Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parma PSE Foam Tires are here!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by NVisible
do these fit on the Xray hubs, and does the stock washer fit?
yes they do, and they fit better than the jacos.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't know if they fit better than the JACOs, but I know Ralph Burch and Josh Cyrul had no problems with their JACOs fitting as they won the Snowbirds, ROAR Nats, Cleveland, and the Novak race with them.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Its no secret anymore that Cyan and Magenta sedan tires are faster in low or high bite. But they do wear faster. What I have been doing and like to offer as a tip is during practice nights or practice in general is run Plaids and Purples. They are a snick slower than Cyan and Magenta on the clock-but they dont wear down as fast. Also-a fast set-up on plaids and purples will 9 times out of 10 be quicker-no set-up changes required when you switch to Cyan and Magenta.

This saves your race sets of tires and you save on your pocket book. For me anyways.

Ray
Old 02-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Default Parma's are great!

I've been running Parma's for about 2 weeks now. They are simply awesome. The wear is excellent and the foam does not seperate from the rim as the Jaco's did. I will be running Parma's from now on.

Thanks!!
Old 02-07-2005, 12:45 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I love the Parma tires... just wish I could find some magentas... KT and speedtech are all out!
Old 02-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Regional Moderator

I've been running parma's for almost 2 months now. They work great but I have one major problem with them.

For those of us that hit the boards from time to time the rims leave a lot to be desired. I've broken the center right out of one pair and had two others shattered when I caught a board.

They are still my tire of choice for big races but are too expensive to run regularly when the rims keep breaking. If Parma could develope a more impact resistant rim these tires would be perfect.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

UnderDaHill

I've been running parma's for almost 2 months now. They work great but I have one major problem with them.

For those of us that hit the boards from time to time the rims leave a lot to be desired. I've broken the center right out of one pair and had two others shattered when I caught a board.

They are still my tire of choice for big races but are too expensive to run regularly when the rims keep breaking. If Parma could develope a more impact resistant rim these tires would be perfect.
Phew! I thought I was the only one -- I have to agree I believe the tires are great but the rims are just too weak to handle any abuse. I agree I will stick to Jaco for weekly meets and Parma for bigger races. I have not had any shatter but maybe I was not trying hard enough. The two most recent breaks I have one rim that cracked on the inside at the 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock position and another at 9, 12, 3 and 6 o'clock. I have repaired them with CA and still use them for practice because they are too expensive to just throw away
Old 02-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Default Im amazed..

to see that people are having problems with the rims. I used to go through a pair Jaco's every 2-3 weeks. This was due to the rim cracking and being beyond repair. With Parma's, I have yet to crack or even chunk the tires and I do hit the board occasionally. At my local track, I know a few people that tried Parma and ended up cracking the rims. I know with Jaco, you can send in the rim and they'll replace it and im pretty sure Parma would the same.

Btw, where are you guys buying the foams from? I know KT Hobbies always has some nice deals but I got a bunch from All-Star Hobbies. (13.99) pr. There is a simple solution to not crack the rims, and its Dont Crash!!

--Paul
Old 02-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm curious.... why would you run Parma's at the big races and JACO's at the weekly races? JACO won 5 out of 6 classes at Cleveland (the sixth was not even won by Parma), and just about every major race this year. I think that makes it a pretty good "big race" tire.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Not to mention-Jaco, TRC and Parma tires-though all foam on a plastic rim-all handle differently frm each other. Enough that even a moderately skiled driver can tell the difference.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Im going with parma I ran jaco's & the rim is to fragile & wear down to quickly
Im out of parma & almost everyone is out of stock Im hearing great things about speedmind hybird tires.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I love the Parmas Great wear,great bite and never had a rim problem
Old 02-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Jack: how ya been....?
Tell Danny to dress those matchers up some more
Still keeping Korgae up north I see...

Out of all the current crop of tire/wheels.

I have seen much less chunk/breakage with Parma's localy....

However, Jaco's still out number every other tire at the track....

On a side note, it will be interesting to see what happens at the birds.....

Between...

Parma, Jaco, TRC, BSR, T.M, Murdock & RC4Less!
Old 02-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

edited by joneser

Last edited by Joneser; 02-07-2005 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:33 AM
Regional Moderator

I ran TRC foams before I ran Parma. The people at our track that run Jaco have the same rim breakage problem that they have with the Parma's. I believe the white plastic rims are just harder plastic and can break a bit easier.

I think TRC uses a nylon wheel that is much less likely to break. Although they seem to chunk more easily and don't have the same traction that I have (in my OPINION) been getting from the Parma tires.

I like Parma the most out of the two types of foams I have used. That's my opinion. But since they break more easily than TRC's (in my experience) I will stick with TRC for the less important races and dig out the Parma tires for the big races.

I'm curious.... why would you run Parma's at the big races and JACO's at the weekly races? JACO won 5 out of 6 classes at Cleveland (the sixth was not even won by Parma), and just about every major race this year. I think that makes it a pretty good "big race" tire.
I didn't say it was not a good "big race" tires. I actually have not even tried JACO tire. I'm just saying that I like Parma tires but will use something more durable for club racing because the Parma tires break more easily than the other tires I have used. But the CRC tires do not have a good record at our track either. I see one or more CRC/Parma rim get broken every time I'm at the track. I have yet to see somebody break a TRC rim. I've seen some pretty impressive chunks though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.