Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

So thats not a menu for the local Chinese take away then

Its all double dutch to me....bring back good old imperial, who likes metric anyway

Herm, imperial is what we used to use here in Blighty before Brussels decidec it was no longer cool
Old 10-29-2003, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Has anyone seen the post about free drive trains???

It would appear a lot of folks are happy with their drive trains even when they are not in the same league as the cuda.
Mine spins and spins and spins...really free (thanks for the tips Dave )
Even impressed Dave spashett with how free it was. Now theres a good advertisement
Old 10-29-2003, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Herminator
Hmm, broken parts.....
well there's..... erm.... well....
nothing really broken so far

I have had a few bevel gears chewed up though, from tiny stones getting stuck in the teeth of one gear and then imprinting on the other gear So a few of them each is a good idea if you're running outdoors.
I ordered some c-hubs and steering knuckles, a pair of A-arms just in case
Diff parts are always a good idea, you need an extra diff anyway if you don't want a one way in all the time.

There isn't a UK ditributer for Alex Racing but it doesn't mean there won't be parts available for the Cuda soon....
I race carpet 99% of the time so my cars dont see the tarmac So i would prolly want a front diff as its fairly tight and technical. Jubilee arena which is tarmac isnt "that" far from where i live, hour or so on the motorway but i cant drive so i need to haggle lifts of people. Dont see why more people dont race carpet, its inside so warm and dry and you can race any day of the year! No nasty stones or scratched chassis either.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ko Racer
you talking about this one?

Yep close enough...but I need that in in/lbs

-Dave
Old 10-29-2003, 06:02 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Yep close enough...but I need that in in/lbs

-Dave
I thought you already figured that out
Old 10-29-2003, 06:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Gazza_D
Has anyone seen the post about free drive trains???

It would appear a lot of folks are happy with their drive trains even when they are not in the same league as the cuda.
Mine spins and spins and spins...really free (thanks for the tips Dave )
Even impressed Dave spashett with how free it was. Now theres a good advertisement
Been there Have a few more tricks now with the drive train now too.. ...

-Dave
Old 10-29-2003, 06:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ko Racer
I thought you already figured that out
I did...but I can find it anymore... ..I remember I posted it but now I cn seem to find it
-Dave
Old 10-29-2003, 06:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Default roll out

hey fellas, this is my second time asking, don't know if its a dumb question or not but was needing to know if any one has a roll-out sheet for this car, or are all roll-out sheets the same? could use the help, thanks!
Old 10-29-2003, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Gazza_D
So thats not a menu for the local Chinese take away then

Its all double dutch to me....bring back good old imperial, who likes metric anyway

Herm, imperial is what we used to use here in Blighty before Brussels decidec it was no longer cool
Well the only imperial measurements I can work with are miles and hour, never used imperial for anything else so it just confuses me
Atleast with metric you know everything can be dived with tens, instead of 12 and 16 or whatever each thing uses

Berger, carpet would be nice but I think you need a largish club to be able to afford the carpet. Then there's the problem of either having to lay it out each week or finding a place where you can have it out permanently, which means huge rental costs. I think the ideal is indoor tarmac, it's got good grip, without being too grippy, like carpet can be. The track has to be a decent size too, it's nice to get outside and race on some big tracks and the best track barriers IMO are areas of grass, as long as it's cut short and not soggy wet, it slows the cars down without doing any damage and you certainly loose time by running over it.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah like the Halifax track for the reedy race of champions. Thats a sweet track. Thing with tarmac is i never know where me and the track stand, too many compounds and inserts to play around with. With carpet its just Jaco Blue trued and glued on the car and off it go. Where i race we rent the room every friday from the lesuire center, not sure how much we pay but with 40 racers paying £3-4 depending if your a member or not they must make some bling, especially as they have just got new transponders the AMB ones. Mainly its kids that race and i would like to race on a much bigger unforgiving track. Just use it to keep my thumbs working.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: roll out

Originally posted by chefmo88
hey fellas, this is my second time asking, don't know if its a dumb question or not but was needing to know if any one has a roll-out sheet for this car, or are all roll-out sheets the same? could use the help, thanks!
if you wanto to work out the roll out you just need a particular cars intermal ratio, the Cuda's is 2.4375. It also depends what size tyres you're using, and for a chart you have to have a rough idea of what size track and typre of motor you're running so you know a rough range you'll want to cover.
There's a handy roll out calculator
http://www.arroyoc.com/index.cfm?fus...&fromflash=yes
Old 10-29-2003, 06:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Default roll out

thanks herm, i'm indoor on a nice size tracck in cleve ohio. been trouble shooting all kinds of problems, hope that is my last. glitching has been killing me too, was told that the reciever next to my keyence might be the rat! so working on all the angles, but thanks for the help!!!!
Old 10-29-2003, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: roll out

thanks herm, i'm indoor on a nice size tracck in cleve ohio. been trouble shooting all kinds of problems, hope that is my last. glitching has been killing me too, was told that the reciever next to my keyence might be the rat! so working on all the angles, but thanks for the help!!!!

Put that reciver on top of the Servo and a majority of you problems might go away
-Dave
Old 10-29-2003, 06:35 AM
Tech Initiate

double tape it and everything? or should I say, doubled tape all electronics?ie...trans, esc, and reciever?(thats with moving the reciever on servo)
Old 10-29-2003, 06:39 AM
Tech Champion

double tape it and everything? or should I say, doubled tape all electronics?ie...trans, esc, and reciever?(thats with moving the reciever on servo)
yep everything but the servo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.