Wiki Posts
Search

Hobbytech STR8 pro-ProtoType(Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poinas2
Well I believe you should ask that from basically every company making Racing Buggy or Truggy
the part that i doent like is the fact that there is no CF parts included on the pro model...
Old 12-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

a lot of the time they make aluminum options for guys that crash hard and frequently, so it increases the durability, it also lets you personalize your buggy too, you have to actually think about the fact that the full blown racer market is very very small compared to the backyard racer / basher market, Losi may be one of the most popular with full blown racers, but I would be willing to bet they are near the bottom of the basher market, and hense arn't as succesful (ie money making) as a company like traxxas for example,
Old 12-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bobf24
Losi may be one of the most popular with full blown racers,
losi has the 2nd most rtr's on the market next to ofna...mugen may be the only co. that is mainly for the racers...

losi is very much catered to the basher the LST, Muggy, aftershock, and many other rtr's all the 1/18's and not to mention the micro T

i guess im just ingnorant, and to much of a racer and not enough basher, but last time i checked a pro level RACE buggy is aimed at the racer and not so much the basher, however the rtr model is more aimed at the basher, and not so much the racer...
Old 12-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
losi has the 2nd most rtr's on the market next to ofna...mugen may be the only co. that is mainly for the racers...

losi is very much catered to the basher the LST, Muggy, aftershock, and many other rtr's all the 1/18's and not to mention the micro T

i guess im just ingnorant, and to much of a racer and not enough basher, but last time i checked a pro level RACE buggy is aimed at the racer and not so much the basher, however the rtr model is more aimed at the basher, and not so much the racer...
however im not gonna push this issue any longer...ill just say that its a nice buggy, but just not for me, and im sure most other races will say the same thing...
Old 12-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
however im not gonna push this issue any longer...ill just say that its a nice buggy, but just not for me, and im sure most other races will say the same thing...
This is something that I'd really like to be specified a bit more.
So far you have not defined a single point other than your own opinion that would classify this as not suitable for a racer. You just say you don't like it because they sell hop-ups and that the Factory model does not come with CF parts.

And as a basis I do not favour this one over my another ride which is OCM Kaos. This is not due to some specific reason but I just feel that the OCM fit's my driving a bit better. STR8 is a new model from a less known company. Same as Kaos was a while back so it remains to be seen what comes out from this approach.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Poinas2
This is something that I'd really like to be specified a bit more.
So far you have not defined a single point other than your own opinion that would classify this as not suitable for a racer. You just say you don't like it because they sell hop-ups and that the Factory model does not come with CF parts.

And as a basis I do not favour this one over my another ride which is OCM Kaos. This is not due to some specific reason but I just feel that the OCM fit's my driving a bit better. STR8 is a new model from a less known company. Same as Kaos was a while back so it remains to be seen what comes out from this approach.
i hope you can understand what im trying to say when i say there just doent seem to be a hight quality fit and finish, and this is something that most racers look for in a pro level race buggy...

i do not bash other co. products, so thats why i stated my opinion, and that is its just not for me, and ill leave it at that...
Old 12-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

you can't tell fit and finish from pictures of what are likley prototype cars, I get that you dont like this car, but to just make blind claims about it is kind of ignorent
Old 12-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bobf24
you can't tell fit and finish from pictures of what are likley prototype cars, I get that you dont like this car, but to just make blind claims about it is kind of ignorent
the pics were stated as a final product, and material quality make up alot of fit and finish, and it was stated that a lower quality material was use on the production model...so how is this a blind statement???

im not looking for an argument...if you like it good for you, so go out and buy one, and then tell the world how great it is...
Old 12-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

its all about giving people the oppertunity to add those Hop-ups if they feel the need from what i see the buggy has all that you need,not sure but other brands are like that as well, they have a optioned chassie and CF radio plates,aluminium rear hub cariers..its all good, ive recieved all info from hobbytech and will plan to have the Pro kit to test and race at my local track in the new year, will be interesting and exciting to see how it handles the tracks here in Australia.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DirtRacer
its all about giving people the oppertunity to add those Hop-ups if they feel the need from what i see the buggy has all that you need,not sure but other brands are like that as well, they have a optioned chassie and CF radio plates,aluminium rear hub cariers..its all good, ive recieved all info from hobbytech and will plan to have the Pro kit to test and race at my local track in the new year, will be interesting and exciting to see how it handles the tracks here in Australia.
i wish you luck, and hope the buggy does well...maybe if we had a price, and the price was worth it to add the hop ups (that should already be on the buggy) it might help on my opinion of the buggy...
Old 12-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

id have to aggree on that, if possible and depending on cost ill plan to have the kit fully optioned at a fair price for everyone, around 550-600AUD which is the best competative price here in Australia for buggies at the moment.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default There is a reason for this buggy

Okay here we go just to let everyone know my period key and comma key does not work so this is going to look like one long run on sentence My name is Cameron Martin and my company is the company that is the new importer of the Caster Racing 1/8 buggy and truggy here in the state the hobbytech car is distributed in Europe both cars are made from the same parent company if you dont believe me just look at www teamcaterracing com ( rememeber the period key doesnt work ) anyways the caster racing buggy has a shelf price here in the states of 400 dollars that is quite a distance away from the other race buggies on the market today the car has the unique ability to be low cost and blazing fast on the track at the same time if you dont believe that look at rcproseries and look for my name at 26th overall and mid b main at the finals also liesurehoursraceway with nearly 100 entries in buggy last weekend i was running in third and after a pit stop in fourth when a clutch spring broke this car fits the intermediate crowd to a T someone can get into the hobby cheaper and upgrade as they go if they want to dont judge a car by the looks look at my lap times as they speak for themselves my 2 cents

cam
cameron@teamcasterracing dot com

ps we are looking for regional drivers so if interested please sent resume and references to this email address
Old 12-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

alright thats interesting, but over all it is a new buggy/truggy design, you mean that just the plastics are made at the factory where caster is made?
Old 12-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

look at the pictures one car has pivot ball the other one has c hub otherwise there are some cosmetics but the geometry is the same it should work as good as mine with just different steering and bump handling characteristics with the front suspension

cam
Old 12-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

alright then, koo kool thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.