Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
So much for buying this engine!!! Nova 353 >

So much for buying this engine!!! Nova 353

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So much for buying this engine!!! Nova 353

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As long as they keep making engines to which all other engines are compared to, I dont see it happening. If you want the best you gotta pay for the best, if they weren't the best, this wouldn't even be an issue to begin with.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by randay
As long as they keep making engines to which all other engines are compared to, I dont see it happening. If you want the best you gotta pay for the best, if they weren't the best, this wouldn't even be an issue to begin with.
You have a very good point there.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It's a good point about these engines being the benchmark.

I personally think though, it is very arrogant to include an engine with no value to the racer in a box with the ducks-nuts of race engines. Do they think they can get away with it because the racer will buy what he gets beaten by?

If Nova thought that they had any real competition (I'm talking about them thinking to themselves here, not what's perhaps more of a reality), they would have changed their marketing strategy long ago when some of these other engines started to come on line. If they haven't changed it by now, it doesn't look like they will change it.

I'm not saying I wouldn't love to have a 353 as I think it looks the goods....Just not sure that the factory is giving racers due credit. If it was a 353 and you get a plus 12-3ct or something in the box then that could be understandable. But the engine they include isn't even on the catalog so no-one knows anything about it. The parts are not even interchangeable to rescue your 353 if it goes south.

It would be good if Nova put out a publicity statement explaning why they think this is the right thing to do, as I can't work it out.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

I heard a while back that Nova and other italian companies are basically just in the business to look good and don't really care about making money because they're doing well enough.

This package seems to confirm that but I'm still going to buy one if I can find one at a remotely reasonable price, and I'll let you guys know how the booty motor is.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
I heard a while back that Nova and other italian companies are basically just in the business to look good and don't really care about making money because they're doing well enough.
Haha that's nice to hear, so they are just in it for the fun? Any business you are in, it's for the money be it RC or anything else.

Do you really think that this engine is worth this much money?
Old 03-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

The funny thing is, that NR engines have become quite a bit less expensive in Europe when they introduced the Plus 12-3. On average, this engine cost 50-70 Euros less than the older generation N12LS3 and N12LL3.

Some hobby shops still offer the older ones with that price difference.

I guess this was a reaction to the CRF, Ninja and latest generation Picco based engines and it was nice to see.

I can only imagine, that NR is trying to make a healthy cut on the Plus 2 engines in the beginning (hence the special package), before they release it normally as an engine.

The problem here is, that they know VERY well, that we are crazy enough to buy that thing, because we always want the latest and greatest AND because we all think that we are perfect drivers and the only thing that can make us faster is the best engine on the market

So, in reality, it's up to us to let them get away with it or not.

Remember Trinity's monopoly on batteries and Italien engines a few years back?

People didn't like it and it went down!
Old 03-31-2007, 01:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i dunno why everyone is freaking out so badly, all of his prices on the fusion site are MSRP. He doesnt ACTUALLy sell them for that. Notice the Novarossi 35 Plus 21. his prices says 1099 dollars. you can get them from hi for 500-550.
another example, the Novarossi N21B is priced at 350 dollars, tha actual price is 180-200. CAll up fusion and ask him for the prices, or call a LHS and have think call fusion to get the prices for the engines and youll see they arent 800 plus dollars.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

The complaint isn't that the the motor is $979, we know that's retail.

The problem is that it retails for $979 compared to the 12-3CT for $629 which is a huge jump. Since it doesn't seem like we can find the 353 yet, it seems like there is a 55% price hike putting it at $542.42 (assuming $349.95 from racedayhobbies.com)

It would really have to be a special unmodded motor for $542.42 when sirio and os have decent motors for under $300
Old 04-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Actually I think it will be a preety amazing engine, in fact IMHO it will take .12 performance to a level where we don't need it.

The 353 has a Tungsten balanced crank, ceramic bearings and the whole engine has the taste of a shrunk Plus 35.

All this costs money and now that NR started this §hit, all the other manufacturers will have to follow, which will let the prices sky rocket.

What really makes me mad though, is that they are trying to sell this engine in a package with a absolutely worthless and obsolete engine that has been thrown together using NR's leftovers from the last 5 years. Just look at the carb. This carb hasn't been on a NR engine for 3-4 years
Old 04-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

There must be something odd about the spare engine, especially if it can only be ordered with the 353. Only time will tell on this one, but I think I'd rather pay $100 less and get only one good engine.

Look at the NS12p and 353 on the kawahara site

It has the same small fins on the mounting blocks and appears to have the same carb minus the insert maybe
Old 04-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

I found the 353 combo in an Italian hobby shop: € 470 = $627.92 with todays exchange ratio.......

Novarossi 353
Old 04-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Yep Nova has gone insane, the street price seems to be around $599 from a company selling the rest of the engines at fair prices.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brianhatesnitro
Yep Nova has gone insane, the street price seems to be around $599 from a company selling the rest of the engines at fair prices.

i agree with you guys...600$ for two engines is too much if you take in mind that the second one is a back up engine.i own one novarossi plus 3sct which i bought for 300$ as my main race engine,and one os max tz p3 as a practice engine which i bought for 185$.total amount for both engine is 300$+185$=485$.i wpould like to buy a third engine (a JLR or picco evo3) which will cost arround 180$.so i would have spent for three engines that was MY choice to buy and not included in a box(like the NR N12P) arround 660$.just 60 dollars over the new NOVAROSSI 353 package.i don't think it's worth buying.i think it's more fair when you produce the best engines(and NOVAROSSI really does) you don't have to lounch such an expensive package at the market with the excuse that the buyer gets 2 engines.I just want ONE good engine.If you take it on mind with 600$ someone buys 2 novarossi plus 1 series engines.What do you guys think?
Old 04-21-2007, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Am I seeing things or is this the same engine unbundled from the Plus 2 package?

Ashford Hobby: $459.99

http://ashfordhobby.com/detail.aspx?ID=5420

Brooklyn Hobbies: $459.99

http://www.brooklynhobbies.com/index...OD&ProdID=2475
Old 04-21-2007, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
And the brooklyn hobbies one comes with a free temp gun as well !!

NEW NOVAROSSI 353 .12 ENGINE PLUS FREE CARLSEN LASER TEMP GUN VALUED AT 75.00

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.