Wiki Posts
Search

i need a monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default i need a monster truck

hi i am lookin 4 a mt more then likely i will buy a tmaxx or a revo
i like the maxx cause there is alot of hop ups for it and many styles you can turn it in to plus i can pick one up 4 about 550
the revo looks awesome and the geometry of it kicks butt ,but i havent seen to many hop ups 4 it and its pricey about 750
i need help deciding which one is for me So some one please help me decide.let me know which truck would be better for me
which is the best truck 4 my money and can anyone else get me a better price in canada
thanks 4 your input and help
FARMER666
Old 02-20-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Talking Small block or big Block?

There is nothing wrong with the revo but it is still a small block truck, I havnt had a revo or a t-maxx beet my savage, plus the savage is a much stronger truck.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Tech Rookie

i have been lookin at savages today and am impressed are they really as tough as they say .i am lookin to buy a monster truck in 2 weeks so every one vote and let me know what to buy its down to the Tmaxx vs. the savage i want to know which is best 4 my money.and if you got any deals on one let me know
Old 02-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Tech Rookie

i like t maxx i am gettin 1 soon 4 about 350$
Old 02-21-2005, 04:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Savage all the way, if i was you i would pick up one of those new SS 4.6, u don't need anything and u have a good truck with all goodies installed
Old 02-21-2005, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

If you're getting a new MT, for general bashing or racing - get the Savage 4.6 - all the useful 'mods' are included in the box.

They are super tough, have loads of aftermarket parts available and to be honest, Tmaxx's are a little dated now. HPI offer good aftersales service too.

Revos are very good too, nicely designed, light and have good track potential - small block engine is the only minus point.

If you're looking for something that's quick and easy to race, the HB Lightning Stadium Pro or RTR might be the ticket if you like truggies.

Face it - you're spoilt for choice!!

Old 02-21-2005, 06:36 AM
Tech Rookie

i have heard alot of good stuff about the savage and the tmaxx is a little outdated and i really cant afford a revo but maybe, it looks like the savage is winnin i will probably end up with the .25 rtr
if so what hop ups am i lookin for?
im not new to rc just aint been able to afford much since my daughter patanga was born in 2003 so im very stoked on being able to buy just about any truck i want
Old 02-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Take a look at the Truckzilla thread and also the 'Official' Savage thread - there's lots of info there, but more importantly it should help you decide if the Savage is for you.

But get the 4.6 if you can - it will work out cheaper in the long run (because it includes all the most useful mods as stock - plus a .28 engine).
Old 02-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think both the Revo and the....LST will prove to be very tough trucks in the upcoming offroad season. The suspension and handling of the revo is second to none. It truely is revolutionary. The LST is HUGE and is one of the most stable trucks i think on the market. I think its a good RTR buy. I havent seen too many savages on the track though so cant say much there. my .02
Old 02-22-2005, 12:34 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks everyone keep the posts comin makin my decicion soon
Old 02-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Tech Initiate

I really like my Monster Gt for running around my backyard. Depends what you plan on doing with your monster truck though. If you plan on racing I would recommend the Revo over any of the others. The Savage has always been a really tough bashing truck. I love the way my Monster Gt looks and runs. Can't go wrong with any of those three if you ask me.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Suspended

Location: please try not to look at my avatar to long may cause u know what
Talking

just to let u know the savage .25 isnt a .25 it is a .21 like the others
Old 02-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Whered u here that, dont put bad info in here. it is a .25 engine. the original savage was a .21 then the newer to a .25 then the new ss .28
Old 02-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Savage started as a 21. RTR. Then the Savage .25 RTR came out. Followed by the SS (with a .25). Now the 4.6 RTR with the .28 engine. In the UK, all the different versions are still being advertised by the retailers.

To sum up - the .25 RTR is a .25!!!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Suspended

Location: please try not to look at my avatar to long may cause u know what

from what i have heard its not a .25 but a .21 just markiting it as a .25 so u will by it. it has the same power as th .21.that is just from what i have heard . im not in uk but i am in Canada

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.