https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76C7NCIvVG4
Old 11-23-2017, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hard to believe that was 10 years ago... lol
Old 11-28-2017, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You guys know what day of the week it is! That's right... Hump day! That was a great annoying commercial that stuck in your brain. It's also H30 Wed Night Worlds. Come out and get some! 5p kick off. 10:30p lights out. Guilty pleasure satisfied.

bb
cementsurfer86 likes this.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Looks like this Texan will be making it there around 6. I’ll be the one trying not to hit all the corners! I snaked a chair from the hotel! Just need some Jaco Blues!
Old 11-29-2017, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stealing a hotel chair to race at the hangar?! I applaud your criminal tendencies. You sir, are an honorary club member!

We have Jacos at the track. See you at 6.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Stealing a hotel chair to race at the hangar?! I applaud your criminal tendencies. You sir, are an honorary club member!

We have Jacos at the track. See you at 6.
Bahaha!!! I will accept the honoring status!! But "ttealing" seems like such a harsh word. More like "borrowing" for short time. I made sure to leave the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my room so I wouldn't be reported!
Old 11-30-2017, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Great night of racing as always. I have to say, Stuart has been putting in the good work this season. No doubt, his program is rising to the top. He's showing that he can race anything. His TC tq run was straight-a-way sweeper away when a greedy mishap snatched it from his grasp. Hard lessons, right there. The SS crew seem to have a few pile ups in common places. I hope that gets more sorted as the season progresses. This layout has been down a while. Its hard to pass on the infield dead center. I will call out my own fatality too. I parked it on a dot like a turtle on a fence post. I was happy to salvage what I could out of my main, but Stuart laid down a better 8 minutes then I. Love having the laps on rcscoring pro so that I can see how the changes I made week to week improve or get worse. Great work you all!
Nortran11 likes this.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 5 Results

As is the trend lately, thanks to Jesse Anderson from The Racer Underground for another great race recap this week.

We're officially two months in to the 2017/2018 Hangar 30 Wednesday season, and with 5 rounds now in the books, drivers are becoming more confident inside the tight confines of the Hangar 30 track with each passing heat. I've come to this conclusion because of two observations:
1: Lap times are falling consistently in all classes.
2: Races across the board are becoming, lets just say..... more exciting. (cue "Welcome to the Jungle") Bold moves and shenanigans sum up Wednesday racing week after week, but isn't rubbin' racing? On to the results!

Novice:
https://youtu.be/4usQRKIJcLc

Gary Bennett's resilience as the wiley vet, reminds me of a trash-talkin' Steve Smith (See link above). For 4 previous rounds, Paul Nortness has been a thorn in the side of the "ageless wonder" Gary Bennett in the two-way battle for the Novice win. This week, Gary would have none of it yet again. From pole, Gary battled it out with the upstart Nortness for 5 minutes, with the veteran coming out on top. I just want to hear Gary say "Ice up son!" just once.

Scale Spec:
https://youtu.be/WuN421qNmxE
https://youtu.be/LnqcfE-VTt0

Scale Spec can have a tendency to get a bit rowdy, as evidenced by actual race footage linked above.

Nonetheless, Scale Spec provides damn-fun racing to participate in and watch. While Mike Boyle would pip Donny Banks to the pole for the main, it would be Mike on the receiving end of some door-banging, which ended his night early, along with Adam Shelton and Kyle Bradshaw. With the field shrunk down to 5 cars after the first minute, Donny put his head down and cruised to an easy win, with Jeff Johnson taking a solid second, and Chris Perry having a fine drive to third.

Stock Touring:
https://youtu.be/K2cNqaPSHv0

More real stock racing footage above, as I show the comparison from my 21.5 Small-Block Stock TC, to Andrew Cartwright's 17.5 machine.

In all seriousness, Wednesday's Stock TC grid lived up to the "Wednesday Night Worlds" moniker. With at least 5 of the 9 drivers competing having won at the National or regional level before, I picked a hell of a time to move up. Marc McGurren joined us from Texas, and threw down with the best the class had to offer. While Stewart would challenge for the top spot, it would be Andrew taking pole. In the Main, Andrew would take full advantage (The rainbow fanny pack had a factor) of the front row start and bolt away with the win, with Stewart and Jake slotted in second and third respectively. In a completely biased note, I often feel a bit in the way with these bad ass drivers, but I was stoked to come away with 4th and a couple points on the night!

