Go Tech .21 Truggy Motor?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Go Tech .21 Truggy Motor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:17 AM
Tech Initiate

I have a 5 port that's modded by Mugenb46 the power is verry good, I use the HN 2047 and a RMV speed 2.5 carbon with 1.1 springs, it runs verry well for about 3/4 of a tank and then I get problems.
When I come in the slower sections of the track it sounds like the engine is getting to little fuel but that's not the case we checkt tried everything on the settings of the engine but the problem stays, at speed it's running verry well, mabe the clutch isn't the right one for this engine, so what kind of clutch is the best for the 5 port in a X1-crt?

Thanks,

Frans
Old 07-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Alumn. 3 shoe clutch and 1.0 springs
Old 07-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I've got 4 gallons on my GO 7 port with no complaints at all,with tons of compression still left. Motor is awesome,particularly for the price. I'm running it in an 8T with a 2013 pipe and all silver(heaviest)clutch springs. Plenty of bottom and top end. I'm also getting 7.5-8 minutes per tank with the 8mm restrictor. I'm gonna choke it down a little with the 7mm restrictor,just to smoothe off the bottom a little and get a little more runtime. I've also got a .28 GO sport on order for smaller club races.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Is there a way to put a diffrent head on this gotech 7port? im not to happy with this gold stuff. Id like to get a black head or silver.. any ideas? plus should i send my 7 port to twister mods for port work or should i send the 5 port its going into the buggy?
Old 08-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
Is there a way to put a diffrent head on this gotech 7port? im not to happy with this gold stuff. Id like to get a black head or silver.. any ideas? plus should i send my 7 port to twister mods for port work or should i send the 5 port its going into the buggy?
What are you not happy about? The color? You can send it out to have it re-anodized any color. Also, Some company makes an after market head for it. It's not necessary but hey, it's your money.

These motors don't need modding. Don't waste your money.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

You could put the silver 5port head on the 7port or any novarossi 4bolt head will fit, Bmods makes some nice ones as well as many other companies.