Search

World GT - WGT - 200mm Pan Spec

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Hey, I don't know you!!!!

NORCAR at The Gate is located in Brunswick, OH. It is a 90'x44' CRC FastTrack surface. We run SXT 3.0 compound, and most of the WGT cars currently running at our facility are CRC variants, as well as some Associated 10R5s. Competitive laps at our track are around the 8.4 sec range in 13.5 1s blinky.

http://www.norcarracing.com/
I know you too!

Seriously though, The Gate is an AWESOME facility, and they're hosting the ROAR region 5 Champs this year. WGT is ALWAYS a good time, racing with drivers like Aaron Buran, Wayne Gerber, and the venerable Chuck "Mac-a-Lackin" Mackin.........
Old 02-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Since the cars are so big, the SPEC tire formula seems to work very well. The cars are more forgiving than their 12th scale little brothers, and it seems like it's easier to get new pancar racers "up to speed" in WGT. Plus the Team Purple/Lilac rubber lasts FOREVER.

As for bodies, I really like the GT style shells for the class. I also worry that going to prototype shells could lead to potential dilution of the 12th scale classes. Perhaps a few more choices that actually handle would be nice. I'd love to see a BMW M3, Jag XKR, and an amendment to the rules to allow 911 GT3's. I mean seriously, what's a GT class without 911's?
can't agree more!!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

Like Chris and Wingman I'm really looking forward to the F1/GT Nationals in the UK.

Spec Lilac tyres is the reason I've flown over to two IIC meetings and the last two Snowbirds to race in the World GT class. I don't have to test or buy tyres to carry in luggage, and can test with exactly the same wheel/tyre as we run in the UK.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been racing WGT before they were called WGT. I've seen all the changes and raced them. The 1s and 13.5 in the blinky mode to me is the best version. You need to think like a new racer. With thing the way they are and getting tougher out there we need new racers.With the adjustable ESC racers were burning up the motors and ESC regularly. Since our Series (The Florida state on-road series)stopped and went to blinky that has changed for the best. It has been very competitive racing with one factor taken out (adjustable ESC). Getting someone back into racing and one thing less they have to do, is good for the hobby.I've see guys complain about this class in the past only to get a car and come out and race.It's gaining popularity - just look at this years snowbirds ( to F main). The same for the carpet track in Plant City Fla.- It's the biggest class weekly. The class continues to grow in our series.
Whe it first started being called WGT they had two class 10.5 and 13.5. Everyone went to 13.5.Several things can kill a class before it has a chance to grow and that is Speed.Some think they can handle it but the truth be known they can't handle the speed.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I still have an unpainted Protoform C6 and liked the way it turned. It was a shame when it was discontinued. The 3 current bodies mentioned earlier all work well and fit the class nicely. I have run the Sophia, an Alpha Romeo 8c Competizione variant. I'm going to try the Aston Martin DB9 next and will probably try the Ferrari at some point.

I personally don't mind the slightly misshapen bodies, they go right along with the slightly out of scale wheels and tires. You can still tell what kind of car the body was modeled after. I would prefer they do not go toward the prototype and stay with GT bodies.

What GT bodies past and present should we be asking for?

911 Carrera
Saleen S7
McLaren F1
Old 02-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Subscribed
Old 02-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

If your not in a hurry there is a new body coming but not sure when it will be out.Probably in March?Until then the Sophie is the body to run.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

OOOOOOO

any info you are allowed to give on it? Whos making it?

Shame the CRC/Black Art Merc SLR never made it as that thing looked badass
Old 02-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Nope- might get in trouble. I also know of possible one or two more coming sometime this year.But that's all I can say now until I recieve them in the mail.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Uga
Tech Regular

Sophia is definately the one to run. I was running Corvette for a long time just because of the looks, but then I tried Sophia and it had a lot more steering and steering is the one thing we are always looking for in WGT. If I wanted to run "realistic" bodies, then I would switch to the freaking drift
Old 02-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I was fighting a lack of steering, but I'm working through it. I was running too little camber and it finally showed on my front tires. They were wearing funny and coning. My Pro to LE growing pains. It's still a work in progress, but I'm close now. Anyone who likes to tune, there is plenty to fiddle with in this class. All I can say is strap one on.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

I spoke to Dale at the IIC he said he was thinking about doing a new body but was thinking about something from the Japanese touring car series. My choice would be for the Cadillac CTS coupe that was built on the Corvette chassis. similar to the Sophia but more angular and American.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Super GT 300

Something like this would be cool

Attached Thumbnails World GT - WGT - 200mm Pan Spec-gt300crz.jpg  
Old 02-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

To me that shell is kinda going away from GT and back to touring cars or hot hatch series. GT to me is for proper sports cars, porsches, ferraris, corvettes etc.

Thats a good question actually, what sort of cars do you think of as being "GT"?
Old 02-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

I would actually like it if it went to Lemans style bodys. Silk Cut Jag and all those wonderful looking cars!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.