Stock 12th:

Like an angry Chihuahua going after a Great Dane, the concentrated pint-sized beast has been unleashed....

What once was Brian Bodine's world all to his own, Stewart is beginning to stake his claim on the Stock 12th field. The Mini-Mason and the Elder-Statesman would swap TQ's each heat, and while Brian would give it a hell of a run, Stewart would take pole by 1-tenth of a second over an 8 minute qualifier. In the main, Stewart would take advantage of a bobble by Bodine to build a comfortable lead that he would keep for the remainder of the race. Brian would recover for what I'm calling the drive of the night, coming from dead last to second, a mere 3 seconds behind Stewart at the tone. Todd Mason would take third with a solid drive of his own, only 4 seconds back from Brian at the end. This class never disappoints!

We're back at in two weeks, on December 13th. In the meantime, head on down to the community center this Saturday for some racing on "the smooth". Wednesday Night World's is alive and well, kids. Best fun you'll have all week, guaranteed.

Results posted below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Round 1.pdf (778.8 KB, 53 views)
Round 2.pdf (786.3 KB, 57 views)
Mains.pdf (760.8 KB, 93 views)
Old 12-01-2017, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Why is Andrew always taking the pole? I want that fanny pack tech'd!
cementsurfer86 and T-Hawk like this.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

brb looking for fanny pack

ps, pseudo can-am challenge tomorrow night?

Last edited by R3VoLuTiOn; 12-01-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for all of the warm hospitality everyone showed me, even with the disturbing conversations revolving around that fanny pack!!! Good times and great racing! Hope to see y’all soon!
Old 12-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2Dec2017 Race Report

About this time of year, when I mount the snow tires for the run up to the ski hill, I always think, “This is how it is for Canadians all year round.”The past few seasons we have held the Can-Am Challenge on or around this date at the beginning of December as a way to say thank you to the people who travel to race with us. It was a trophy race at a club race pr ice. But the calendar has become more full, and those racers who used to travel more are now blessed with solid clubs and programs close to home. Most of the clubs have a trophy race they host, and our Great White North friends have WCICS which commands a chunk of the calendar. So, it has been little surprise that the past couple Can-Ams have been light on actual Canadians. This year we skipped it, saving our trophy race and travel inducement for the Emerald City Classic in March. Nevertheless, among our 58 entries and 10 heats were three bona fide Canadians, Keith Yu, Nospoom, and John Tsang who hail from the Overgeared Racing club in Richmond. Thank you guys, for joining us.

Watching Donny throttle the Scale Spec field prompted John Tsang to say at one point, “Maybe I should break out the Scale Spec again...?” John famously won an ECC title in the class against a dominant Dan Garber a few years ago, but I think he might find it heavy going against Donny who is proving to be one of the most capable drivers in the class we have seen. He mounts a sharp lid on a well-sorted car, and then he carves through the field with little to no mercy for those who can't keep pace. It might be time to place some calls: Dick? It's time. Ryan B., get up here. Mike B., saddle up. Mike Ruete? Jacob?! You're late, get on it. Someone step forward to knock the big guy around, though for sure, it won't be an easy task. He might send you tail-tucked back to whence you came. Donny will etch his name in the books with the last track record on the layout.

Novice was night-long fight between Ken and McKenna. They traded qualifying rounds, with McKenna pinning down TQ. It looked like she had the win in hand, but an unforced error on her part left her nursing a hungry hippo nose high body around the track with Ken in pursuit. He made her pay for the mistake by getting around and taking the win. All in all, an excellent night for our Novice drivers.

