddieO
Old 03-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

it would be stupid not to think that losi or ae is not coming out with a new car... both are probably testing new prototypes at this moment, there might be new prototypes at the nats, or heavily modified cars... its going to be intresting to see what designs they have came up with, i`m quite sure that ae still has a shaft, and losi still has the belt/belts..

however, i dont think that its a revolution, even if they comes out with new cars, they wont be more than .1 or .2s faster than the TC3 or the XXX-S
Old 03-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

True...cars are so good now...how much faster can you make them. You can change a car but the laws of physics are still the same
Old 03-12-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Man-I just cannot stay away from these threads!! hahaha-Sucker-me!!!

Lets get back to the beginning:
Batteries in the middle!!!

If thats true and it works, that wil be one cool looking car and one exceptionally balanced car. Of course a saddle pack Xray is about perfectly balanced as they come-but saddle packs-yuck.

And now its many-many peoples opinion that have owned the Losi, the TC3 and Xray that the Losi is a great handling car and fast on technical tracks. if they take what they have learned on handling and apply it to a lighter, better balanced car that accelerates faster-Well-TC3 may very well be in trouble. Untill the TC4 of course.

The real acid test to me is if the Hpi Pro4 is money than that tells me that the Tc3's proven drivetrain coupled with a new-more adjustable suspension system called a Tc4 will be even better than it has been the last 5 years!!! I mean-many times to get the max performnace out of the Tc3 youve got to put Losi parts on it....

The one thing thats for sure-Xray, TC3, XXXS are all race winning awesome cars!!! And the 415, pro4 and Mi2 are all new and close behind.

Thank goodness the Worlds are soon-we wont have to wait more than three more months to get our first looks at the new Losi and new AE!!!

Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.