Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Matt Francis Retires >

Matt Francis Retires

Matt Francis Retires

Old 08-14-2005, 07:41 AM
Tech Rookie

It is a sad day indeed. I've know matt for many years. I've raced with him on many occasions. No matter who you were he would answer your questions. He has always been an icon in the RC world and he will be greatly missed. Good luck with your new ventures Matt!

Cliff Scott
Old 08-14-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Sad to see he is leaving major competition. I got to meet him this past year at the novak race. Great guy easy to talk to very helpful. Hopefully he will come to a few more novak races.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 08-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Best of luck to Matt if this is so.

MF has a lot of great aspirations. I think his drive will carry over well with his chosen career.

After spending a good amount of time over the years with MF it is clear that his influence will continue to live well beyond his day to day involvement in r/c.

He is great representative not only to himself but the companies he has been involved in.

It has been a pleasure to have race, wrenched and competed with MF. I am sure that many of his friendships will go continue well beyond rc. He is truly in a special class of competitors and talent that have come from a line of accomplished racers like Gil Jr., Ron Rossetti, Jack Johnson, Joel Johnson. He was able to mold a lot of skill, knowledge and personality into an industry that lacks that kind of persona.

I however don’t think he should hang it up yet, his cohorts of Baker, Kinwald, Cyrul, Hodapp, Toss, Easton and Pavidas still have a lot of run left in them to give the *new* young guys a lot of run of their contingency money

If it is so, good luck Matt. As a parting present, I would give you a bottle filled with every cheer, holler, yell, applause, and "Go Matt" that you have heard in all of your years of r/c, on and off of the track. Just so you could crack it open once in while to have a listen at a great career. My bet is that it might make you think of hitting the track one more time.

Look forward to seeing that.

all the best.

md
Old 08-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Nicely put, Mark.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MDawson
Best of luck to Matt if this is so.

MF has a lot of great aspirations. I think his drive will carry over well with his chosen career.

After spending a good amount of time over the years with MF it is clear that his influence will continue to live well beyond his day to day involvement in r/c.

He is great representative not only to himself but the companies he has been involved in.

It has been a pleasure to have race, wrenched and competed with MF. I am sure that many of his friendships will go continue well beyond rc. He is truly in a special class of competitors and talent that have come from a line of accomplished racers like Gil Jr., Ron Rossetti, Jack Johnson, Joel Johnson. He was able to mold a lot of skill, knowledge and personality into an industry that lacks that kind of persona.

I however don’t think he should hang it up yet, his cohorts of Baker, Kinwald, Cyrul, Hodapp, Toss, Easton and Pavidas still have a lot of run left in them to give the *new* young guys a lot of run of their contingency money

If it is so, good luck Matt. As a parting present, I would give you a bottle filled with every cheer, holler, yell, applause, and "Go Matt" that you have heard in all of your years of r/c, on and off of the track. Just so you could crack it open once in while to have a listen at a great career. My bet is that it might make you think of hitting the track one more time.

Look forward to seeing that.

all the best.

md

HERE HERE!!!!! Well put Mark!!! That pretty much sums it up for me as well.

Brant
Old 08-14-2005, 06:29 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Where is the officilal announcement at?

His name in on the entry list for the carpet race in vegas.

Good luck Matt if it's true
Old 08-14-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

thats suck!!! i wish its not true!!1
it seem to be a nice guys and cant leave this hobby like this!!
and i know is pretty fast!
Old 08-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

he is still gonna race the vegas race, and maybe a few races, but nuttin like he has been last 15 yrs.....

LaTa JoSh
Old 08-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good luck Matt.
Boy, Team Losi doesn't know whether to crap and go blind or shut one eye and fart. We have been getting the snot beat out of us at all the big off road races and now the "MF" in "MF2" is leaving... Who's next???
Does anyone else feel this way? When it rains, it pours. I guess AE felt this way when everyone kept switching over to Losi. What comes around obviously goes around.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Last edited by dkj-M3; 08-15-2005 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Good luck Matt, and even though I never met you in person, I wish you the best of luck.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

I'm kinda hoping this is a BE style retirement. Get out for a while, make some green, relax and come back to kick some @$$! While thats not exactly a BE retirement I hope he makes a BE style comeback and comes home to the big blue AE!

Whatever you do is cool Matt...We just want you to be happy dude! I was actually kinda looking forward for maybe getting the chance to pros like you and Baker and Hodge at the Region 12 Carpet Champs. There'll be times in the future I guess (I'm about the only decent racer in NorCal who has never met Matt Francis...shoot, that fact has already left a few of my buddies speechless )
Old 08-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

i honestly could care less on the losi/associated arguement. Matt is one of the coolest people ever.not just in rc racing...i have had the pleasure of racing with/against him on numerous occassions and he even drove about 400 miles to come to my birthday party one time.. I consider him a good friend and although i dont get to see him much and talk to him as much as i used to,i will always be a fan of his.....good luck Matt and you can always hit me on the cellie..
Old 08-15-2005, 12:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

I only met Matt a couple of times and never hung out with him, but it was immediately clear that he was easily one of the most approachable pro racers at any race. Good luck you to Matt, whatever you decide to do!
Old 08-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

matt bails.. kinwaldo is sicko around contracto time. Is it changing of the guard or musical drivers?

Looks like we'll find out around Electric On-Road Nats time.

*ovaltine commercial*

This post for entertainment purposes only. Offer not available with other coupons, specials or daily park passes. While supplies last. Not redeemable for cash value

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.