Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Old 02-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Keep the Faith!!

Originally Posted by 5italkart
too bad guess it's on life support,
Big thanks to those who are keeping it going in the remaining "hot spots" of the first and best form of R/C car racing!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I do believe it has to do with the instant gratification thing and expense also has to do with locations to run them any LHS can run a E program in the lot out front and not disturb the neighbors anywhere near what running a nitro event would do when you can buy a RTR E vehicle for the price of a chassis or engine with 1/10 the time to maintain and prep but this has been said before personally i wish i could afford and lived somewhere i could run nitro year round
Old 02-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Default Instant Gratification...

Originally Posted by azeroth
I do believe it has to do with the instant gratification thing and expense also has to do with locations to run them any LHS can run a E program in the lot out front and not disturb the neighbors anywhere near what running a nitro event would do when you can buy a RTR E vehicle for the price of a chassis or engine with 1/10 the time to maintain and prep but this has been said before personally i wish i could afford and lived somewhere i could run nitro year round
Totally agree. Added to what you mention is the track surface/area required. It takes a lot of time, money, and commitment to build a nitro (gas) in my day!) track. Racers are so spoiled with the great facilities for racing that they expect nothing less.
Nearly all the successful nitro on-road tracks that I am aware of are "permanent" facilities that have ten's of thousands of $ in the facility. I can't help but wonder how the current crop of racers would react to setting up and tearing down the track for every race. Most probably never heard of "Race, Marshall, Score"!
One last comment has to do with the cars being so fast and relitively fragile. The nature of the cars requires a smooth track with great traction or many complain. We tried to run 1/10 Sedans on our electric TC track and they were just too darn fast, shifting into second just when you needed to turn at the end of the straight. Suggestions were made to run single speeds and/or restricted engines, but nobody would even try it.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

LOL yea race marshall score. electric in this area was 12th scale only and nitro was Pan, ae just released the rc 300
Old 02-18-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Default I remember it well!

Originally Posted by azeroth
LOL yea race marshall score. electric in this area was 12th scale only and nitro was Pan, ae just released the rc 300
Old 02-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Taylorm
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psca6c8f8a.jpg
go ahead trash talk this up...its ok....i cant take it Joe
.......Your car looks great but how do you adjust camber on the front end??
Old 02-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Default Pan car camber adjusstment?

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
I could be a smart a$$ and say "camber, we don't need no stinkin' camber!" But, although it is more difficult, it was done "back in the day". One method is to machine/sand material from the bottom of the front end pieces to the camber angle you want. Then you can use tapered shims to fine tune. or you just make tapered shims... (When you remove material it also allows you to adjust ride height, using shims.)

I know-Too much work!

(I answered for Matt for two reasons: 1) he should be working and 2) he's so young, he might not know!!!)
Old 02-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
I could be a smart a$$ and say "camber, we don't need no stinkin' camber!" But, although it is more difficult, it was done "back in the day". One method is to machine/sand material from the bottom of the front end pieces to the camber angle you want. Then you can use tapered shims to fine tune. or you just make tapered shims... (When you remove material it also allows you to adjust ride height, using shims.)

I know-Too much work!

(I answered for Matt for two reasons: 1) he should be working and 2) he's so young, he might not know!!!)
if i may answer for him, youre too old too remember
Old 02-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
.......i suppose shims on the front ends of the arms....not to worried about camber/caster up front at this time....hopefully a mill will be in my garage in the near future....then a whole scratch front end will be built also....
Old 02-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default Delta P4 prototype chassis

I have a Delta P4 chassis and I have scanned through the instructions and gotten some information from the internet.It looks as though the car has never been driven. The pulleys and belts show no wear. The bottom of the chassis doesn't have a scratch on it. There is one bag of parts that has the motor mounts and some hardware. Another bag that seems to have What I believe is a spool and belt for the front with some bearings, dog bones and the out drive for one side of the spool.In this bag I have what looks to be a small pulley and and mount to be a beil tensioner. I have another bag that has a brand new diff kit still sealed in the bag with the header card. I have another bag that is sealed with the header card missing the label but is a 2 speed transmission. I have another sealed bag with the header card which is a 7mm flywheel kit. I have only 2 shocks with it. I'm looking to find out what I need to complete the car.

Was there a swaybar on these cars or was this optional?
What if any thing else you can see in the pictures may be missing.
Can someone give me a clue as to what this may be worth?
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-delta-p4-006.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-delta-p4-007.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-delta-p4-008.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-delta-p4-009.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-delta-p4-005.jpg  

Old 02-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hey

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.......i suppose shims on the front ends of the arms....not to worried about camber/caster up front at this time....hopefully a mill will be in my garage in the near future....then a whole scratch front end will be built also....
If I get around to it, I'll mock up another front end like on mine which you can use on yours....
Old 02-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro neil
I have a Delta P4 chassis and I have scanned through the instructions and gotten some information from the internet.It looks as though the car has never been driven. The pulleys and belts show no wear. The bottom of the chassis doesn't have a scratch on it. There is one bag of parts that has the motor mounts and some hardware. Another bag that seems to have What I believe is a spool and belt for the front with some bearings, dog bones and the out drive for one side of the spool.In this bag I have what looks to be a small pulley and and mount to be a beil tensioner. I have another bag that has a brand new diff kit still sealed in the bag with the header card. I have another bag that is sealed with the header card missing the label but is a 2 speed transmission. I have another sealed bag with the header card which is a 7mm flywheel kit. I have only 2 shocks with it. I'm looking to find out what I need to complete the car.

Was there a swaybar on these cars or was this optional?
What if any thing else you can see in the pictures may be missing.
Can someone give me a clue as to what this may be worth?
Here are pics of what i have in the bags. I also have 4 rims for the front and 2 for the rear. I have no tires
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-delta-p4-010.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-delta-p4-011.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-delta-p4-012.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-delta-p4-013.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-delta-p4-014.jpg  

Old 02-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Default Delta Car

Originally Posted by nitro neil
Here are pics of what i have in the bags. I also have 4 rims for the front and 2 for the rear. I have no tires
Hitcharide is the Delta guy on here. He may be able to help. As far as value, check eBay. My guess would be between $400 and $800. Finding tires is a BIG problem. EBay is your best bet there too. If you find tire donuts some where, post it on here, we need them too!

Good luck,
Ned
FYI this is a "Pan" car area, you might have more luck on another forum....
Old 02-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
if i may answer for him, youre too old too remember
.alzheimers is a biaaaatch......alzheimers is a biaaaatch.........wait...who said that.??....
...and yes..i was "at work"....who said anything about actually working..........
Old 02-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
If I get around to it, I'll mock up another front end like on mine which you can use on yours....
email me a pic of what the front looks like....P.L.E.A.S.E..........

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.