Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HK Talk Version 1.1

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rking
Manticore and ME student - what about the xray... any feedback on it? btw, how much is the kx1 in hongkong... here in manila its about US$284
I have Xray and YM34. they are the BEST car that I have. Go get one and you wont be sorry !
KAKAKAKA

I said so because I have these cars !! excuse me !!
Old 09-26-2001, 07:51 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

Dtm: I see... So, what's the main difference between the first and 2nd generation?? I think you got one 1st generation and two 2nd generation... am I right?? I feel interested in SV10 coz of a Japanese RC VCD... The Kawada Team driver (I forgot how to spell his name) drove his SV10 in a small tight track with a very smooth pace. This gave me a deep impression...
Old 09-26-2001, 08:04 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

Mars: I found that it's difficult to control 'steering' of a pro3 with 'throttle'... I mean when entering a tight corner, sometimes we can give the car a little more 'throttle' so that the rear of the car starts to skid a little bit and we can enter the corner more easier and faster... However, I found that it seems that it doesn't work to my pro3... if you give the car a little more throttle, it will not skid but go away the apex!!
So, I have to change to drive the car slow when enter a corner, steer and dashes out of the corner as fast as possible!!!
Any comments to me?
Old 09-26-2001, 08:18 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

aiya, i got a problem....(dont know if its a problem or not)

i got a "super"(the brand) AA charger...to charge my 1200mah NewStar batteries....

but after like one hour or so....the charger gets so damn hot r.....

anybody know why that is? is 1200mah too powerful??
Old 09-26-2001, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

fai: i see. I dont' know about the characteristics of pro3. But I think you can still change the setup a bit the achieve the way of handling you prefer. will you go to track on Fri?
Old 09-26-2001, 09:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Manticore: what about the XRAY how much is it in HK? does it come with the hudy tools? i heard that the xray runs best at large to medium tracks... i'm planning to rung the car here in a really tight track

Thanks guys for the replys
Old 09-26-2001, 10:10 PM
Tech Champion

Manticore: what about the XRAY how much is it in HK? does it come with the hudy tools? i heard that the xray runs best at large to medium tracks... i'm planning to rung the car here in a really tight track

yes the kit here includes the ssetup tools. actually i find the car has good steering and it does suite tight track
Old 09-26-2001, 11:05 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

Mars: Yes, so, I'm now running the car with different set-ups and see what they affect the pro3.
Forgot to tell you that I 'secretly' went to Kai Tak this Monday... I found that On Tau was having fun with his Kx-one!
Friday, Kai Tak?
Old 09-27-2001, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Anybody know when will Yokomo release its new TC?
Old 09-27-2001, 01:55 AM
Tech Addict

Diva: they are going to release a new car soon? any info on that?dont tell me its going to be like the new MX-4 in the world off road champ warm up race..... mid motor and saddle pack...
Old 09-27-2001, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

fai: yes, I need to test my 1/12 at kai tak
Old 09-27-2001, 03:20 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Mars: I saw two familar racers running 1/12 on Monday, they were really fast and consistent... Maybe you can chase with them tomorrow!!
Old 09-27-2001, 03:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Diva
Anybody know when will Yokomo release its new TC?
Anytime, I know the ahmasan who works at Yokomo and she said masami is throwing away current MR4TC parts and hop ups !!
Old 09-27-2001, 05:42 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fai
Dtm: I see... So, what's the main difference between the first and 2nd generation??
Thr first generation only has two vertical upper decks. The second general has the 2 vertical decks plus one more horizontal deck so it is a lot stiffer. The 1st gen came std with nice alloy gearboxes but the 2nd gen is an option (except for the lastest version of the kit). The hubs on the 2nd gen is pushed out further so the car is more stable. The damper plates have changed. The 2nd gen has a narrower chassis bottom plate.. this was an option with the first gen....... I can go on. Basically it is a very different car but with similar handling characteristics! I think I have gone on long enough!
Old 09-27-2001, 05:43 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

The T1 is just as good on a tight track! Just depends how you set the car up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.