Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 01-22-2018, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looking forward to seeing more info/details on the ECC this year (I know it's early still, but I need to make work arrangements)

Did I read correctly from Todd's previous post that there is practice on Friday?

Thanks guys!
Old 01-22-2018, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

I'm going to be two classing it at the Hangar until the end of the season....going to fight to keep my points lead in Novice while learning to drive me Tamiya F104 Pro F1 car and then finding the pace in Scale Spec.
Dave Hawley likes this.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Chad. I wrote Friday. That was my mistake. The ECC is Saturday night and Sunday this year. No Friday, or Saturday day track time at all.

I guess this is my prompt to get the ECC thread posted!
Old 01-25-2018, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, anyone know if Jerry Boyle is around here?
Old 01-26-2018, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Todd, does the club still have Jaco tires for sale?
Old 01-26-2018, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I haven't taken a hand count personally, but we should have plenty of Jaco Blues in stock still
Old 01-26-2018, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nortran11
Hey guys, anyone know if Jerry Boyle is around here?

His RCtech user name is boylermaker
Old 01-26-2018, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Cool, I need a set tomorrow
Old 01-26-2018, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

There was a good amount left as of Wednesday.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins sr
Todd, does the club still have Jaco tires for sale?
Yes sir, plenty on hand
Old 01-26-2018, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default Scale Spec Motors

A friendly reminder that all cars in Scale Spec must be running either a current ROAR-approved 25.5 brushless motor or a 540-J silvercan.

In Scale Spec, we will not be allowing development motors in official qualifiers or races. Feel free to practice with experimental motors; I will be happy to print lap times. But, once the racing starts, the motor in the car must be current with ROAR.
R3VoLuTiOn likes this.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 9 Results

Jesse delivers another great race report, and you guys delivered another great night of racing. Never a dull moment at the Hangar, thanks to everyone who has come out this season. After a loooooong break, we reconvene on the 21st for three more races to close out the H30 season. I hope to see a bunch of you guys there!

We once again were treated to a solid field of novice drivers, as has been the case at each round so far. Paul Nortness was rocking an F1, and also brought a new racer along in Brendan Kai. The ageless wonder Gary Bennett was put up a valiant effort, but Ken Christiansen simply drove like a mad man all night long and swept the evening's activities. Gary would take second on the night, with Brendan taking the final podium position. Fine racing, fellas!

SCALE SPEC:

With the club mechanic Mike Boyle sitting out Scale spec for the night, it would come down to a two-horse battle between Chris Perry and Kyle Bradshaw for Wednesday bragging rights. Kyle's newfound love for maintenance meant a more sorted car throughout the night and personal-best times, but that meant little to Chris, as the elder Perry would take a TQ and the A-Main win. Bradshaw would have an up and down Main, but would recover nicely and finish just 4 seconds back in second, with Jerry Boyle rounding out the podium.

STOCK TOURING:

The "Small Block' crowd was out in full force Wednesday, as Mike Boyle, Jeff Johnson and myself broke out the 21.5's to mix it up with the rest of the 17.5 machines. Travis Schreven put on a show in qualifying, easily taking TQ by nearly 2 laps. Mike Boyle would qualify a solid third, and after yet another "Loctite" incident, I would right the ship in Q2 and qualify third. With Mike sitting out the Main, Travis had a clear getaway with myself fighting to stave off a ballistic Stuart Mason and a 5-car freight train behind me. With Stuart struggling with traction issues and "Peeler" pulling off with a mechanical, I inherited a comfortable lead that I would keep to the final tone. "Mini" Mason would take second with a pit maneuver for the ages at the finish line, with Alvin Nucum rounding out the podium.

