Default RC Pro International Finals in Alvarado, Tx Oct. 26th-30th

Who is going?
Old 10-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Pics of the track???????
Old 10-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Congrats to Denver Houghton for TQ'ing and winning 1/8 Open Truck with VP-Pro USA Turbo Trax Tires. Last year he TQ'd Intermediate Truck with VP-Pro Turbo Trax as well but this year he lapped the field in the A-main to.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by supralative
Pics of the track???????

This should give you an idea.....
Attached Thumbnails RC Pro International Finals in Alvarado, Tx Oct. 26th-30th-grand-canyon.jpg  
Old 10-31-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ROFLMAO! Very true.

I'm happy there was traction this year. A few years ago it was horribly slick...and canyonish as well. But the traction was much appreciated this year. I'm hoping they find a way to pack the track more, or better, so it doesn't turn into a surface as rough as my brother's face during puberty. LOL.

Seriously though, it would be nice to go to finals and actually race against other drivers. This year 99.9% of the race time was just trying to get the cars around in the general direction of the layout. There was just no way we could actually race. It's a long expensive trip to make. If the track isn't enjoyable I can't see us making a return trip.

Most everything is awesome at the finals. Love the venue, love the track layouts, and really enjoy getting to see the people we race against all year long. The dirt at the arena is flat out awesome dirt. There is virtually zero tire wear, LOVE that. The organization is very good as well. Computer issues bite all tracks at some point or another and Carlton dealt with that well in my opinion. But the track condition..........well that just could be a deal breaker unfortunately.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

anyone kno the results??
Old 11-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Show ran very smooth and they stuck pretty close to the schedule, the announcers did a phenomenal job! I think Carlton did a nice job with what he had available to him. There's alot of things to be done for an event like that, especially hard for an old man and his wife....who looked exhausted!
Track did get a bit rough, however we wouldn't have had the event at all if it weren't for Carlton, Mary and staff.
Thanks to the volunteers who helped throughout the week also.
Zero tire wear was nice too!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Wow and Thanks

This was posted on another forum by Carlton, thought I would post here.

Over the years of being in this industry as a track owner, race director/promoter I have seen many things that make me wonder what people are thinking. Although most of those things make me want to kill someone occasionally the community comes together to do something that makes it all worthwhile.

This past week at the International Finals was one of those times that made me glad to be in the industry and be able to call a lot of these people friends.

We had a young racer Kyle Exley fly in from the Northeast for his 1st Finals and simply put nothing went right for him. His tools made it to the arena but his cars apparently fell into a black hole at UPS. Currently his folks have spent way to much money to try and get this problem taken care of with UPS and get his equipment to the event but none of it ever came through. This was brought to my attention Tuesday so I set off trying to see what we could do to help. After talking to a few of the racers we had a truck and e buggy lined up for qualifying. After more talk with UPS he was assured he would have his equipment early the 1st day of qualifying so he opted to wait on it and returned the borrowed equipment. Thanks to James Sublette, Robert LeVaughn, Kelly Hilmer, Thomas Rogers, Mike Battaile and everyone else who donated equipment for that effort.

So the next day we find out that UPS blew it AGAIN! So I called Ron Wall who races for RC Pro Products and Castle Creations to ask if he has a backup E Buggy he could loan Kyle. He didn't but he offered to let Kyle use his buggy in qualifying to see if he could put it into the A with the anticipation of Kyle's own equipment arriving before main day. While we were talking in the booth with Ron and Kyle another of our team guys was on hand and heard what was going on and that Kyle needed a truck for his Intermediate Arena Truck qualifying............ within seconds of hearing this he offered the truck he was running in Pro Arena Truck for Kyle to run in his class. That racer was Ryan Lutz!

In qualifying Kyle wound up in the B main for E Buggy and B main in the Intermediate Arena Truck both of which were scheduled to run on Saturday so hopefully UPS could get his stuff to the arena now.
Saturday morning no equipment......... HMMM big surprise! The phrase "What can Brown do to YOU" was used numerous times over the day after that.

In E Buggy Ron Wall opted to let Kyle run the B Main instead of him and see if he could get it to the A Main. He came close just missing the bump spot.
In Int Arena Truck Kyle ran Ryan's truck again I believe leading for some time and hanging in the bump spot until late in the event before a mechanical issue took him out of the last bump spot.
Although not quite as great as it could have been had he made both A Mains I think most of the weekend was salvaged for Kyle and his Dad. I know they still have the problem finding and getting back their equipment. Kyle should have something to remember for a long time especially the chance to race a top Pro's own truck.
Kyle and his Dad came to me on Saturday and wanted to express their thanks to everyone who played a part in the week.

I personally want to thank everyone that stepped up so quickly to help a fellow racer with a problem. The response simply amazed me.

Thanks to these racers and their sponsors. Please forgive me if I missed a name because it isn't intentional.
James Sublette
Robert LeVaughn
Kelly Hilmer
Mike Battaile
Ron Wall
Ryan Lutz

Carlton Eppes
RC Pro Series
Old 11-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Wow Thats great stuff to read.Great job guys.