Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 12-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by malkiy
Thanks that is a great link, however; I was looking for something from a local ninja.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I basically run the Henrik Heitsch (zee german) IIC vegas setup. That will get you 99% there. Maybe just different rear spring for driving style/class.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by A_Cartwright
I basically run the Henrik Heitsch (zee german) IIC vegas setup. That will get you 99% there. Maybe just different rear spring for driving style/class.
is this the spring that you run up front then?

SMJ Speed Master Japan Silver Line Spring TS Progressive Set Short 3Pairs #SMJ1026,

And is there a difference between the R11 Yellow and Silver springs if they are both listed as 0.30g?

ARC

ARC
Old 12-13-2017, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lence
is this the spring that you run up front then?

SMJ Speed Master Japan Silver Line Spring TS Progressive Set Short 3Pairs #SMJ1026,

And is there a difference between the R11 Yellow and Silver springs if they are both listed as 0.30g?

ARC

ARC
Correct, those are the SMJ sets for progressives. That will include the red that a lot of people use. They also make a linear set that is also good, especially for the money.

First link is actually a R10 yellow which is different than the R11 yellow (look at part #). Yes, SMJ silver is the R11 yellow.
R10 yellow is really stiff

I'll be there tonight if you want clarification or want to try something
Old 12-13-2017, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

R11 Red = SMJ Pink
R11 Yellow = SMJ Silver
R11 Green = SMJ Blue

Springs with an R10 part number are NOT SMJ springs. They are a much older spring from the R10 2013.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Springs springs springs springs springs springs springs , so many springs ;-)
Old 12-13-2017, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Bumps bumps bumps bumps....
Old 12-15-2017, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 7 Results

As always, thanks to Jesse from The Racer Underground for the Race Report!

Good company, questionable pit banter, and talent. All of these sum up Wednesday club racing at Hangar 30. We are now officially halfway through the '17-'18 indoor season (already?!), and the racing just keeps getting better and more rad each time out. It might be because of the amazing core of racers that show up every two weeks and battle mid-week traffic to play with toy cars, or it might be because of a certain rainbow fanny pack on a certain bald-headed track ninja. Hell, it could be both. Club racing is kickass, badass fun.
On to the results!

Novice:
Novice has been a solid 3-car-plus field all season long, with Gary Bennett playing the class king, and Paul Nortness playing the upstart foe, aiming to de-throne the old stalwart. For the better part of 5 rounds, Paul has found it tough sledding against the ageless wonder, but for round 6, all came together for Nortness, as he put together a perfect night; TQ and A main win. Well done sir! Gary would take second on the night, with young Ryan Yasuda having a few issues and was unable to make the main. Word has it Paul is eying a step up to the Scale Spec class in the near future, best of luck!

Scale Spec:
The club's "sportsman" class has been anything-but this season, with local fast guys Donny Banks and Mike Boyle swapping TQ honors and upping the ante with each heat. Behind the two usuals are a swarm of competitors eager to stake their claim within the class's hierarchy. Mike would pip Donny for TQ honors on the night, but both would sit out the Main, leaving an eight-car scrap for 5 points and the top step on the podium. After a fairly eventful start, Kyle Bradshaw would weave his way through the field toward the front in the waning minutes. As then-leader Chris Perry's car slowed with issues on the last lap, Kyle made up ground quickly and sent it into the final sweeper, forcing his way through with a beautiful pass for the win. Judging by the reaction, it was the pass of the night. Final order was Kyle, Chris, and Jerry Boyle rounding out the top three. Well done fellas!

Stock Touring:
One look at the heat sheet is all you need to realize the depth of competition for a Wednesday club race. We are blessed as a club to have this ridiculous level of talent show up for some rad racing on the rug on a club night. Cartwright, Schreven, Mason, Danilchik, Banks.... Find me a more competitive and talented touring car field in the country on a Wednesday night.... You won't find one. Andrew would wax the field yet again in qualifying, but the Main would tighten up significantly, as Travis and Stuart would have a brilliant battle for second. As Andrew crossed the line for the win, Stuart would pip Travis by a paltry 6-tenths of a second to take second, with Travis rounding out the podium. While Andrew would have the last laugh on the night, Stuart has put the field on notice. The Mini-Mason isn't playing around, and it won't be long before we ALL will be chasing the pint-sized phenom.

Stock 12th:
12th scale has been a model for clean consistency throughout the first half of the season. On Wednesday however, the racers seemed to take a page out of the "Scale Spec handbook of door-rubbing". Things got physical and exciting from beginning to end. With Stuart's current success with touring cars, one might assume that his 12th scale program might suffer. and that couldn't be further from the truth. "Mini" would make quick work of the field in qualifying, and the start of the main was more of the same. It became apparent that this was going to be a race for second, until it wasn't. Stuart would experience issues weaving through traffic, and would soon retire with a tough-luck mechanical. That would leave an all-out battle between Todd Mason and Brian Bodine for the win. Just as Scale Spec, the race would come down to a last-corner attempt, only this time, Todd would hold off the charge by Brian to take a hard-fought win. Kelsey Myoshi had a race worth noting, having a fine drive to finish 3rd on the night. Good racing!

We're back at it for our "Post-Christmas" extravaganza on the 27th. Bring the cars out for some holiday vacation fun! In the meantime, head on down to the Community Center this Saturday for a fresh track build at 2:00, and racing at 7:00. Get after it and Happy Holidays, kids!

