Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks like Jeff Brown is doing really well with the car in Calif. this weekend at the nationals. Anyone know what he has done to the setup for the weekend?

Quick question about shocks:
Are people using the factory ones or switching to Tamiya?
Old 06-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Think most people stick with factory ones although alot are using Tamiya 3hole pistons in them They need alittle shimming to space them on the shaft but are a perfect diameter inside
Old 06-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

At the Reedy Race we were using Tamiya 3 hole pistons and taking out bottom o-ring and replacing with a .090 plastic spacer to fill gap. Makes the shock smoother.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Have you guys ever had trouble with inconsistent rear toe on the car? I've got a single 1 degree spacer in the rear of the car on each side (for 1 degree of rear toe) but one of the sides is showing 2 degrees on the setup station. The chassis is brand new, and I checked the bulkheads on a flat surface and can't detect any kind of bend or anything. The rear uprights are both 0 degrees (at least there's no stamp on them) so I don't think I'm running outboard toe by accident. I'm perplexed though. Is it possible one of the uprights is drilled wrong? I suppose I could measure the holes in the chassis, and possibly swap things around to see if the problem follows a particular part.

This is a car I bought used so I didn't have to touch my foam car while our track insists on us running these ridiculous rubber tires for the summer. I really think this car is haunted, it's been nothing but trouble. Maybe that's why it was for sale. :-( I might just convert the foam car to rubber so at least I know what I'm working with. I'm about ready to melt this rubber car down for spare parts. Piece of crap.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Have you guys ever had trouble with inconsistent rear toe on the car? I've got a single 1 degree spacer in the rear of the car on each side (for 1 degree of rear toe) but one of the sides is showing 2 degrees on the setup station. The chassis is brand new, and I checked the bulkheads on a flat surface and can't detect any kind of bend or anything. The rear uprights are both 0 degrees (at least there's no stamp on them) so I don't think I'm running outboard toe by accident. I'm perplexed though. Is it possible one of the uprights is drilled wrong? I suppose I could measure the holes in the chassis, and possibly swap things around to see if the problem follows a particular part.

This is a car I bought used so I didn't have to touch my foam car while our track insists on us running these ridiculous rubber tires for the summer. I really think this car is haunted, it's been nothing but trouble. Maybe that's why it was for sale. :-( I might just convert the foam car to rubber so at least I know what I'm working with. I'm about ready to melt this rubber car down for spare parts. Piece of crap.
Thats shit man may be the rear upright has been bend or your setup systems is bend! But the car can have tweak so if your car is tweaked nothing is right you know! screw the topdeck a bit lose and ask some friend if he can push the chassis againts something flat and then screw your topdeck good!
Greetings Ollie
Old 06-11-2006, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just losen your bulkheads from the chasiss and losen your arms as well. Retighten then, like a torque pattern so to say, and that should take car of it. I was pulling my hair out about a month ago over the same thing.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Could it be the result of slop in suspension. Check and shim the car.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Congrats to Jeff Brown on a Great Nationals!!
Old 06-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Lord

I noticed on his carpet nats setup that Tosolini used the 2.4mm topdeck with the 3.9mm chassis. Everything I've learned about carpet setups seems to indicate that you want to make the car as stiff as possible, especially when the traction comes up, like at a big race. What would be the advantage (or reason) for putting the thin topdeck on in a situation like that?

Or, was that just a typo?
Old 06-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

I noticed on his carpet nats setup that Tosolini used the 2.4mm topdeck with the 3.9mm chassis. Everything I've learned about carpet setups seems to indicate that you want to make the car as stiff as possible, especially when the traction comes up, like at a big race. What would be the advantage (or reason) for putting the thin topdeck on in a situation like that?

The 3.9mm chassis is for direct steer and allot of steer and the 2.4mm topdeck is for the back to be stabile!
On rubber you have to do the other thats 2.4mm chassi and 2.9 topdeck thats for rubber on Carpet!
Old 06-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Congrats to Jeff Brown on a Great Nationals!!

Yeah, way to go Jeff, as well as Mike bruce, Shad and TJ.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

We need Jeffs Setup asap.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Ollie RDX
The 3.9mm chassis is for direct steer and allot of steer and the 2.4mm topdeck is for the back to be stabile!
On rubber you have to do the other thats 2.4mm chassi and 2.9 topdeck thats for rubber on Carpet!
Yea, but that was a foam tire race. It kind of goes against conventional setup wisdom to combine the stiffest car possible with a thin topdeck when you're running on foam. That's why I'm wondering if it was a typo.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

He did use the 2.4 topdeck. That topdeck gave the car a little more steering at the sacrifice of a tiny bit of corner speed. In mod you need the car to turn hard, and also carry speed, but not like stock where roll speed is the name of the game.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It wasnt a typo. Carpet nats had some weird bumps in the track.... I'm not exactly sure why Robbie and Toso setteled on the 2.4mm upper deck... but it was probably only because it was faster for the conditions at Carpet nats.

-Korey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.