Tech Regular

Default Picco .12 vs mito .12

what you guys think?
Old 02-03-2015, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lighttravler
what you guys think?
I don't think anyone will have had a chance to run the Mito yet however for me personally I won't be bothering as it'll be way more expensive than the Picco WC and I don't really think it'll be any quicker tbh. Certainly won't be worth the extra money!

The Picco WC engine is brilliant and for the money is very hard to beat out of the box. It's better than my Virtus and the Mito isn't much different as far as I can tell.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah I was just wanted you guys opinion on the specs. But I get what you saying about price. I know you had answered this ? For me earlier last month. Before I make the purchase just wanted to see what others had to say. By the way I will be getting it modding also the picco .12. The Edmond Picco .12 is the one on desota site correct? I had another thread asking what it's the difference between #9050 and #9054 .12 picco
Old 02-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

These days they're all fast and run well. I personally will only run Novarossi! I do believe that the Novas are faster and worth the few extra dollars they may cost.
Run what you like and feel is best for you.

Novarossi FOREVER for me!!
Old 02-03-2015, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

I understand pooh2 what you are saying.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah I was just wanted you guys opinion on the specs. But I get what you saying about price. I know you had answered this ? For me earlier last month. Before I make the purchase just wanted to see what others had to say. By the way I will be getting it modding also the picco .12. The Edmond Picco .12 is the one on desota site correct? I had another thread asking what it's the difference between #9050 and #9054 .12 picco
Yeah the one on the desoto site is what you want the EMX-WC with the EM meaning Edomod.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pooh2
These days they're all fast and run well. I personally will only run Novarossi! I do believe that the Novas are faster and worth the few extra dollars they may cost.
Run what you like and feel is best for you.

Novarossi FOREVER for me!!
They used to be but not recently. I have ran Novarossi for the last 20 years but certainly in the last 3-4 years they haven't been anywhere near the quality or have the performance advantage that they used to. Definitely not worth the extra money anymore. Depending the engine it can be 50% more than others certainly not "a few extra dollars!"

The 2015 Piccos blow the nova's out of the water and I've run the .12 back to back. The Picco is just more powerful, consistent, runs cooler and longer runtime than my virtus and keep on's (both standard and Murnan mod ones).
Old 02-05-2015, 03:41 AM
Tech Regular

Gotcha Dan cool thanks for the clarification.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I personally run strictly drag racing and my best results have come using Novarossi. Picco is not too far behind and the numbers don't lie. Good option if price is an issue!
Old 02-08-2015, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Oso787
I personally run strictly drag racing and my best results have come using Novarossi. Picco is not too far behind and the numbers don't lie. Good option if price is an issue!
Not really a fair comparison! Totally different application.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I was at the Airtronics GP this weekend, and I saw Mito against Picco EMX-WC. No engine could touch the Piccos, amazing out of the corners, and the top end is crazy! I was running an .12 EMX-WC and on the straight I either pulled on people or caught them on half way through it, same thing out of the corners, all this while making 5 minutes easily, and on the fast guys car. Im slow, but my Picco made me look way better!! Not to mention the fact that Edo himself was at the track giving support.

Paolo Morganti(Serpent Picco) finished 1st and Walter Diaz(Serpent Picco) finished 2nd...
Old 02-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Ok Dan did it now you just put the stamp of approval on it. I may be a little bias but I'm a Picco guy myself anyway. Can't wait to put my small block ERCM pipe on it when I get it.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I was at the Airtronics GP this weekend, and I saw Mito against Picco EMX-WC. No engine could touch the Piccos, amazing out of the corners, and the top end is crazy! I was running an .12 EMX-WC and on the straight I either pulled on people or caught them on half way through it, same thing out of the corners, all this while making 5 minutes easily, and on the fast guys car. Im slow, but my Picco made me look way better!! Not to mention the fact that Edo himself was at the track giving support.

Paolo Morganti(Serpent Picco) finished 1st and Walter Diaz(Serpent Picco) finished 2nd...
Old 02-11-2015, 01:44 AM
Tech Elite

Ok Dan did it now you just put the stamp of approval on it. I may be a little bias but I'm a Picco guy myself anyway. Can't wait to put my small block ERCM pipe on it when I get it.
Good luck! Take your time running in however it doesn't take anywhere near as much as my nova's did!
Old 02-11-2015, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Gotcha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.