Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Silly Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
I didnt say Ty wasn't dominant. I said he didn't win by two laps, (which is true, if I cross the line 1 second before you, and make the next lap, do I win by a lap? Well you can argue that point but not when saying someone is one lap faster. And Ronnefalk actually looked like he had him beat at NC, but he flamed out multiple times. So he isn't unbeatable. Did he dominate? Yes. Is he unbeatable? No. Is he World Champion? Yes. Is he the best driver in the world? One of them.

Let's stick to reality.
And he couldn't catch Kyle at Silver State, watched the whole race, Ty tried to push but wasn't consistent and slowly dropped away. One of the only times the Amercians were beaten on home soil in a big meet.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by willbe
May want to pick a race that Ty's not good at to question how dominant he was in 14'.

2014 Dirt- Ty was in first all but laps 6 thru 12 out of 60 laps made in Buggy. That's a 90% lead by my math. Ronnefalk was impressive coming in 4th with the engine issues. Lead All 62 laps in truggy. Wow

Ifmar worlds posted results:
1 Tessmann, Ty 2 94 52:34.122 37.183 9998
2 Cavalieri, Ryan 5 92 52:02.555 37.757 9998
3 Wernimont, Carson 7 92 52:06.669 37.597 4.114 9998

You were there and would know if a timing error had occurred. He still lapped the field. He and Maifield made a mistake. One vehicle survived, which is racing
Let me start by saying that Ty is clearly the Number 1 driver in the world. With that said its not as dominant as you and other are making it seem. Here are some examples. At nitro challenge there was no denying that Ronnefalk was the fastest driver in the main, but had engine issues. Could Ty have matched his pace when David caught up? we don't know. At the IFMAR worlds he was in control the entire event, BUT Maifield definitly had something for him in the main if it wasn't for the broken servo from the back chicane section (also maifield did start on pole with the faster semi time.) Also If you were actually following the event you would know that Lee Martin was right there the entire event and looked incredible in the semi Pushing Tessmann VERY HARD before his problems. Last is the 2014 ROAR nats when Dakota definitely looked to be a challenger until he flew off the back of the track and nobody saw him. AND dont forget the Maifield had the lead coming into the last lap and raced him to the end. With a old school AE that rctech people call a dinosaur. lol

But Ty kept his car together and didn't have problems and came out with the wins in all of those cases. But to say nobody has a chance of beating him is definitely not true.

Last edited by Manufacturercup; 01-15-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Has he ever had problems himself. His equipment appears to always run flawlessly.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've not really seen him have any issues tbh and I know people say his kit runs without issue but I think a bit of luck comes into it, I'm not saying he isn't brilliant at what he does but a little luck can go a long way ,I mean as cody king said at the 2014 worlds "everything has to be right to win the worlds".

Now with that said I think if lee martin hadn't of broke in that semi, hara hadn't as he puts it "forgot how to drive" and maifield didn't have any problems it could of been a very different race,whether ty still would of won who knows.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

I don't believe in luck. It is either meant to be or it isn't. Being well prepared is a big part of success.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The best drivers always seem to be the most prepared and have the most "luck"

National and World Champions may not always have the fastest lap of an event, but running a consistently quick and relatively error-free pace for a 45 or 60 minute event really takes something altogether different. This is what makes 1/8 Nitro Offroad the best thing going in RC. Speed and quickness are important no doubt, but it is how a driver and team manage the other factors that wins you championships.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Ty Tessmann

JQ you are funny and a straight up hater. I'm tied of reading about you chiming in on the Ty's accomplishments in a negative light. The fact is that in the history books he is the best Rc 1/8 buggy driver in the world for the next two years. End of discussion. Who cares what happen at the others races, in which he coincidentally wins 95% of the time which is amazing in itself. I'm tired of everyone digging in the "what if barrow" when it comes to this guy. Sure someone maybe faster but you have to finish the race to win. Dakota this Mayfield that, sure these guys have the speed to beat him but they haven't.