Results posted below, have a great holiday break and I hope to see TONS of you at H30 on the 27th.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Round 1.pdf (780.8 KB, 59 views)
Round 2.pdf (788.3 KB, 50 views)
Mains.pdf (519.5 KB, 77 views)
Old 12-15-2017, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A_Cartwright
+1 on Zee German. I pitted next to him at IIC, and the dude is a helluva wheel. Aside from losing his 1.5mm wrench and borrowing mine about 15,000 times, I really can't say a bad thing about him or his RC setup + racecraft. I will, however, warn you that he pushes alcohol on people and coerces them to make bad decisions until the wee hours of the morning. Or so I have heard.
Old 12-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Wednesday nights

Hey guys, there is finally a crack in the schedule and I can come down for some good times and great racing on the 27th
Unfortunately my wife’s Avon deliver schedule and your Wednesday night racing seem to always clash.

But as usual if you want me to bring anything please order on the site or pm me on facebook

Also has there been a mode class of late at hanger 30 or should I prep a stock touring car?
cementsurfer86 likes this.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlexPate
Hey guys, there is finally a crack in the schedule and I can come down for some good times and great racing on the 27th
Unfortunately my wife’s Avon deliver schedule and your Wednesday night racing seem to always clash.

But as usual if you want me to bring anything please order on the site or pm me on facebook

Also has there been a mode class of late at hanger 30 or should I prep a stock touring car?
Hey Alex,

Yes, prep a Stock TC for Wednesday.
(Just stock TC, stock 12th, and scale spec on Wednesdays.) Will be good to see you!

Jake
Old 12-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Fellas, got a new post up for those that read it.
https://theracerunderground.blogspot...ix-things.html

On a side note, I thought it'd be cool to do a Toys for Tots race next season. I've seen several clubs that do these, and bring in a good haul around the holidays. Some clubs even make a big race out of it. Just spitballing, but I thought it'd be something cool for the club to do.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 16Dec2017 Race Report

Once per year we rebuild our tracks. It's a process that takes several hours and is always stressful and tiring. But, it's worth it to change up the look of the track, and we also see to maintenance on hardware we have invariably deferred to some more convenient time that never seems to arrive. This time out we also replaced the sonotubes we use for rolling up the carpet. We have to thank Jeff J. for retrieving five new tubes from Atlas and taking away the old ones.

The new track is a Korey Harbke joint. He brought the concept, and with an assist from Kody to fine tune it, we put together a flowing, racy layout. We've gone away from a traditional straight-sweeper to a straight that cuts back hard to a large carousel. I can't speak for the touring cars, but a 1/12th Stock car can negotiate the end of the straight with just a blip off throttle and then carve the carousel at full throttle all the way to a cutback that begins the short front straight. The front straight then features a hard right hand dart through a double apex chicane that rewards perfect timing and punishes turning in early. It is somewhat reminiscent of the death chicane from the infamous diagonal straight layout from a couple years ago, the one I personally referred to as “The Scream.” Fortunately, the current version is not nearly as treacherous, and the consequences for mistakes not remotely as dire. But, it does preserve an element of risk.

Once the program began, we had 40 entries with all classes present and correct to start laying down a groove. Since I could not help myself, I went ahead and asked during the drivers meeting whether it should be two or three qual night, and many hands went up for three. It made for a hard charging night on top of a long day, but I'll say we got in our laps! Since I run 1/12th scale classes, my time total worked out to 64 minutes of racing, verging on too much of a good thing, if I am being completely candid. I was pretty shot at the end of it all.

We're taking an extended break from the community center; we will return on January 13. Between then and now, we are racing twice at Hangar 30, and many of us are going to the IROCC round of WCICS up in Sydney, BC. Also, there is racing at NORA, Rose City, and Overgeared in the coming weeks.

With so many of you working harder and longer hours than ever, and with no one's commute getting easier, it can seem like forces conspire to keep us away from the track. In this present age, it's more than half the battle to simply show up! But show up you do, night after night. So, thank you for the extra effort yesterday, it was a big ask, and you came through. Finally, Merry Christmas, and may the season shine down peaceful and luminous on you and your families and friends.

Results attached.
Attached Files
Q1 16Dec2017.pdf (263.9 KB, 56 views)
Q2 16Dec2017.pdf (268.3 KB, 61 views)
Q3 16Dec2017.pdf (265.4 KB, 66 views)
Mains 16Dec2017.pdf (235.2 KB, 98 views)
Old 12-17-2017, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ta da......
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-img_3729.jpg  
T-Hawk likes this.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 12/23 NORA Ugly Sweater and Potluck race

Looking for a place to turn some laps and have a little holiday fun this Saturday before the Holiday???

Saturday Dec 23rd. Come out and race OnRoad at NORA for this weeks club race. This Saturday we will have a potluck and have a little ugly sweater fun. Bring your favorite potluck dish to share and for those who want to wear your holiday ugly sweaters we will have a prize for the racer who has the best one... We will run 3 heats and main (No Lunch Break this weekend). F1 cars and Euro Trucks will have 10 minute mains. Doors Open at 9am and racing begins at 11:15am. This is a normal club event, Normal points awarded and normal club rates apply. Potluck and Ugly sweaters are encouraged but not mandatory to race.

We are located at the Skagit County Fairgrounds (Building F) in Mt Vernon, WA. Use the south gate Entrance on Taylor Street.

Please Share this post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.