Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree14Likes

Tamiya Truck Racing Australia

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

Default 2019 Kick Off

Logan was the 1st onroad club in SEQ have some Truck racing this year. The Bayside boys dominated the podium in the 6 car field. Both trucks supplied by Speedy RC. An original Hahn and a new BuggyRa. Bearings only in the BuggyRa. Plus alloy prop in the Hahn. Both ran the hard round case 4200mah Zombie also supplied by Speedy. The Hahn (which I lent to Steve Evans) has a good deal of racing including qualifying 2nd at the Qld titles in 2018 and was totally sorted and easy to drive he said. That truck TQ’d and won the night. The BuggyRa finished just 2 hours before start time ran a 3rd place for the night. Those 95 odd stickers took a few hours to cut out. It was a little more twitchy to drive and a few more hand control tweaks should see it settle down a bit.
Had a great night at Logan

cheers Brendan

Last edited by rcmechdad50; 01-06-2019 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Default Bayside Cup with Trucks Included

For the 1st time Trucks raced as part of the format at the Bayside Cup held on Australia day. A great turnout all round and 8 trucks turned out to Race. 3 heats and 3 heads up races. Visiting NSW driver Aaron Smith TQ'd. Local Regular Ollie Olsen claimed the win with Cheyne Booth 2nd and Steve Evans 3rd. equipment failure (transponder) robbed me of a win. in the 3rd race, buts that's how it is. So much fun is the truck racing that Ollie is reported to have turned up at Speedy RC to buy another truck for Josh. More the better. With Molly Taynton set to debut her truck shortly we will start to see some big fields.

8 minute finals really make for some good racing with distinct groups. front runners really close, a pack of mid fielders jostling and the the rear of the field. All running the same vehicle, all with the chance to podium. Great racing Bayside.

Cheers Brendan .

P.S you have 8 days to get a truck to join the fun at the next race meet on the 9th of Feb.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That does look like fun
Old 02-09-2019, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

Default Round 1 Summer Series at Bayside

6 trucks including Josh Olsen's brand newy with the flame orange paint. On debut Josh showed that a new truck is just as quick as an older truck with a competent driver at the helm. Taking out one of the 3 main races & .56 of a second behind on fastest lap. The usual chaos at the start saw the Bosch truck head to the front pretty much out of trouble in the 1st main, 2nd main got a little tangled in the 1st hairpin but still manage the podium The old Bosch truck is loose and is visibly quicker down the back straight. #rd main the truck was driven by Adrian Field. Everyone who drives it says its so easy to drive.
Great night of truck racing and a few tips and tricks were shared.
Time now to go and give Logan a shake up.

Cheers Brendan
Old 02-16-2019, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Default Logan Truck Racing Saturday Night

A healthy field of 14 Tamiya Trucks with 2 Buggra's in the mix, a couple of brand new trucks with newbie drivers, and I borrowed Truck. Cheyne Booth was the star performer last night with Mick Sherman (SPEEDYRC), in the borrowed truck, surprising himself how competitive the class is. With a borrowed truck and hand control, Mick quickly came to grips with how his borrowed machine worked and was nipping at the heals of Cheyne in the 2nd heat after a quick motor clean out. Mick even led by 2 seconds in the first final until the servo horn screw fell out. He's hooked. Expect to see a SpeedyRC owned truck at your local track soon. Top Close racing. Terrific fun.

Logan is reminding everyone that the basic rules in place are there to keep the class as close as possible

1. Legal kits: Item 58632 RC Team Hahn Racing MAN TGS (TT-01 type E chassis) & Item 58642 RC Team Reinert Racing MAN TGS (TT-01 type E chassis) Buggyra Racing Fat Fox EP Car Kit w/ Motor ESC #58661

2. The kit must be built exactly per the instruction manual.

3. The ONLY Hop-Up Options are

Ball bearings (any type/brand)

Alloy Prop Shaft set #54026

Alloy Prop Shaft part #53620

4. Must use stock size pinion and spur gear must be 61t spur/19t pinion

5. The kit Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC and kit supplied motor (item 54358 RS-540 Torque-

Tuned Motor) must be used. Battery connector may be changed to DEANS or other type. Motor Bullet connectors may not be removed.

