Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree39Likes

Graupner transmitter X-8E

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

mostly just info on the feel of the radio. I've been using a futaba 3pm 2.4 for about 6 years now and I'm looking for something different. how does the latency feel? thanks- Al
Old 11-19-2014, 12:30 AM
sbd
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by big al
mostly just info on the feel of the radio. I've been using a futaba 3pm 2.4 for about 6 years now and I'm looking for something different. how does the latency feel? thanks- Al
For me it feels very comfortable, given I have not much to compare to. Much better than Sanwa MX-V. The springs are adjustable and pleasantly soft. I have it set to 6ms latency as my servos and ESC are not able to work at 3 or 1,5 ms settings - these seem to be on higher resolution. Feels very connected though. I tested the 1,5 ms on VRC through the usb adapter which gave 81 fps compared to the 29 I got from the MX-V. What I like is the feedback from receiver. If it is off or you loose connection the transmitter lets you know (bips). Yesterday I found receivers are bound to model memory which is a future nowhere mentioned in the manual. No glitching noticed for now even in setups where previously were issues due to high servo current draw.
I am in EU and got mine with German language fw. I have updated the fw to English. The process run well. I have updated the fw in the receiver too. For this one I had to follow instructions on the graupner.co.kr pages as the manual is basically useless in this regard.
The telemetry with receiver only is working fine, provided half of the info it gives is useless (receiver voltage and temp). The good part of the telemetry is the info for connection stability and strength of signal. I am planning to buy a GM ESC which apparently is able to provide further online telemetry data (RMP, TEMP, V) and be set through the transmitter, much like the sanwa 472+Vortex zero combo. Alas I was not able to find much info or manuals describing how it works but I like to experiment and back engineer.
Big plus for me is the ability to update fw which potentially means new future with old hw. My set came with all cables and adapters to allow update of all graupner hw such as tx, rx, esc, servos.
All in all I like it much. Apart from the lagging documentation though.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Thank you very much for your input! very well though out and useful.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i will be getting mine tommorrow and will be testing it and doing a writeup on here.

i got a spare rx coming too. English version. I have owned the flysky, airtronics m11, and mx-v and used several others like spectrum and futaba.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Very cool, can't wait!
Old 11-21-2014, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

posted up a new thread
Old 12-07-2014, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I am very interested in this seems like great planes is carrying all graupner radios,esc,and motors might have to try a combo also
Old 11-23-2015, 10:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

lol, no one has posted on this in a year.... Anyone actually like this radio?
Old 11-23-2015, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
lol, no one has posted on this in a year.... Anyone actually like this radio?
Skip this radio and get this one instead.

If you have any questions just ask here http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...pner-x-8n.html
Old 11-23-2015, 05:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Skip this radio and get this one instead.

If you have any questions just ask here http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...pner-x-8n.html
doh, I posted on the wrong thread....
Old 11-23-2015, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

graupner said on another thread they are going to try release the 8e sometime first half of 2016.

i have the 8n still and love it. im ready for the 8e. althought i did pick up the new hitec radio and it felt so right in my hand. Looks wierd but feels good.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

Seems like the radio is finally available. Anyone bought one? Can you please share some thoughts?
Old 12-11-2016, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

I bought my wife one of these. Graupner has been around for some time and my wife needed a new transmitter.

As a birthday gift, I ordered her one from tower hobbies. The included rx bound instantly and so on. I ordered her two more GR8's and neither would bind.

We contacted tower and they recommended we contact grauper. The response we got was "update the firmware in the tr and rx(s).

We did that and no change, half the time the firmware update would hang and not complete.

We contatced Graupner again, same response. After a week of this, I contacted tower that I wanted to return this. They said box it up and ship it back for a refund.

I ordered my wife a new transmitter made by RadioLink. I ordered her additional rx's for her buggy, sct and other sct. All 3 bound flawlessly.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:20 AM
Tech Initiate

There must have been something wrong with the transmitter or you were doing something wrong when binding the receivers. When I first got my X-8N I had problems getting the receivers to bind and it was because I was not following the instructions to the letter. I just bound my new X-8E with a bunch of old GR-4 and GR-8 receivers with no problem. There is a little bit of a trick to it and it some times takes me a couple of tries (even with my X-8N). I had no problems binding my X-8E with the old receivers I was using with my X-8N. None of the receivers have had firmware updates and neither has my X-8E. My X-8E is from the second batch that Graupner USA has ordered. It might be running a slightly newer version of firmware.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC10B2
There must have been something wrong with the transmitter or you were doing something wrong when binding the receivers. When I first got my X-8N I had problems getting the receivers to bind and it was because I was not following the instructions to the letter. I just bound my new X-8E with a bunch of old GR-4 and GR-8 receivers with no problem. There is a little bit of a trick to it and it some times takes me a couple of tries (even with my X-8N). I had no problems binding my X-8E with the old receivers I was using with my X-8N. None of the receivers have had firmware updates and neither has my X-8E. My X-8E is from the second batch that Graupner USA has ordered. It might be running a slightly newer version of firmware.
Great to hear that you're having a good experience with the transmitter. I was a bit disappointed by the lack of positive feedback. Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.