Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Shaft Drive or Belt Drive? >

Shaft Drive or Belt Drive?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: If you would like to buy a new kit,which type you prefer?Shaft Drive or Belt Drive?
Shaft Drive(such as NTC3;FW05R;LD3/CD3...etc.)
50.70%
Belt Drive(such as 710R;V-one-series;MTX3;G4...etc.)
50.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Shaft Drive or Belt Drive?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 09:46 AM
Nitro Tech

Default What driving style/skill is a shaft car's racer should have?

collect form all of your speaking,still don't know what different driving style I should learn?In my opinion,the driving you have mentioned which is every racer should have....

No matter you play off-road or on-road;GP or EP;2wd or 4wd..... you should have smooth throttle to let the wheels stick on ground,dosen't it?
Old 05-24-2004, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: What driving style/skill is a shaft car's racer should have?

Originally posted by dino.tw
collect form all of your speaking,still don't know what different driving style I should learn?In my opinion,the driving you have mentioned which is every racer should have....

No matter you play off-road or on-road;GP or EP;2wd or 4wd..... you should have smooth throttle to let the wheels stick on ground,dosen't it?
Old 05-24-2004, 10:03 AM
Nitro Tech

Default Re: YOU and CAR as ONE

Originally posted by mop_iko
as i said.... before... the only thing i (a bit... a bit only) dislike about belt is the PUNCH when you want to accelerate from still.... it has a slower respond... maybe it my setting or something... but HEY .... that is my personal opinion... i could be wrong man due to the wrong setting i have. and maybe from here somebody will tell me how to rectify the SLOWER PUNCH for my belt car. which i do hope somebody will tell me.

mop
Slower respond? That is why I prefer to play 1/8 before. The 1/10 is really not as exciting as 1/8 on-road...... hehehe ....Of course that is because we have 1/8 tracks here....

Why the belt car has delayed power delivery is because the belt absorb some torque/punch. It just like we modified the real car's engine mount to aluminum one to get more torque.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:33 AM
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Re: YOU and CAR as ONE

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
But then again, why do all the Hot-rod cars and 1:8th use belts I wonder?
May I ask you why my WRX is shaft car not belt? sorry...I'm just kidding

As I knew that is all about fashion trend. Many years ago the steering servo were all lay down but some mfgs said the upside down servo more directly the lay down servo sucks.....then it back to lay down again now. There do have shaft 1/8 on-road kit and chain drive kit many years ago...

There is long time we don't see new design or new idea of the R/C car. It just use old idea and package up with new material technology. Do you know what is those R/D work? They are busy with how to make our kit looks different with others. Or else you will say who copy who again and again.....

About your question...Who knows? Maybe next year we can have NTC8 ?! right?
Old 05-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

The ultimate touring car would be a shaft driven 710...
Old 05-24-2004, 10:50 AM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by crashed_1
710SD
Old 05-24-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

i wonder who will come out with the HYBRID car....

a PUNCHier car with S710 driveability.

definitely 710SD.....

mop
Old 05-24-2004, 11:45 AM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have another question now....

Many nice guys told me that a shaft car needs different driving style...or It just different on driving styles....

Well,What driving style/skill is a shaft car's racer should have?

By the way,can't wait to get my 05R Thanks Manticore for your gift......
Hey Dino, I have collected from a number of experienced racers information regarding to this topic. I found them to be quite helpful.

Unfortunately, they are saved in my other PC, and that PC just refuses to start for me for a few days now.....I will salvage the documents and get them to you when I get the other comp to work. Just remind me

I think that when you do get to run the 05R, you will find out for yourself what the differences are. You are a very very good driver, I know you will drive just as fast with the shaft
Old 05-24-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Rookie

I run a schumacher fusion, and thats good for 80 plus if u fork out for new gearing (mine runs at about 70) ... it has a belt drive and doesnt seem phased by its .21 engine
Old 05-25-2004, 12:56 AM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by B
Hey Dino, I have collected from a number of experienced racers information regarding to this topic. I found them to be quite helpful.

Unfortunately, they are saved in my other PC, and that PC just refuses to start for me for a few days now.....I will salvage the documents and get them to you when I get the other comp to work. Just remind me

I think that when you do get to run the 05R, you will find out for yourself what the differences are. You are a very very good driver, I know you will drive just as fast with the shaft
Thank you,B.
No,my skill sucks......
Old 05-25-2004, 03:54 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: YOU and CAR as ONE

May I ask you why my WRX is shaft car not belt? sorry...I'm just kidding
Is WRX a buggy? I don't know that car

As I knew that is all about fashion trend. Many years ago the steering servo were all lay down but some mfgs said the upside down servo more directly the lay down servo sucks.....then it back to lay down again now. There do have shaft 1/8 on-road kit and chain drive kit many years ago...
Oh ... maybe I'm not as old as I thought I admit, I've not seen a 1/8 racer with that drive train before except for the one in the window on my previos LHS. But then again, that is a 1/6th car I think.

There is long time we don't see new design or new idea of the R/C car. It just use old idea and package up with new material technology. Do you know what is those R/D work? They are busy with how to make our kit looks different with others. Or else you will say who copy who again and again.....
Yes, its been a long time since they changed design except for the upside-down vs lay-down trick to get people to buy more kits. And you're right about copy-copy thing. In fact I think the only R&D that goes on is they watch the trend of what people fancy at the time .. or come to RCTech to see what's the hot topic

About your question...Who knows? Maybe next year we can have NTC8 ?! right?
Anything is possible. We'll see at, near or after Brazil. If things go well with Barry Baker, I think he'll be hard to beat with that souped up NTC3. Then they'll definitely call it NTC8 because they know that the market is growing where you guys are especially China and we all the Chinese love the fat lady
Old 05-25-2004, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Yeap ... 718 !!!
Old 05-25-2004, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by B

If Dino is a very very fast driver I don't think it matters what drivetrain his car uses
Old 05-25-2004, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Spruzz
I run a schumacher fusion, and thats good for 80 plus if u fork out for new gearing (mine runs at about 70) ... it has a belt drive and doesnt seem phased by its .21 engine
That's the three speed version you're referring to? That's not legal for racing though
Old 05-25-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: YOU and CAR as ONE

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Is WRX a buggy? I don't know that car
WRX... SUBARU IMPREZZA.... WRX... rally car... get it?

1:1 car laaaa...

mop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.