Mugen MTX-3

Old 12-04-2003, 05:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Cartman
sorry but it will make NO diferance the wheerl is still clamped to the wheel hex
oh yeah...due the fixxed wheel holders.
sorry I forgot that for a while..
Old 12-04-2003, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Smile 16/19 overdrive conversion

The 16/19 conversion belts...
Ebay Item number: 3162255614
$6.95 each

Old 12-04-2003, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default luv this mugen

just went through my mtx3 after a great sunday of racing. I raced the car just a little over an hour, not including 10 minutes of practice in the morning. I ran 3 five minute qualifyers,won the 20 minute b main, and made it through 27 minutes of the a main (my rx battery dumped on me at the 27 minute mark) The most amazing thing is I did not touch the steering trim all day and when I went through the car today all the settings (camber, toe, etc.)were still pretty much right on. Coming from the ntc3 i still can not believe this. I had several crashes during the day that i truly believe would have ended the qualifyer/race if i were using my ntc3, with the mtx3 it just took all the abuse of my poor driving skills and kept tracking straight asking for more. I am by no means saying the mugen is faster than my ntc3 but the durability of the mugen is astounding. One question i do have though after going through the car I have noticed that the bearings do seem more vulnerable in the mugen compared to my ntc3. The bearings were quite dirty but i guess this is normal, about how many race days are you all getting out of the bearings on your mtx3 before replacing them entirely.
thank you
sb
Old 12-04-2003, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

i have used mine for a season and they are still ok
Old 12-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: luv this mugen

hi, i clean out my bearings after every race meet and re-oil them up again and they feel better than new, ive had my mtx2 for 3years now and i never had to replace a bearing yet!!! i'll have to wait and see what the mtx3 will be like, but i think i wont have any problems.

jeremy.

Originally posted by sbmon
just went through my mtx3 after a great sunday of racing. I raced the car just a little over an hour, not including 10 minutes of practice in the morning. I ran 3 five minute qualifyers,won the 20 minute b main, and made it through 27 minutes of the a main (my rx battery dumped on me at the 27 minute mark) The most amazing thing is I did not touch the steering trim all day and when I went through the car today all the settings (camber, toe, etc.)were still pretty much right on. Coming from the ntc3 i still can not believe this. I had several crashes during the day that i truly believe would have ended the qualifyer/race if i were using my ntc3, with the mtx3 it just took all the abuse of my poor driving skills and kept tracking straight asking for more. I am by no means saying the mugen is faster than my ntc3 but the durability of the mugen is astounding. One question i do have though after going through the car I have noticed that the bearings do seem more vulnerable in the mugen compared to my ntc3. The bearings were quite dirty but i guess this is normal, about how many race days are you all getting out of the bearings on your mtx3 before replacing them entirely.
thank you
sb
Old 12-04-2003, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Is the latest version of the MTX3 w/motor the one with the MR12, or is their a newer version?
Old 12-04-2003, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

CHARLIE GOT GAS ???
Old 12-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by CIVIC91
Is the latest version of the MTX3 w/motor the one with the MR12, or is their a newer version?
It comes with the MR-12.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by racecar850
CHARLIE GOT GAS ???
Sure hope he excuses himself!!
Old 12-05-2003, 03:36 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: luv this mugen

Originally posted by sbmon
thank you
sb
Dude ... you are most mistaken to say the Mugen bearings are vulnerable compared with the TC3. The TC3 bearings will break easily when you shunt the car, I used to drive one and I know, a few of my pals driving it have the same problems. All bearings will get dirty when you run the car. I would say the Mugen bearings will last about 6-8 months (assuming you run it twice a week or about 8-10 tanks) before you notice they are running slightly rough.

Bearings that usually wear will be the ones for the wheels and those holding the drive cups. As for cleaning the front bearings on the wheels you need not take off the knuckle. Just remove the upper arm from the hinge pin and its easier ... you will not change the front camber.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:12 AM
Tech Champion

I also read in a recent add that the newer Foams (Fast Tires) are for the MTX3 only....so do all foams fit, or do u need a special offset? or inner rim diameter?
Old 12-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Default you can run any tires on the MTX-3

you just have to set your car width to the tire that you decide to run.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: you can run any tires on the MTX-3

Originally posted by RC Racer X
you just have to set your car width to the tire that you decide to run.
I set up my car for standard 200mm and then I started to play with GQ 2mm off set tires, it was fun to see the car's butt holding much more but at the cost of slower turning in rate ...
Old 12-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Smile 16/19 conversion belts

more 16/19 conversion belts available!

Ebay Item number: 3162890563

$6.95 each and $3.85 flat shipping to US. Order up to 10 and you still pay $3.85 shipping!

Old 12-07-2003, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

How much difference is there between the MT12 and MR12?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.