Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default M06 body suggestions

If (big if) anyone from Tamiya reads this please can I ask for a DeLorean DMC-12 shell and wheels. Being rear motored it would suit the M06 perfectly. I also agree with the above suggestion, a TR7 shell would be brilliant too.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

RIDE R/C BRZ.

http://www.rc-ride.co.jp/gallery_subaru_brz.php

/topic.

I got one from RC Mart before they sold out.
http://www.rcmart.com/ride-27025-mch...s-p-36597.html
Old 05-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Prayers go to the all mighty Tamiya M06 Body Gods ......... Please make the Nissan Leaf race car......

Last edited by JustWill75; 05-19-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Today was a race day and it was by far my best and most fun day with the M06. There were only 4 cars in the field, an Xray Mini T1, ABC Genetic, M06 and M05.

During the last race, the same M05 and I battled it out. This time I was well a head of him. First heat I placed 3rd and had difficulty catching the awd xray and abc. Second heat I started the grid in first place and held the lead for 3/4 of the race. Eventually the Xray caught up to me and as a result of pressure I went on two wheels on an apex and rolled the car. I ended up in 3rd again. For the final I started out in 3rd and finished in 3rd. With my lead over the M05 being large, I decided t push the car in the corners. I started to notice my the rear end over steering, so I backed off so that I wouldn't over heat the tyres.

I noticed on the back straight I was as fast the the AWD cars, so again the issue is how I can make the car faster in the corners.

The only changed I made from last race was changing to 60 wt oil all around. Camber is -1,0 in back and 0 in front. Running M05 ball diff, tight. Battery is a shorty placed in middle front of the car.

I think for next race, I am going to re-install the rear stabilizers bars. Hopefully that will give me more corner speed.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
Today was a race day and it was by far my best and most fun day with the M06. There were only 4 cars in the field, an Xray Mini T1, ABC Genetic, M06 and M05.

During the last race, the same M05 and I battled it out. This time I was well a head of him. First heat I placed 3rd and had difficulty catching the awd xray and abc. Second heat I started the grid in first place and held the lead for 3/4 of the race. Eventually the Xray caught up to me and as a result of pressure I went on two wheels on an apex and rolled the car. I ended up in 3rd again. For the final I started out in 3rd and finished in 3rd. With my lead over the M05 being large, I decided t push the car in the corners. I started to notice my the rear end over steering, so I backed off so that I wouldn't over heat the tyres.

I noticed on the back straight I was as fast the the AWD cars, so again the issue is how I can make the car faster in the corners.

The only changed I made from last race was changing to 60 wt oil all around. Camber is -1,0 in back and 0 in front. Running M05 ball diff, tight. Battery is a shorty placed in middle front of the car.

I think for next race, I am going to re-install the rear stabilizers bars. Hopefully that will give me more corner speed.
Raman what tires are you running? 60 wt oil might be a bit thick. Does your car roll in the corner? To get the back end planted you can try to take away front traction. Try running the battery all the way forward. Try a lighter oil to let the car roll more.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

I run sweep 40 in front and sweep 33 in rear with pink inserts. Traction compound sxt. I usually apply only 25% of front inner and fully on rear. Yesterday I ended up applying it fully on all four corners.

I know 60 sounds heavy. I got my set up from a racer that did very well on carpet and tarmac. I resisted going this heavy a long time. He kept insisting and I tried it. He recommended 70 in front and 60 in rear! I switched to 60 because the front was bouncy during the last race. The car is very stable with this set up, does not upset easily. Couple of times I went over the island and it continued to hold the line where as in the past I would spin out.

The car has plenty of traction front and rear, in fact I have to be very careful not to traction roll. That's why I was thinking of adding the stabiliser in the rear to keep it more level.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Raman
I run sweep 40 in front and sweep 33 in rear with pink inserts. Traction compound sxt. I usually apply only 25% of front inner and fully on rear. Yesterday I ended up applying it fully on all four corners.

I know 60 sounds heavy. I got my set up from a racer that did very well on carpet and tarmac. I resisted going this heavy a long time. He kept insisting and I tried it. He recommended 70 in front and 60 in rear! I switched to 60 because the front was bouncy during the last race. The car is very stable with this set up, does not upset easily. Couple of times I went over the island and it continued to hold the line where as in the past I would spin out.

The car has plenty of traction front and rear, in fact I have to be very careful not to traction roll. That's why I was thinking of adding the stabiliser in the rear to keep it more level.
In that case try adding 1mm of hex spacer all around first. This should help with traction roll. If his setup calls for 70/60 and you went down to 60 in the front, it might be best to go down to 50 in the rear.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

The Trac I race on is 70'x48' bumpy carpet track with medium - hight traction. What is a good staring setup for a silver can M06 with a shorty battery. I'm using the TRF mini shocks if that helps........
Old 05-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by v_squared
In that case try adding 1mm of hex spacer all around first. This should help with traction roll. If his setup calls for 70/60 and you went down to 60 in the front, it might be best to go down to 50 in the rear.
Thanks, I will give the 1 mm hex a shot, had not heard of that approach to reduce traction roll.

@ JustWill: I run on tarmac only.. hopefully someone else with carpet experience will chime in
Old 05-21-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JustWill75
The Trac I race on is 70'x48' bumpy carpet track with medium - hight traction. What is a good staring setup for a silver can M06 with a shorty battery. I'm using the TRF mini shocks if that helps........
For starting setup we run s-grip in the back and a-grip or kit tires in the front. Sauce full front if you use the hard kit tires int he the front. Start with 40w front and 50w rear for shock oil using piston 3 all around. If your track is high bite try blue spring rear and yellow spring front. If it bounces too much go 5w lighter in oil. Shocks in middle hole on the tower. Put one black o-ring inside the front shock to limit droop. No o-ring is needed for the rear shock. From here on it is fine adjustments.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

I forgot to mention we using sweep 33 on our track. Do most of you use sway bars.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

not on a m06 but here is the ride shell that was posted up before.

Such a nice shell and heaps of down-force on it. Recommend any one to buy it.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

I forgot to mention we using sweep 33 on our track. Do most of you use sway bars.
Sweeps are great tyres, that's what I use as well. I have not yet raced with sway bars, I'm going to try next race, only with rear ones though
Old 05-26-2013, 12:37 AM
Tech Rookie

I use sweeps and have done for a good few years currently using 40 though due to the grip levels being very high at the end of the nights racing i cant knock there performance and i wait to see how long the rears last as i tend to wear 25 out in about 4 weeks

I used sway bars (Anti roll bars for the uk) for the first time this week and to be fair found them a massive help with low speed corning which supprised me.

I am still playing with setting but as soon as i have got it right i will post my setup for you
Old 05-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by minivtec
I use sweeps and have done for a good few years currently using 40 though due to the grip levels being very high at the end of the nights racing i cant knock there performance and i wait to see how long the rears last as i tend to wear 25 out in about 4 weeks

I used sway bars (Anti roll bars for the uk) for the first time this week and to be fair found them a massive help with low speed corning which supprised me.

I am still playing with setting but as soon as i have got it right i will post my setup for you
Thanx, any help is greatly appreciated.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.