Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

so what diff oil combo will give me a stable car with a heap of steering,will 4k help calm the rear down?

sorry for all the question guys
Old 11-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

a thicker oil in the rear will lock in the rear end. also try going thinner in the center. im running 5/5/4 from fromt to rear and that makes the car very stable and easy to drive for me.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

with 5/5/4 do you find the car has plenty of traction and is pretty stable?
Old 11-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

i find that the car is very stable threw everything. and the car is planded with a ride high adjustment depending on the traction conditions
Old 11-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

My car is stable and drives very easy with 5/7/3. Its all in your driving style and track condition/layout.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

Who has the best price on 8ight kits at the moment, I think I want one!!
Thanks Brendan
Old 11-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Probably B Main hobbies...

http://www.bmainhobbies.com/
Old 11-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ridgewaybodies
My car is stable and drives very easy with 5/7/3. Its all in your driving style and track condition/layout.
At our track, the box setup came out not only stable but also with some understeer under braeking....
Old 11-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

If your car has understeer when you're on the brakes, try less front brake before you worry about setup changes.

To ask for a setup that has a ton of steering but more rear traction is pretty silly. If that was possible, every car would be super dialed!

If your car is new, give it some time to break in before you start trying to tune in more rear traction. I recommend trying small ride height and droop changes before you start chasing funny setups.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

lol
Old 11-13-2006, 03:42 AM
Tech Master

Default Air Filter Problem

Hi
Is there any tips on 8's air filter? Every time i ran my 8, the filter keeps clogged by dust. My local track is very dusty (loose dirt might i say). I've try to make dust cover on top of my fuel tank, but it didn't help. And now, i lost my JP engine coz the dirt enter the engine.
Please help. And sorry for my english
Old 11-13-2006, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

add more oil to your filter and make sure the ends are somehow sealed.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Best advice I can give is find some good dirt bike air filter oil. I use Bel-Ray oil. Clean your stock filters (I mean the brand new ones or the old dirty ones) and re-oil with said good quality dirt bike oil. I change my filters often and will change them more than once per day if it's really dusty at the track.

I found the oil that comes on the losi filters is way to thin for my taste. I cleaned them before I ever ran the car. Don't know what they use but it's not put on thick enough for me.

If you can find it, PJ1 makes a great air filter cleaning product to get all the old crap out of them. Twin Air also makes a good cleaning fluid for foam air filters.

As to what Homer said above you can do what we do with dirt bikes and add a small bead of grease to each end of your filter to seal the ends. I haven't done it yet with my 8ight but I used to do just that with my old Mugens
Old 11-13-2006, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Brendan,

I have an assembled one, brand new with a set of new arms in the package still, and a painted body(Just blue with some shadow flames and stripes). I used it for pics and it is going on Ebay today. You won't miss it if you do a search.

...Jim
Old 11-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What A Day!!!

Saturday was Race Day, and I couldn't wait to get out there. My car was ready to go and very dialed. I ran a few practice runs, and was turning pretty good laps, when I noticed my steering was backing off, as in, it started pushing. I also noticced my clutch was slipping a bit, but the retaining screw was rounded off and I couldn't do anything about it yet anyway(figured I'd finish the day an then tear it down). Well, through out the 2 heats it got worse and worse, yet I still managed to come in 3rd, then 2nd. It was really getting hard to drive. I thought either my reciever battery was dead, or the servo saver came loose. I removed the radio tray and cranked down on the servo saver as well as topping off the battery. That did not help, it was still pushing, but I was out of time, and had qualified 4th in the A main. I ran the race, and just tried to make consistant laps, after 15 minutes of hard drivng, not too many mistakes, and a couple good battles, I managed to come in 3rd! I was very proud of myself.

Well, this morning I decided to do a tear down and figure out what's cooking...I found out why my clutch was slipping:

Look what it did to my tank:

Apparently the bearing let go, which let the clutch bell slide forward and BAM, TOASTED!

I'm about to order all the parts, from what I can tell I need the bearings, and shoes, and maybe some of those spacers(they must have fallen out). I don't post this as a complaint, but a testament to how the car will keep driving even with severe damage...hell, I came in 3rd in the A Main!

I still haven't figure out why I had a bad push, the front end seems to be fine. I'll get the clutch sorted out, then I can try and figure out the steering issue...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.