JQ since you like facts here are a few. At the worlds Ty falls to 10th place on the first lap. By first pitstop hes up to second place. He didnt just catch larry the weekend race warrior, he caught the worlds fastest racers. Is that not impressive enough? Also neither you nor any of your sponsored team drivers or anyone in the world that owns a JQ can beat him. Now thats a fact for yo a$$!!...

Now I support all racers and all brands but Ty is a bad boy. He and his dad/mom are in a league of there own. Hes not invincible and he can be beat at any given race but until the said names consistently beat him and only then can we say hes not the most dominant racer. Until then STFU!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2015, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JQ
Ty....Is he the best driver in the world? One of them.

Let's stick to reality.
Yes, how about this for reality:
The World Championship is held in order to decide who is the best driver in the world.
Ty Tessmann, by virtue of being world champion, IS the best driver in the world.

You however, rank highly for best internet troller, I'm a bit jealous, I did my best, but I am unable to compete. I bow down to your immense trolling skills, there's simply no match for you in terms of being a massive troll.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Racing is so nerdy.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

New flash. Eivind E now sponsored by JQ!
Old 01-15-2015, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
New flash. Eivind E now sponsored by JQ!
If he wanted to sponsor me I'd probably listen to his suggestions.
I'll be F5'ing my inbox tab.

I currently run HB and Torrance Deguzman has been very nice to me.
But I'm not sponsored by them, so if I wanted to buy a new car, I'd basicly have to go online and pay full price for it.
I'm going to all sorts of faraway places to race this year. Phoenix AZ, Herts UK, Italy..
Costs add up. So if someone wanted to give me a couple of car kits my ears are open to that.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Man...a heated debate about Canadians and Hockey wasn't mentioned yet.

2014 was Ty's year, almost everything went well to him. DNC/Neo/Worlds... His team and ride had to be like clockwork. Congratulations to him and his parents.
Now the other top racers have to look back at what can be improved: change the engine...chassis...becoming a better driver...better strategy...whatever to stay in front.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:56 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kpjr7321
JQ you are funny and a straight up hater. I'm tied of reading about you chiming in on the Ty's accomplishments in a negative light. The fact is that in the history books he is the best Rc 1/8 buggy driver in the world for the next two years. End of discussion. Who cares what happen at the others races, in which he coincidentally wins 95% of the time which is amazing in itself. I'm tired of everyone digging in the "what if barrow" when it comes to this guy. Sure someone maybe faster but you have to finish the race to win. Dakota this Mayfield that, sure these guys have the speed to beat him but they haven't.

JQ since you like facts here are a few. At the worlds Ty falls to 10th place on the first lap. By first pitstop hes up to second place. He didnt just catch larry the weekend race warrior, he caught the worlds fastest racers. Is that not impressive enough? Also neither you nor any of your sponsored team drivers or anyone in the world that owns a JQ can beat him. Now thats a fact for yo a$$!!...

Now I support all racers and all brands but Ty is a bad boy. He and his dad/mom are in a league of there own. Hes not invincible and he can be beat at any given race but until the said names consistently beat him and only then can we say hes not the most dominant racer. Until then STFU!!!!!!!!!
We basically agree, except for the idiotic statements you made which happen to be most of your post.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:01 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Eivind E
If he wanted to sponsor me I'd probably listen to his suggestions.
I'll be F5'ing my inbox tab.

I currently run HB and Torrance Deguzman has been very nice to me.
But I'm not sponsored by them, so if I wanted to buy a new car, I'd basicly have to go online and pay full price for it.
I'm going to all sorts of faraway places to race this year. Phoenix AZ, Herts UK, Italy..
Costs add up. So if someone wanted to give me a couple of car kits my ears are open to that.
If you mean the Nitro Challence, you should come and say hello then, instead of just hating online, come and tell me how much I suck to my face.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.