Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

is there a race schedule......need to know what time to show up thursday and such
Old 03-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

??????
Old 03-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Exclamation Flyer for the Nationals

Go here http://roarracing.com/downloads/entr...arpet_Nats.pdf to get the official flier
Old 03-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

There's no time table on the flyer. We'll have something posted shortly.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

The track will open at 8:00am each day. Actual race schedule will be announced after on-site registration ends.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BBSpence
The track will open at 8:00am each day. Actual race schedule will be announced after on-site registration ends.
Thanks Billy, I was just putting in for leave and was wondering what time the doors would open. Real excited to get up there and race!

Christopher
Old 03-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool Thank You Billy !

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
Glad to see some people starting to sign up. For those on the fence about going because the turnout is lite please consider supporting this race. We need to support ROAR and everything they are doing to make racing good for all of us, I know there are alot of people waiting to see what the turnout is but come on and let's make this a success.

If we do not support Roar then all the other races will be affected because there will be no rules or approval process to make sure things are sanctioned and fair.

I also know mimi's place holds a awesome event and really look forward to going back there to race.

Mike
It's Done It took almost a week but only the Internet Explorer worked for me must be my computer !

Originally Posted by KAHUNA
. Dawn was saying if I was using a AOL Browser it won't let me sign up on line , I'll have to sign up at " The Track " ! . . . .

Done -- Done with Internet Explorer !

Thanks Dawn !

Originally Posted by BBSpence
Did you click on online enrollment?

Yes, you can also sign up at the track.
About Damm time !

Thanks Billy - ( SBS ) !

Hey where is Hess's Name on there I must have missed it somewhere !

Old 03-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Word on the street is telling me that a bunch of Sponsored drivers are going to try and sign up at the track to get away with any pre filtering of drivers.

I'm not attending this race due to many reasons but, I think if you are going to have a true sportsman class it should be strictly enforced. I have noticed some missing signatures on rctech lately and that makes me suspicious. I think if Roar is going this direction we should have a true sportsman champion not a guy that dropped his signature for a week prior and magically gets his sponsors back a day after the race.

I think this "sportsman" rule is one of the many reasons for a pathetic turnout for this race and would hate to see this "sportsman" rule not be enforced and it taint the first Sportsman stock title, if its won by someone everyone but the Roar officials know is sponsored.

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 03-16-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Word on the street is telling me that a bunch of Sponsored drivers are going to try and sign up at the track to get away with any pre filtering of drivers.

I'm not attending this race due to many reasons but, I think if you are going to have a true sportsman class it should be strictly enforced. I have noticed some missing signatures on rctech lately and that makes me suspicious. I think if Roar is going this direction we should have a true sportsman champion not a guy that dropped his signature for a week prior and magically gets his sponsors back a day after the race.

I think this "sportsman" rule is one of the many reasons for a pathetic turnout for this race and would hate to see this "sportsman" rule not be enforced and it taint the first Sportsman stock title, if its won by someone everyone but the Roar officials know is sponsored.
Very well put on all accounts
Old 03-17-2010, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the opinion on a race that you don't plan on attending...
Old 03-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

I may not be attending but I am a paying Roar member.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Larry, Why bother even talking about it here if you are not going. WE all know you guys are holding a race at horsham the same weekend and that is your choice. But to stir crap up at a race you are not even attending sucks.

I am 100% sure Roar will do there best for the sportsman class. Everyone we race with knows who has a sponsor deal.

Posts on forums like this is the main reason these races are getting hurt by comments like this. I wish people would wake up and smell the roses, If we do not have ROAR then we do not have rules , A sanction to race world wide events ,Insurance, ETC, ETC ETC. I know i have not agreed with everything they have done, But i also have been a member for 20 plus years and there have been some GREAT ideas and some horrible ideas. But atleast they are not sitting still and are trying to make are racing more competitive and fair for everyone at the track.

See everyone next week. I hope anyone who reads this shows up and races, Mimi's puts on a great race at a great track and it is making it look like it is all the tracks fault which is far from the case.

Mike

Old 03-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

i for one wish i could go to this race but having started a new job less then a year ago i have to pick and choose my races i go to but i know in CT our turn out has been more this year then in the past three for weekly club races and our trophy races have turned more then a 100 entries at everyone but our entry fee is way lower .

mike you have to agree since you have been in this hobby as long as i have some of the big race entry fees have gotten out of hand i remember national used to cost 50 buck to enter and you got either a motor or a motor and 1 set of rubber tires ..

i agree roar has to have someone at the races to be the enforcer but do we really have to bring in 3 or 4 people to due this ???
Old 03-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Larry, Why bother even talking about it here if you are not going. WE all know you guys are holding a race at horsham the same weekend and that is your choice. But to stir crap up at a race you are not even attending sucks.

I am 100% sure Roar will do there best for the sportsman class. Everyone we race with knows who has a sponsor deal.

Posts on forums like this is the main reason these races are getting hurt by comments like this. I wish people would wake up and smell the roses, If we do not have ROAR then we do not have rules , A sanction to race world wide events ,Insurance, ETC, ETC ETC. I know i have not agreed with everything they have done, But i also have been a member for 20 plus years and there have been some GREAT ideas and some horrible ideas. But atleast they are not sitting still and are trying to make are racing more competitive and fair for everyone at the track.

See everyone next week. I hope anyone who reads this shows up and races, Mimi's puts on a great race at a great track and it is making it look like it is all the tracks fault which is far from the case.

Mike

Mike I know we are friends and I respect you a lot but it is what it is.

I'm a paying roar member and as such I have the right to express my opinion on roar decisions no matter if I'm attending or not.

And how will my post hurt turnout. I was simply trying to bring attention to what may be a potential problem come next week. I said nothing detrimental about Mimis or this race in that post.

As a paying racer who does not get travel/expenses/entry fee paid for I have the right to express what I feel needs to be said if noone else is going to say it. This sportsman thing has nothing to do with the track and with Mimis it has to do with Roars enforcement of rules which has been iffy in the past.

What you dont know is posts like this and my previous one may have brought some issues to light and may make the race better. I know at this point its not going to hurt turnout I'm pretty sure with less than a week before the race those who are going are going and those who are not are not.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Mike
What, Horsham is holding a race the same day?!?! I'm just wondering what did The Track do to Horsham for this disrespect?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.