6. All body parts must be used Includes Mirrors

7. Body may be painted in any scheme.

8. Must use kit tires and wheels. NO tire treatment allowed.

9. Any grease or lube may be used to lubricate gears or moving parts.

10. Batteries: Any hard round-case 2S LiPo battery or Nimh (6 cells)

may be used for this class. ( No removing battery ribs for square batteries)

11. as per all rc classes Reverse is not allowed and should be disabled.

The laughing on the drivers stand generated by the drivers is great to be a part of. This is how all our racing should be. FUN.

Cheers Brendan
G4ZZ4 and nivag71 like this.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Default New truck Debut

There is a new truck that will surface around the tracks in the next week or so. Owner is hooked on the closeness of the racing. No it’s not mine but you’ll all see soon enough who owns it
Old 02-23-2019, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Default Round 2 Summer Series at Bayside

6 trucks took to the track with Josh & Brendan both taking a heat each. We decided to have 3 different starting lineup in the 3 finals. A lemans start first, then a heads up Moto Cross start, and for the last a reverse grid nose to tail start. What a hoot. All the trucks finished in one piece. The criss crossing, ducking and weaving, these things are so much fun. The laughter is infectious and was even noted to be catching on in the other classes. The wind gusts were making it a little tricky driving into a headwind. However the trucks have never been faster down the back straight with the big hole in the cab acting like a mainsail

Great fun See you again in a fortnight
nivag71 likes this.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Default Saturday Night Racing at Logan

Despite being cut short by the rain, 13 trucks turned up to race at Logan on Saturday Night including the debut of our Local RC supporter Michael Sherman of Speedy RC. A TQ on Debut shows that Mick hasn't lost touch and could be a podium contender next weekend at Tamworth in the Tamworth Cup. With 10 Trucks already entered, its the largest class.
You can rest assured the bright orange SpeedyRC truck will be a contender at your track in the very near future. Sporting SpeedyRC supplied bearings, Prop shaft kit, and Round Hard Case Lipo battery the truck conforms to the local rule set and is quick. The trucks are selling out as fast as he can get them in so pre order one now to get yours.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

He will need off road tyres on it, after seeing him cut the track at Brendale with a borrowed truck a couple of weeks ago.

Race Director better be watching next meet.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Default Tamworth Cup Practice Day

It’s early afternoon and trucks are the most prolific racing machine here at present. Track is medium length with 20sec laps for trucks in the heat of the day.Old racing campaigner Crusty (Shane Pearce) debuting a brand new truck was surprised how well it goes straight out of the box.
More later
Old 03-10-2019, 12:34 AM
Tech Addict

Default Tamworth Cup

Can you believe it. 14 Tamiya trucks in the finals. Chaos, bedelum, call it what you like. It was bloody good fun. Can’t believe I loaned the better truck to Mick from SpeedyRc who took the win. A hard fought overall win. I might add with some stiff competition. Shaps pulled a credible 3rd also in a borrowed truck. I’it was a top weekends racing and as usual there was a lot of laughter on the drivers stand. Too good.
CountryHick, nivag71 and Jadey like this.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We had 12 trucks at our last club day in Newcastle. We follow the same rules as you guys regarding hop ups, but we allow people to remove the ribs to fit TC style square packs. It has zero impact on performance, and as the majority already race one form of TC or another, they already have square batteries.
I see no need to force people to purchase new batteries that will only be used for one car when they already have suitable batteries ready. Seems like a rule just for the sake of having a rule.
The laughter and banter on the drivers stand, however, seems universal!
Old 03-17-2019, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Batteries

You can fit square batteries without cutting the ribs,just let one battery strap retaining post sit higher and you can easily fit a square full size lipo pack
Old 03-17-2019, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This was noted after some of us ( myself included ) had already made the modification.

I see no need to replace the chassis plate, but if I was told I could not race because of it at an event I think I’d be inclined to withdraw from the event completely, as it has zero bearing on the performance of the truck.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Default Saturday night racing at Bayside

And still they come. New trucks each race meeting. 10 fronted up this week. Josh Olsen took the win this week by not getting caught up in any of the Chaos. And still more trucks to come with SPEEDYRC receiving a small shipment of 13 during the week.. They are growing wings and flying off the shelf.
aza79 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.