Wiki Posts
Search

i want just a good clean fun rc

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default i want just a good clean fun rc

I have about $250 and I want a good fun rc car. I have a hyper 7 that I love to run up at the track. I'm starting to get more and more into racing. So I thought of buying a used losi 8 roller and saving up and turning it into a nice race buggy. But I was thinking, I'm not going to be a pro racer and will I really do that much better with the 8ight over my hyper? I could always buy a new engine for my hyper in the future if I want it to be more race compatible. So then after thinking of all that, I just started to look around for a good clean rc car that I can take out and abuse and not have to worry about stuff breaking, or it being difficult to me. I was looking at the hpi mt2. I've always liked the look of the off road truck but it kinda looks weak upon further inspection. So I'm kinda stuck. I want a new rc car and I'm willing to save up a little bit more money to get one also. I don't know if I want electric or nitro? But I'm pretty sure I want a off road car because with onroad, you are limited to the concrete. My ultimate question is, what is a good rc car that I don't have to really worry about breaking, it's durable, easy to tune/maintain, and easy on the wallet? (Car can be new or used) Basically, I just want to have fun and not be frustrated.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That description screams slash. It is tons of fun and you can get a used one off the for sale section right now for like 160. Then you can get a couple of nice 7 cell batteries and charger and you should be good. I have one and it never breaks.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Get the Slash, some batteries from http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/ (~$35 for a 7-cell 5000 mah battery if you buy the parts and solder it yourself, or ~$45 if you get it pre-assembled, cheaper than the $50 my lhs charges for a 7-cell 3300 mah), a good charger, and you are set.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I agree on the slash, but I would go with a couple lipo's. I saw a couple in the for sale section for like $40 each. You get considerably more run time out of them.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

slash
Old 02-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

I can sell you my slash right now for 160. I also have 2 7 cell packs from cheapbatterypacks.com that cost 45 a piece. I can also include a yokom 6 cell matched pack. I cant include my charger but those are cheap. I will give you the whole package for 210 + shipping. Check out my f/s thread
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...tball-gun.html
Old 02-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Okay so slash for electric. Now what about nitro?
Old 02-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you are goin to get nitro and just want to bash get a monster truck. They are fun to bash. Just know mmy slash offer is still on the table!