Bittydesign 1/10 TC 190mm bodyshells! >

Bittydesign 1/10 TC 190mm bodyshells!

Like Tree470Likes

Bittydesign 1/10 TC 190mm bodyshells!

Old 01-18-2019, 08:15 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72
Did the M410 ULT get thicker? Mine with a single color rattle bomb is 76g without decals or wing. For comparison my regular lightweight JP8HR is 81g without decals or wing...
i've noticed a fair bit of variance in weight between new and old m410's, too.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Just got a JP8 to try as I was having issues with rear grip with a Racer. How far forward for low/Medium traction ETS carpet?
Old 01-22-2019, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been running the M410 since it first hit the market, partly due to my affinity for BMWs......and partly because I have liked the feel of it on high grip asphalt. BUT, now the time has come to find a few tenths and I'm considering the JP8 or JP8HR. Looking to those that have experience with both to get some feedback.

How much faster were you with your JP8 when you first switched from the M410? Did you have to make any chassis adjustments after making the change?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-22-2019, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse
I've been running the M410 since it first hit the market, partly due to my affinity for BMWs......and partly because I have liked the feel of it on high grip asphalt. BUT, now the time has come to find a few tenths and I'm considering the JP8 or JP8HR. Looking to those that have experience with both to get some feedback.

How much faster were you with your JP8 when you first switched from the M410? Did you have to make any chassis adjustments after making the change?

Thanks in advance
I'm running 17.5 blinky on a technical asphalt track (med - high grip). Similar to you, I used the m410 before and switched to the JP8 (LW) and the results were really good since the JP8 has more rotation which meant that i was able to drive more easily into the corners and use less of my breaks. The rear is stable as advertised and with that, i gained more consistency which led to getting faster laptimes and more laps in. I was able to bring down my fastest laptime by .4 secs and gain 2 more laps with the JP8, compared to the M410. The real deal for me is to be consistent on hitting those targets and laptimes again and again.

I mounted the JP8 8mm forward and use the thicker high rear wings (optional part). For my setting, switching to JP8 is definitely a plus. Waiting actually for the JP8HR to arrive in our shores to test it for the 2019 season.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alecladanga
I'm running 17.5 blinky on a technical asphalt track (med - high grip). Similar to you, I used the m410 before and switched to the JP8 (LW) and the results were really good since the JP8 has more rotation which meant that i was able to drive more easily into the corners and use less of my breaks. The rear is stable as advertised and with that, i gained more consistency which led to getting faster laptimes and more laps in. I was able to bring down my fastest laptime by .4 secs and gain 2 more laps with the JP8, compared to the M410. The real deal for me is to be consistent on hitting those targets and laptimes again and again.

I mounted the JP8 8mm forward and use the thicker high rear wings (optional part). For my setting, switching to JP8 is definitely a plus. Waiting actually for the JP8HR to arrive in our shores to test it for the 2019 season.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your advice....looks like I'll be investing in a new body real soon....most likely a new JP8HR.
alecladanga likes this.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse

Thanks in advance
on med grip CRC I picked up two tenths on my average when switching from the m410 to the jp8. They both weigh the same and mounted 5mm forward. On a higher grip CRC track I will often use the m410 as it feels a little better. They will make you slightly change your driving style which can be a good or a bad thing.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

When we talk about the rear wing being 10mm back from the rear of the car what part of the wing are we talking about? When the JP8 is mounted neutral the rear of the wing is already way further back than 10mm

Thanks
Old 01-24-2019, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MidwestRacer
Having issues with the flex on the center of the body on the Venom in USGT. Any ideas what I may want to try to eliminate some of the distortion so I do not have to cut the side skirts up any higher. I have them cut to 10mm height, they are still rubbing due to deflection at high speeds from windshield downforce.
We participated to a recent race here in Italy, the track was indoor with perfectly flat asphalt surface and the VENOM not flex, the key was the perfect ground. But when racing on carpet situation is different and the problem you noticed could be easily fixed; in other words what you described is this:

and we resolved it by removing one screw on the topdeck and replacing it with a body post (see following pics):

that we trim close to the body to eliminate the flex, this is the result:

It cost nothing doing this, when you switch to another body shell you remove the body post, when you mount our VENOM body you remount the body post on the topdeck. Hope this can help you and others who felt the same issue.
alecladanga and XSRCdesign like this.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

or use the "mustache" body mount for the front of the awesomatix
Old 01-24-2019, 12:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Some really incredible rides in here. Especially loved the trucks! Unconventional but awesome!
Old 01-24-2019, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

JP8 HR almost ready to get beat up.
DaSilva3525 likes this.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing

JP8 HR almost ready to get beat up.
That paragon though lol
Old 01-24-2019, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
That paragon though lol
some of the old school sauce stash I got. Lol
Old 01-24-2019, 08:39 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing

some of the old school sauce stash I got. Lol
still one of the best compound for foam on carpet
Old 01-25-2019, 12:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bittydesign
We participated to a recent race here in Italy, the track was indoor with perfectly flat asphalt surface and the VENOM not flex, the key was the perfect ground. But when racing on carpet situation is different and the problem you noticed could be easily fixed; in other words what you described is this:.
I need these rims...which one are they and where can i buy them???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.