Stock 1/12th was a full field yet again. It has made a nice comeback as I think guys see the value in the offering as well as a challenge in mastering the simple yet subtle little beasts. I was able to break through to a 43 again, though I was still a few seconds shy of Brian's track record. Behind myself and Ron Lui flying a solo second place, Ryan, Jeff, and Kelsey enjoyed an excellent qualifying battle and notched 40 lap runs. It wasn't so long ago that 40 laps was nearly unattainable on our track, with 13.5 motors! Now, we can knock those down with 17.5s. A testament to how batteries and motors continue to advance.

Modified Touring was already deep in this club, but now it borders on the absurd. I challenge anyone to show me a better night in night out Mod touring field than what we have right here in Seattle. After taking the better part of two seasons off, Kody has returned to the fray with a nifty new car and a refreshed outlook. But the rest of the guys have not been laying moribund in the intervening years. Everyone has gotten faster, especially Korey who has emerged as one of the top 1/12th scale talents in the country, and is a formidable touring car driver as well. He isn't about to step aside for the Panda. Both qualifying and the main were fierce between the two of them, with Andrew, John, Jake, and Sam not exactly content to watch from the sidelines. The top six cars were within a lap at the end of qualifying, proving how unremitting was the pressure for all. After a ferocious nose to tail fight, Kody slipped around Korey who tapped out. Kody held the lead for two laps before his own error forced an early retirement and handed it back to Korey. Jake came clean in second, while John and Andrew had a barn burner for the three-spot. Modified Touring!

Formula 1 (always with the French nasal Un!) witnessed a Tveten visit, as both Mark and Pops showed up for some fun. Mark brought a good game, as he challenged and prevailed in his bid for the TQ honors. However, he bowed out of the main, leaving Russ Dyer to cruise largely unchallenged to victory. Further down the sheet, Steve and McMullen enjoyed a good race.

Stock Touring was back in its rightful position as the big field of the night. This one, as well, is deep and offers a reliable robust contest for those who attend. To that point, the top five cars were all within less than a lap, with the formidable Mike Malkinson leading the way. However, come the main, it was Keith Yu, one of our frosty friends from north of the 54th parallel, who would emerge the victor as he showed in Q2 that his car and mental state were in fighting form. Malkinson had a clean start but surrendered his lead on lap eight with an uncharacteristic bobble. You can't hand that to Keith in a five minute touring car race and expect it to turn back in your favor, as Mike knows too well. Keith as smooth and confident from there, taking his time in traffic and making no mistakes.

Finally, Modified 1/12th scale was a chance for Korey to reveal a new X-Ray ride. He picked up where we last saw him with the 12R6, which is to say, barely, more like a blur. On the aluminum deck he describes it as mellow, comfy, maybe a little pushy. Uh huh. I'll use words like, “ballistic” or “blazing.” So, nothing new there. Stuart was also quick, not far behind on three-run pink/lilac tires. We've worked at this class for years, and no lie, it's hard. But man, it's a reward to dial it in and get right.

We build a new track two weeks from now. Until then, in the immortal words of Mick Jones from The Clash: Step light and stay free.

Results attached.
Attached Files
Q1 2Dec2017.pdf (336.1 KB, 83 views)
Q2 2Dec2017.pdf (339.2 KB, 88 views)
Mains 2Dec2017.pdf (314.9 KB, 152 views)
MDawson, R3VoLuTiOn, KR145 and 2 others like this.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Updated Points! About half way through the season....
Attached Files
CCPoints120517.pdf (364.6 KB, 79 views)
Hanger30Points120517.pdf (348.0 KB, 72 views)
ddd228 likes this.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default ARC R11 2018 SRCR Setup

ARC R11 2018 Upgraded from R11 > 2017 > 2018

Does anyone have any good setups for the CC or H30 in 17.5 or MOD, that they would like to share?

I love that fact that his car has an upgrade kit that comes out each year. Now if I could just learn to drive it like my 1/12 X12 2017 17.5 program.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lence
ARC R11 2018 Upgraded from R11 > 2017 > 2018

Does anyone have any good setups for the CC or H30 in 17.5 or MOD, that they would like to share?

I love that fact that his car has an upgrade kit that comes out each year. Now if I could just learn to drive it like my 1/12 X12 2017 17.5 program.
ARC RC R11, R11-2017 & R11-2018 Setup Sheets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.