Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7769Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Does anyone have an idea as to when kyosho might release the Sanwa receivers for the Evo chassis? I want to buy a new chassis when they actually are available
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EbbTide
Does anyone have an idea as to when kyosho might release the Sanwa receivers for the Evo chassis? I want to buy a new chassis when they actually are available
Unfortunately there’s been zero info from Kyosho.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Unfortunately there’s been zero info from Kyosho.
Darn I was hoping my Google search skills were just rusty lol
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Darn I was hoping my Google search skills were just rusty lol
Nope. I’m still hoping that the KT-531 receiver will become available before MiniZ season ends. Though I’m having doubts. There’s a real chance I won’t get to run my Evo till the fall. I expect it to be too much for the mini96 track. Supposedly it went on pre-order in Japan last month. But can’t find anything for it.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Nope. I’m still hoping that the KT-531 receiver will become available before MiniZ season ends. Though I’m having doubts. There’s a real chance I won’t get to run my Evo till the fall. I expect it to be too much for the mini96 track. Supposedly it went on pre-order in Japan last month. But can’t find anything for it.
that sucks bud I hope you dont have to wait THAT long for it. I was surprised they were even developing receivers for other radios considering how scarce standard parts can be at times
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:07 PM
Tech Prophet

that sucks bud I hope you dont have to wait THAT long for it. I was surprised they were even developing receivers for other radios considering how scarce standard parts can be at times
Will see what happens. Got 5 racedays left between now and May 10. Pretty much written off any chance for this month. Unless they suddenly become available.
EbbTide and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone else have any clearance issues with the Jomurema body? The top shock hits the rear window and I really don't want to cut a hole in it.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:06 PM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Billy,
i think you will be plesently surprised with the Evo on the MIni-96. Both my MR03’s are now running 48T motors which I believe is close in performance to the 5500KV brushless setup. My MR03’s are a hoot on the Mini-96 and not to much in the slightest.

Also, wait until you have your BZ built, I got about 4 hours of running my GLA on the mini-96 track this weekend and it is super fun. I really did not think I would be able to use all the power but it is no issue at all, my lap record has fallen to 4.76s.

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by LJH

Billy,
i think you will be plesently surprised with the Evo on the MIni-96. Both my MR03’s are now running 48T motors which I believe is close in performance to the 5500KV brushless setup. My MR03’s are a hoot on the Mini-96 and not to much in the slightest.

Also, wait until you have your BZ built, I got about 4 hours of running my GLA on the mini-96 track this weekend and it is super fun. I really did not think I would be able to use all the power but it is no issue at all, my lap record has fallen to 4.76s.

Cheers,
Jim
I would be very surprised if it ran good on the 96. I have expected it would need to be larger to run it. I’ve planned to make track bigger no matter.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
Anyone else have any clearance issues with the Jomurema body? The top shock hits the rear window and I really don't want to cut a hole in it.
It looks like it will work if I move my damper and shock forward by using the 102mm hole on my PN LCG V4 motor mount. Seems to be a common config.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:13 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It looks like it will work if I move my damper and shock forward by using the 102mm hole on my PN LCG V4 motor mount. Seems to be a common config.
have you considered using an LM height damper plate for more clearance? As long as you have the clearance using the more forward hole, you should be fine. But, you may need to adjust springs to dial in the rear. You will have a slight chance in the geometry of the damper.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EMU
have you considered using an LM height damper plate for more clearance? As long as you have the clearance using the more forward hole, you should be fine. But, you may need to adjust springs to dial in the rear. You will have a slight chance in the geometry of the damper.
Yeah, that would probably work. Is Kyosho still the only one that offers an LM plate?

For now, I might just use a smaller shim under the post and see if that gives me an extra mm or two. Worst case scenario, I just use a different body.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:59 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah, that would probably work. Is Kyosho still the only one that offers an LM plate?

For now, I might just use a smaller shim under the post and see if that gives me an extra mm or two. Worst case scenario, I just use a different body.
R246 have two different models, one is 98mm only and mounts in the low position (MML) and one is 102mm in the low position but can mount in the high position (above adapter/mount) for 98mm. 3Racing has one LM which only mounts in the low position.

I have designed my own to be 3d printed, loosely based on the 3racing model which I had to reference. If you plan to race under production class rules (PN), 3d printed parts are not permitted. I personally do not agree with this rule if the parts are available to be purchased in an online an such as shapeways, but I don't write the rules. The white models are the prototype, red/blue production sample. I am revising tonight to have both print in one part, adding a 102mm damper plate, and slotting the top shock mount for fine adjustment rather than using holes. I spaced the red arms further away from center than the 3racing LM adapter to give more space for the damper to move laterally. It also allows me to use the titanium atomic LM plate with my adapter (which was not planned).

AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:55 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would be very surprised if it ran good on the 96. I have expected it would need to be larger to run it. I’ve planned to make track bigger no matter.
Billy,
I am quite sure you will be pleasant surprised running the Evo on the Mini-96.

Cheers,
Jim
Billy Kelly and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:14 AM
Tech Initiate

I run my EVO on the 96. I feel that the 6T pinion is more than enough paired with the 5600kv motor.
Billy Kelly and AlvBo like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.