Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redbones
Is that what the extra holes by the suspension mounts are for?
Yeah.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bl4
Thks Bro! Can this be use for ver.2 53871 48mm lightweight rear swing shafts(blue)?
I think the 48mm drive shafts might be too long because the Ver.II comes with the short arms, so it would be better to go for the 46mm drive shafts.

51092 - 46mm Swing Shaft (front)
53742 - 46mm Swing Shaft - Lightweight (rear)
Old 07-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Skitee
I think the 48mm drive shafts might be too long because the Ver.II comes with the short arms, so it would be better to go for the 46mm drive shafts.

51092 - 46mm Swing Shaft (front)
53742 - 46mm Swing Shaft - Lightweight (rear)
Agreed, the v.2 manual specifies the 46mm dogbones(which I've already installed on mine), & they look like that's about as long as will fit in there right now. As for the car itself, I'm back from my first day testing it, & I have to say, I'm VERY pleased. There are a few things I'll want to add still, but considering I ran it today with the plastic diffs all around & no sway bars(I have some, but they're on another car which I forgot to bring), I was quite impressed with how it handled. Here's a few pics of it, including one I took to show how tight the space for the ESC is. Next thing I'll want to do is add a front one-way, the sway bars & some aluminum diff halves for the rear.....
Attached Thumbnails TA-05 ver.2-ta05v.2_gtr.jpg.jpg   TA-05 ver.2-ta05v.2chassis1.jpg.jpg   TA-05 ver.2-ta05v.2esc.jpg.jpg  
Old 07-26-2009, 02:21 AM
bl4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Agreed, the v.2 manual specifies the 46mm dogbones(which I've already installed on mine), & they look like that's about as long as will fit in there right now. As for the car itself, I'm back from my first day testing it, & I have to say, I'm VERY pleased. There are a few things I'll want to add still, but considering I ran it today with the plastic diffs all around & no sway bars(I have some, but they're on another car which I forgot to bring), I was quite impressed with how it handled. Here's a few pics of it, including one I took to show how tight the space for the ESC is. Next thing I'll want to do is add a front one-way, the sway bars & some aluminum diff halves for the rear.....
Can we use 53724 for front & rear?
Old 07-26-2009, 03:26 AM
Tech Addict

Very nice it really looks good just a question on the ESC space, is the space smaller ? I thought it may have slightly more space because the new chassis doesn't have that strange cut in at the bottom right hand corner like the original chassis had.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bl4
Can we use 53724 for front & rear?
You can use them at the front but they are likely to bend in a crash.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:48 AM
bl4
Tech Addict

OIC thks for all the info!
Old 07-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Nice job ob the body too. I like the paint scheme.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Very nice it really looks good just a question on the ESC space, is the space smaller ? I thought it may have slightly more space because the new chassis doesn't have that strange cut in at the bottom right hand corner like the original chassis had.
Yes, the space IS tighter, I couldn't quite get the GTB to sit totally flush, though I think it's low enough & secure enough to be ok, but I can't see anything bigger fitting at all...
Old 07-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

I agree, they should work, but if you use a spool or one-way up front then I'd expect them to bend or break pretty easily...
Old 07-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Yes, the space IS tighter, I couldn't quite get the GTB to sit totally flush, though I think it's low enough & secure enough to be ok, but I can't see anything bigger fitting at all...
Please can I ask you to measure the length and width of the ESC area in the chassis?
Old 07-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Please can I ask you to measure the length and width of the ESC area in the chassis?
Well, it's not so easy to do with the ESC Shoe-Goo'ed down, but I gave it a try & it looks to be about 37mm by 47mm(but I'm not sure if that includes a ridge that's in there that separates the ESC area from the motor's area)...
Old 07-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

I just finished building my chassis (short of electronics, that has to wait till the first of the month)...photoblogged it on my site (see signature), if you're curious. My first time building an on-road kit. Tamiya does a great job, just wish they'd be as helpful as other manufacturers in bagging steps together, etc...

So Grizzbob, what pinion are you running with a 17.5 motor, on this? I'm new to both belt drive train and 4wd!

Last edited by kdeselms; 07-27-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:10 AM
bl4
Tech Addict

The stock pinion 20T gear is for acceleration or isit better for high end? Pls adverise thks!
Old 08-01-2009, 04:51 AM
Tech Addict

The Tamiya pinions come in sizes from 16 to 25 teeth, so the 20 tooth pinion in the kit should give you a good balance of acceleration and top speed depending on the motor you're going to use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.