Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frustration!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Suspended

Default Frustration!!!!!

Well i am pretty frustrated as I was going through my SC10 normal maitenince...
First one of the stands of my swaybar broke off along with the ball end on the a-arm!!!! there is $15
Then to go along with that I noticed this white dust from under the slipper. I took the slipper apart and the back slipper plate is now silver and the blue motor plate has a nice silver circle on it. There is like $20

Does anybody know how the slipper got ground down and the motor plate. Nothing got in it because i run indoor. Is it because the slipper hub was to close to the motor plate?How do I prevent it.

(They are the V2 slipper hubs which are a gold brownish color which is now silver and o yea my slipper pads are totally glazzed over)
Old 11-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i wish one of my rebuilds only cost $20!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

$35? haha.. I spend that every two or three days in RC.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
$35? haha.. I spend that every two or three days in RC.
Right there with ya.

OP. Is 35 bucks is to much for some bad parts I think you are in the wrong hobby
Old 11-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Hahah you got off easy... first time i blew a bearing (just one) it was a 100 gone poof
Old 11-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Suspended

Guys this isnt what the thread is about.
Im only 14 so I dont blow 100 bucks on a bearing and I dont have a job to to make the money that u guys do. sorry

My question is why my slipper hubs and motor plate are so scratched silver bad. Look at original post for details.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Comes with the territory my man!

If I get out of the LHS under 400.00 each week between Wen, Fri and Sat racing in TT-01, Cooper, Pro SC, and open Road with my T3 12 I am doing good.

Suck it up, 35.00 is a crap shoot to me and most on here. That barely pays for a set of tires for one of my trucks. Hell, I spend 35.00 on snacks and pops when I race.

But to help out the OP and not feed the A-Hole reply beast, it sounds as if a bearing had play, or a washer was not placed in allowing the back of the slipper to move freely between the plate causing it to wear into it. Had this happen on my Rustler when I left out the washer on the top gear allowing the slipper to move into the housing of the transmission and eat a circle into it.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Guys.....Seriously, Lay off the kid. As Stated he's 14 and very well might be Paying for every Part himself, And being 14 the likely hood of having a well job is slim to nill.

bscopes, Find the SC10 Thread and post in there. The AE guys should help you out.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Be helpful if you could post a pic of what exactly you are talking about but what you describe is as I said previously that there was play in the top drive gear allowing the slipper to move into the motor plate wearing it down. If your slipper is glazed over is more than likely due to a poorly tightened slipper causing it to burn or slip to much. Most times glazing over is refeered to as burning the thing where the plate is spinning so fast and it never enguages the pad causing friction and heat to burn or glaze it.

If it's too loose it will burn badly due to excessive spin between the plate and pads before it catches. This could also explain the excessive wear in your plate, if you did not have it tight it would burn the slipper and allow the hub to rub onto the motor mount as well.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Way to encourage people to stay in the hobby guys...

Yes many of us spend a TON of money on this hobby, I do as well, but lets be a little sensitive to people who don't have the money to blow or are just getting started. Comments like above only scare off new people to the hobby! No new people... No Hobby!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Integra
Guys.....Seriously, Lay off the kid. As Stated he's 14 and very well might be Paying for every Part himself, And being 14 the likely hood of having a well job is slim to nill.

bscopes, Find the SC10 Thread and post in there. The AE guys should help you out.
I did offer an inteligent answer on the subject as well as my thoughts on the belly aching of 35.00 in parts. To each there own.

Just because he's 14 doesn't mean anything when it comes to belly aching more so that he's driving a 300.00+ rig before hops. What if I was 72 and paying for every part myself?? Or if being that I am 72 I am probably decrepid and old and a job to me is probably slim to none too. Does that mean I should get special consideration as well when I come in here and complain about having to buy some cheap parts for my expensive rig??

He asked a question, he complained about 35.00 on a hobby that even some of the smallest parts cost that much. Again, if your gonna dabble in an expensive hobby reguardless the age of the driver, expect that there is going to be cost of substantial amount envolved.

As far as the AE guys helping out more.....I doubt it, most in there are just as ruthless if not worse to jump on chance to e-attack a poster!! LOL
Old 11-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JFuel11
Yes many of us spend a TON of money on this hobby, I do as well, but lets be a little sensitive to people who don't have the money to blow or are just getting started. Comments like above only scare off new people to the hobby! No new people... No Hobby!
That is YOU'RE opinion as was mine and the others in here. I'm not going to side step around someone with my views just because he's 14 and dabbling in a hobby that is, again in my opinion a tad to much for a 14 year old. At 14 he has probably heard worse things then a few of us razzing him over complaining about 35.00 parts bill for sure!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JFuel11
+1
Old 11-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default I was not targeting anyone specifically.

Originally Posted by Creativeindy
That is YOU'RE opinion as was mine and the others in here. I'm not going to side step around someone with my views just because he's 14 and dabbling in a hobby that is, again in my opinion a tad to much for a 14 year old. At 14 he has probably heard worse things then a few of us razzing him over complaining about 35.00 parts bill for sure!
I think most of us are on the same page. Not singling anyone out...
Old 11-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know nothing about the SC10, but from your description it sounds like the inside slipper is too close to the motor mount. Maybe you missed a spacer? Check the manual...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.