STOCK 12th:

What Stuart lacked in Stock Touring, he more than made up for in Stock 12th scale. With Brian Bodine enjoying a swanky European vacation, a clean sweep of the evening's activities including the TQ and A-Main were served up "Mini style", with father Todd taking a well-deserved second, and George Strichen rounding out the podium with a solid drive of his own. While Stuart is at the top of the mountain currently, Todd, George and Kelsey have each been making steady strides all season long. Will we see a new challenger to the crown in the near future? Time will tell, but if Young Mason has any say, it might be later rather than sooner. Stay tuned!

Another fine night of Hangar shenanigans is in the books, and after a month break, we'll be back at it on February 21st for the stretch run of the indoor season. In the meantime, we have another Saturday extravaganza in store for this weekend, as well as opportunities to race at NORA and our friends down south with Rose City. Get out and go racing! What's the alternative.... watching it rain all day?

Results posted below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Round 1.pdf (668.7 KB, 74 views)
Round 2.pdf (675.6 KB, 69 views)
Mains.pdf (525.9 KB, 102 views)
Old 01-27-2018, 12:28 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hey Travis
I lost your cell number..I will be there to pick up the BD7 at CC..Thanks
-Franko-
Old 01-28-2018, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Despite a fierce blow throughout the day knocking down branches and taking out power in various locations, racers braved the wild weather and gathered for festivities at the Magnuson Park community center. Historically, even during that run of huge turnouts a few years back, we experience a lull this time of year. We have been going hard for several months, and with holiday spending turning to new year thrift, the guys understandably take a little break. But, with 50 entries across eight solid heats, including a big Stock TC turnout, I would say we are maintaining good momentum through the winter season. If you are wondering, will they race? The answer is an affirmative yes!

This club has used RC Scoring Pro from the beginning, and it has served us well. Despite a few hiccups with the new version earlier this year, and a balky computer which had naught to do with the software, the program is being dialed in with frequent updates, and its potential is beginning to emerge. One of the neat features is the online race results that graphs laps and track positions.

Have a look at the excellent Mod TC main: RC Scoring Pro | Modified Touring (A Main) January 27th 2018 | Seattle RC Racers One can reconstruct the race just by looking at the graph. Jeff and Sam took advantage of their grid positions and got off to clean starts. That's called taking care of business. Further down, you can track how Weylin, Andrew, Stuart, and Shay all battled for their midfield positions. In particular, look how Stuart's and Shay's lines track early, and then Weylin's converges, crosses Stuart's, and then traces almost exactly with Shay's for the last ten laps. That indicates those two were in a dogfight in the closing minutes, which, since I was there calling it, I can confirm was an all-in battle between the two long-time friends and rivals.

Or Stock TC: RC Scoring Pro | Stock Touring (A Main) January 27th 2018 | Seattle RC Racers I am amused particularly by the triple hump of Jesse's graph. One has to wonder what exactly was going on there? Was he overcome by a palsy, or an itch on his nose? I will tell you that his small block 21.5 Stock TC was handling the 17.5 heat throughout the evening. He has sported the 21.5 at H30 the past few several outings, and there it has been nearly on par with the 17.5s. I thought the 21.5 would be overwhelmed on the larger gym track with its wider lanes and carousels that favor a more powerful motor. But, he was clearly holding station in the middle of the A sort on a big night for the class. Alvin is looking good with his up to date X-Ray ride clearly treating him well.

Here is the link to all of the Saturday night races: RC Scoring Pro | Saturday Club Race January 27th 2018 Results | Seattle RC Racers It represents an accurate and revealing account of the night's contests, through qualifying and the mains.

We're back in the gym on February 10, two weeks from now, and the hangar on the 21st. In the meantime, racing continues elsewhere, at NORA, Rose City, and Overgeared. So, if you get the itch, scratch it!

Results attached.
Attached Files
Q1 27Jan2018.pdf (301.0 KB, 66 views)
Q2 27Jan2018.pdf (308.0 KB, 81 views)
Mains 27Jan2018.pdf (287.9 KB, 97 views)
Old 01-29-2018, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

God knows what was going on there!

It was pretty fun racing on a Saturday again, I'll have to play good husband and see if I can pick up another hall pass.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.