brushless motors?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

brushless motors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Well you pretty much said it rcpigz.

Originally posted by Nightbreed
I{snip}

Junk at a high price.
Nightbreed - For every Tamiya, you get a Yokomo and HPI, both very good cars for decent money (Yok is a bit higher and HPI is a bit lower). Just let it be - you let a dumb statement out and got caught. (also - NOT trying to start a "which is better" thread - just take your hands away from the keyboard and step back. . .there ya go! )

As far as getting a "Novak" online with a brushless - I have NO confidence in Novak's design. I would prefer to get an Orion or a Hacker. But to get acceptance here in the US, it's probably going to take Novak - not because we think their products are better, but because Novak has a better American Propoganda Machine than Orion does, and we've never heard of Hacker until recently and never heard, at all, of any other manufacturers .
Old 01-07-2003, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Boomer I like the way u catch ppl when they slip..Ooops.Cheers
But why dont u have any confidence in Novak?of cos Orion has a stable system but dont u think novak can do it?
Old 01-07-2003, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Sorry Guys,
Didn't mean to send the thread so far off course.
Nightbreed....Calm down....I also understand and value Associated products...thats why I sell them. But I do get a little ticked when people dump on the Japanese companies. As a racer,I wish the pricing was a bit better.But I also understand why it's higher. Look at the basics....Associated makes no where near the number of kit choices, nor does it make many other products i.e. Plastic models,books,educational toys. Because many racers have taken the stand that a Tamiya could never be a WORLD CHAMPION level car, the pricing goes up because the buyer numbers are smaller but they put a hell of a lot of R&D into the cars. Regarding quality, I personally think it's great but maybe you don't. Your choice. I know a lot of guy's who aren't thrilled with Associated quality either.
Sorry again, I'll drop this with my last comment. I think we would all learn a lot more and have a healthier hobby if we stayed away from bashing manufacturers. i'm sure the poor Hobby shop owner down the street would stay in business a lot longer if his potential customers weren't reading comments about how badly this or that manufacturer sucks or how badly we HATE a philosophy. If you want to discuss this more...I suggest we start a new thread. Thanks for listening. Yours truly, Father Evo Tamiya. Please bow your heads and let us pray !!

Last edited by Evoracer; 01-07-2003 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Brushless, where does it fit in??

So aside from the mechanics or marketing of brushless, Anybody got thoughts on how it will fit in NOW!! The manufacturers are releasing the product but there doesn't seem to be much of a market. I'm sure some will buy just to bash around in cars and monster trucks. But that's not many people. Anybody think they should be holding off until they have a system that works correctly to serve the classes of racing they had in mind?? Also maybe hold off until our governing bodies put pen to paper and approve there use before we are expected to purchase??

Last edited by Evoracer; 01-07-2003 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default It fits in...

For now, it fits in for people who wants to concentrate on setup and run the car as much as he wants without thinking about his motor and ESC set-up. Until R/C tracks create a brushless class, it's only good for practice and bashing. As soon as they do create a class for it. ... I can only guess.
Old 01-07-2003, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default For Brushless Experts

I have a 7018 Warrior ESC and the Lehner Basic 5300. I am running it in a 10th scale 4wd shaft drive with a Hi-Tec DCX FM Reciever, Airtronics Basic Non-Digital Servo, and a Futaba FM Radio using BEC. The car will
not move without me pushing the car first but after you push it, it will be fine unless it comes from a full stop again, (I am pushing the
trigger slowly) I am geared very low already! Worst yet, when I tried to follow the instructions in setting up neutral and forward positions by pulling out the red jumper and listening to a succession of beeps.
The motor refused to run constantly (running free) and appears like its glitching, moving back and forth irratically when I push the trigger.
Is the ESC or Motor Broken?
What is the proper set-up process, maybe I did it wrong?
Is there a way to reset the Speed control?

Please Help!
Old 01-07-2003, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Default Ok...I was never angry and.

I didn't mess up, that was my opinion and nothing more. Your right rcpigy, I really don't like to bash companies unless I have good reasons. In todays age of communication you can hurt a company bad. HPI USA for example, they had tp cut their other forums, because they would not listen to what there their customers wanted. Its just different strokes for diffrent folks. They all serve a purpose. I do like the Yoke and I think its one of the best car on the market other than price. Also what does a 414m2 cost rcpigy?
Old 01-07-2003, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

There might be better deals if I look around but 310.00 + shipping will get you one. Wanna try one and see how the Evil side lives???
Old 01-07-2003, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

Default Well....

that price is evil, I could get 2 TC3s for that. Thanks rcpigz but I'll pass. My HPI pro 2 was much cheaper and the cars are nearly the same thing. Just kidding...
Old 01-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

had a feeling you'd say something like that...so I did some checking. A factory team tc3 runs 280.00-290.00. Somehow that doesn't add up to what you're saying.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default A sport man, a sport!

A sport is as competitive as the team factory. For just a few bucks you can get the light outdrive hubs, IRS alum input shafts and an alum screw kit if you wanted. Its very, very competitve for less $50.00. For mod I would get the large heatsink. Come on rcpigz give it a try.....
Old 01-07-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

izzyracer:
check my previous post abt the BEC thing.
keep us updated with ur progress with the BL thing cos im sure we're eager to know more.
Nightbreed:a TA04R costs abt only $200.now that is almost identical to the 414m2 except for name.Besides the 414m2 is expensive bcos of the limited production.WAY cheaper than a FTTC3.and i venture to say more competitive than the FTTC3 bcos it doesnt need anymore hop-ups and it has carbon-fibre
Old 01-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

If i ever meet Barry Baker,I'll ask his professional opinion about how competitive your version of the TC3 would be against WORLD CHAMPION Surikarn and his toy quality 414M2.
I think this conversation has turned in to a pissing match.We owe it to the thread starter to get back on track. Hope our little diversion provided some comic relief!! Thanks guy's.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

For all these guys talking about cloging and no punch. I reackon I could get two cars one with brushless and one without and you would not know teh difference and could not pick which one has the brushless in it.

I am talking Hacker systems here and have been doing testing and I think it's great. Most of the guys that are against it are the ones that have not tried it. You will see the light when your mate tries to sell you a motor lathe.

Coxy
Old 01-07-2003, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcpigz
Brushless, where does it fit in??

So aside from the mechanics or marketing of brushless, Anybody got thoughts on how it will fit in NOW!! The manufacturers are releasing the product but there doesn't seem to be much of a market. I'm sure some will buy just to bash around in cars and monster trucks. But that's not many people. Anybody think they should be holding off until they have a system that works correctly to serve the classes of racing they had in mind?? Also maybe hold off until our governing bodies put pen to paper and approve there use before we are expected to purchase??
Anybody want to jump in ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.