Wiki Posts
Search

best chargers

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default best chargers

guys i need your input on this... can you tell me the best 6 pack battery chargers y'ol know... post your links or post your comments... peak chargers... intelligent chargers... the best charger existing that y'ol know... please do post it here... the charger that's the bang for the buck... thanks...

Old 09-21-2004, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

You'll get many answers on such an open question - and everybody willę tell you that the the charger they currently own is the best.

The "best" charger dont exist. People have different needs and especially different budgets. Even on a unlimited budget, there still aint one and only "the best".

Since you say 6 pack, I believe it's for the main battery in a EP car. The current best kind of batteries, are GP3300. For these you need at least 6 amps linear charge, adjustable delta peak cut off, adjustable charge rate and no trickle charge (or at least the option of disabling the trickle).

With a charger like this, you'll be able to charge the current NiMh GP3300 and all below.

Before deciding on a budget, is it for bashing, casual racing or hardcore racing?

You'll also have to consider a discharger. I strongly recommend going with a equalizer.

The two cheapest chargers I know of, which fullfill the above, is the CS Electronic Space Charger and the LRP Pulsar Sport.

As a mid range charger, I suggest checking out the Eagle / Indy CDC 6 and the LRP Pulsar Competition.

Some great top of the pop, is CE 35, Futaba CDR 5000 and, ahrg, cant remember the name right now, something english I believe, with individual cell monitoring.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:29 AM
Tech Regular

pro trak ...charger ...... as well ... are top of the line

on a budget do the pulsar sport ....
money's no problem go the cdr 5000
Old 09-21-2004, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by FlyinGT
pro trak ...charger ...... as well ... are top of the line

on a budget do the pulsar sport ....
money's no problem go the cdr 5000
Protrack, that's the name I couldnt remember.
Old 09-21-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

yeah... i'll search on those... and one guy told me while were on the track... there is a charger so intelligent... it can determine anything about your battery... like how many mah... is it nicad or metal hydrite... how much charge it has left... it will also ask you what kind of charging you would like... if its peak, temp, or what ever the charger has... unfortunately... i didn't took the brand name on a piece of paper... that's why im asking you guys some input and search it on the web... thanks alot guys... i'll check on those you've posted... appreciate it...
Old 09-21-2004, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

if your lookin for value and NiMh capability then the superbrain 959 is for you. at tower its 50 bucks
goodluck
Old 09-21-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

The superbrain works ok on AA/aaa/reciever packs but doesn't have the max charge rate required by the sub-c battery packs. It will only do a 4.5 amp max charge rate which isn't good enough. A 5-6+amp charge rate is normal for racing.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

might wanna check out the eagle CDC version 6.

Its a great charger
Old 09-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

gmvis commander/eagle cdc ver 6/novak milleniem/lrp pulsar/ there the best 1s i know of
Old 09-23-2004, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Re: best chargers

Originally posted by slowed2drift
guys i need your input on this... can you tell me the best 6 pack battery chargers y'ol know... post your links or post your comments... peak chargers... intelligent chargers... the best charger existing that y'ol know... please do post it here... the charger that's the bang for the buck... thanks...

go for CDR-5000, just go mine a few months ago.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've been using the Integy 16x5 for a while and like it. It all depends on how much you wanna spend on a charger & what excactly you wanna do with it. Maybe if you gave us a maximum amount of money you wanna spend we could help more.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Yes this is a great charger
http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...40104061498.e9
Old 09-29-2004, 05:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'D like to spend around 100$ or so but i want a charger that if i decide to get into light racing it would be good enough for that so i dont need to buy another one. i bought a duratrax pirrahna and it's pretty much a peice of crap. if i would have known that it will only charge 3A from a ac outlet i would have never bought it. it will do 5A from my truck battery, so any input would be good i like using ebay so a little more expensive charger that i could get cheaper on ebay would help also, thanks guys.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Aadolf
I'D like to spend around 100$ or so but i want a charger that if i decide to get into light racing it would be good enough for that so i dont need to buy another one. i bought a duratrax pirrahna and it's pretty much a peice of crap. if i would have known that it will only charge 3A from a ac outlet i would have never bought it. it will do 5A from my truck battery, so any input would be good i like using ebay so a little more expensive charger that i could get cheaper on ebay would help also, thanks guys.
A LRP Pulsar sport goes for $99 at stormer hobbies ........
it a very good charger ... but it only chargers ..... nothing else ...otherwise its good ..... for basic charging needs ....
Old 09-29-2004, 06:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

i could't find that exact integy charger teeceeracer was talking about on ebay but alot of different ones like it. i need something that has variable rate and can charge at least 5-6A from ac and is not a peice of crap for around 100$ or so. a discharger on it i would't mind either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.