Bring Back 1/10 Scale Pan Car Poll!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bring Back 1/10 Scale Pan Car Poll!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

on the other hand, open mod 6cells 5min is too fast for most drivers, imagine a Pro 10 and 1/12 with 7-8t motor!!!!!!! I want to see Pro10 6cells mod runs 8mins. But 1/12 6cells mod is not going to work, 1/12 4cells open mod or 6cells stock is fast enough.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you can drive a 19t or a mod sedan, you can drive a 6cell stock Pro10. Tires are not an issue. I can go 4-6 weeks on a set.
At SoCal we have kept 6cell Pro10 going for 5+years. And we have been running mod at Revelation for almost 2 years.

Last edited by TOADYY; 02-14-2004 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

pro 10 mod needs a motor limit in the 12 turn range. with the batteries we have today this will be fast enough to challenge all but the very best drivers to their limits. Please consider this from someone who ran pro10 mod for years and is willing to do it again.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looking forward to my move to Socal so I can start racing 1/10th Pan Cars again (and dump my sedan... )

Restricting the motors makes sense somewhat, just for equalization sake. I think $$$ will be pretty equal no matter what "mod" motors you choose(19t would be interesting). Stock and mod classes should be available in 10th IMO.

4-cell 12th stock and mod classes make sense. Handling and tire wear is a lot better with only 4 cells... Not as ballistic but still fast.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Speedxl, I NEED you to call me! YOu said youd call Friday but I never heard from you. You have my number.

Also, do any of yall know Flash (or Dreamweaver or one of those Flash based programs)? Id like to work with somebdy on a really hip teaser website with all the necessary bells and whistles and stuff for the U.S. Road Course Championships
Old 02-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My pan car is now rebuilt and ready to go.Next challenge is getting more cars out racing in the next few months.We'll run 4 cell stock and 19t.I would say something else but you'll find out soon enough.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:22 AM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Pan Car speed

Here's my opinion on the dying off our racing class: the cars were becoming too fast. And I do NOT mean for the DRIVERS, but for the Nitro racers. At least, that's what seamed to have happened here in Europe. Here in Holland, Serpent controlls most of the RC racing. High people from Serpent are in the NOMAC (Dutch version of ROAR). Even with 2400-batteries and 12 turn motors, pro 10 cars are just as fast as 1/10th nitro cars, but way less expensive to run. With the introduction of newer batteries and even faster, and more wear-friendly motors, nitro isn't all that interesting anymore. And that is where the company's start to lose profit! Look at what Trinity is trying with it's adds against brushless motors! Touring cars were the solution for the Big RC company's: less speed and more running-cost.

On another note: restricting the number of turns doesn't really hamper top speed of these cars. It will make them somewhat easier to drive. I'd say: go with WIDE car's: they're easier to drive, and just faster around a track. I don't know what to think off four cells, the cars are already underweight with 6 cells!
Going with wide cars is no problem with body-selection. Hot Body's make an excellent Toyota, Pro line still makes the peugeot, and Team Associated still makes the '92 Nissan in big numbers, no problem! And if this class makes a large comeback, more company's will start producing body's.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

I live in france and more and more people speaks about bringing back PRO 10 in competition..........

I hope that we will be able to drive these cars soon.

Do you know if hotbodies still make the porsche???
Old 02-16-2004, 08:46 AM

Default Hot Body's Porsche

Well, they still produced it a year ago, that's when I last bought one. I like the Toyota a lot more, it steers better. I prefer the heavy version, it lives a lot longer!
Old 02-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

guys they still run pro ten in japan and a lot of companies still produce bodies
track sorry i was out of town this weekend
and i left you # here at my office i'll call you some time today or tommarow also that gur that posted on here jhon malin ist our fl state series director we can also get him envolved in this he is a pan car freak also!
Old 02-16-2004, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

sounds good amigo. Im in class until 8:30 or 9 tonight (depending on how quick we finish the chapter lecture) call me around then.

I'll have my phone on vibrate so I'll know when you call
Old 02-16-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Pan Car speed

Originally posted by Pro ten Holland
Here's my opinion on the dying off our racing class: the cars were becoming too fast. And I do NOT mean for the DRIVERS, but for the Nitro racers. At least, that's what seamed to have happened here in Europe. Here in Holland, Serpent controlls most of the RC racing. High people from Serpent are in the NOMAC (Dutch version of ROAR). Even with 2400-batteries and 12 turn motors, pro 10 cars are just as fast as 1/10th nitro cars, but way less expensive to run. With the introduction of newer batteries and even faster, and more wear-friendly motors, nitro isn't all that interesting anymore. And that is where the company's start to lose profit! Look at what Trinity is trying with it's adds against brushless motors! Touring cars were the solution for the Big RC company's: less speed and more running-cost.

On another note: restricting the number of turns doesn't really hamper top speed of these cars. It will make them somewhat easier to drive. I'd say: go with WIDE car's: they're easier to drive, and just faster around a track. I don't know what to think off four cells, the cars are already underweight with 6 cells!
Going with wide cars is no problem with body-selection. Hot Body's make an excellent Toyota, Pro line still makes the peugeot, and Team Associated still makes the '92 Nissan in big numbers, no problem! And if this class makes a large comeback, more company's will start producing body's.
Yes, as Pontiac says "Wider is Better"
Old 02-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

i dont know about that cypress jhon malin and i raced the narrow cars down here against the wide cars and we won the last two races we enterd the cars in and we won by a decsent margin we just had plain more speed then they did we were running the protoform gt-1 porsche bodies and the cars were dialed!
Old 02-16-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by gijoe64
Harry if you don't know 1/10 scale pan is very different than 1/12 scale. the speed of an 1/10 pan is incredible don't be fooled.
'Till you drive a 6-cell mod 12thscale!!!! Been there, done both.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

U.S. PAN CAR CHAMPIONSHIPS COMING MARCH 2005...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.