Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ninja Engine Strategy

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ninja Engine Strategy

It was more than 1 year ago that the new engines designed by M. Rossi and made in Italy by GRP Gandini were announced to the world.

After 13 months there are still no engines available in the market, and a second version was already presented, as well as the M.Rossi tuned version.

Big expectations where generated in the market around this project but so far, commercially speaking, it is a flop.

The purpose of this thread is to share my thoughts with everybody, and try to understand what is behind these problems.

I am certain of two things:
- The image of Ninja and GRP is in bad shape;
- It better be really good engines and at a cheap price, as promised, in order to recover their prestige and lost ground.

Last edited by ruicortez; 02-13-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

a friend of mine is at the winternats he said the ninja 12's r insane. darrins car is balistic. but well have to see after qualifing. i would reather for them to fix the problem before relaesing the motor.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm assuming that you're talking about the .12

I disagree.

I'm disappointed that the engine has not come out, but I don't think that their reputation has been tarnished. I think most of us are hoping that these delays are just making the engine that much better.

How can something that has never gone on sale be a commercial flop? That doesn't make sense. They could easily make their money back once it goes on sale. I think these guys have deep enough pockets not to worry about it.

Why should it be cheap just because it was delayed? That doesn't make any sense either. Do you feel everyone should be compensated for having to wait? It's not like their was any type of contractual agreement with the public.

And as far as being any good... It won the IFMAR Worlds!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

rmdhawaii,

yes I am talking about the .12

When I say 'commercial flop' I mean that the sales during 2006 were 0 ($ zero).

When I mention the prices is just to remember that in early 2006 every distributor was saying that the prices would be invincible. I just hope GRP keeps the promises...

I guess it is the first engine in the history to win a IFMAR world and not sell any engine the week after the competition...

But you can be sure I will want one, just like you, when they are out.
Regards
Old 02-13-2007, 09:50 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

This looks like real race car!!!!
You will NEVER get what the pros use!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ruicortez
But you can be sure I will want one, just like you, when they are out.
Regards
Old 02-13-2007, 11:54 AM
afm
Tech Master

[QUOTE=ruicortez]It was more than 1 year ago that the new engines designed by M. Rossi and made in Italy by GRP Gandini were announced to the world.

After 13 months there are still no engines available in the market, and a second version was already presented, as well as the M.Rossi tuned version.

Big expectations where generated in the market around this project but so far, commercially speaking, it is a flop.

The purpose of this thread is to share my thoughts with everybody, and try to understand was is behind these problems.............

QUOTE]

I would say all the contrary....if they would've released the engine as it first came out, and customers received a product not at the level they announced it would be, it would've been a commercial flop.

Winning the Worlds Championship by misfortune of others, just made them realize the product wasn't at the power level they desired and wen't on to correcting the design (I'm not saying the engine had issues or problems).....

Along the road came EFRA rule changes with cranks, so once more, instead of releasing to the market two engines (EFRA and ROAR/IFMAR), they probably wen't back to the drawing boards and made the One and universal engine consumers will get....plus they probably added some new changes like the cooling head, and the Mario Rossi tuned version.

It all makes sense to me, because unlike other brands that release an engine before it has even raced, and then use consumers as guinea pigs, and then release corrections and or hop ups (ORION), or like Novarossi that in over a year they've released the Plus 12 CT, The Plus 12 SCT, and Now the Plus 12 353.

I think Ninja has taken a wise decision delaying, and will release a proven engine up to everybody's expectations.

AFM
Old 02-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

stock version available next week, team mugen is using the MRt at the winternats, available in may!
happy racing
Old 02-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by afm
It all makes sense to me, because unlike other brands that release an engine before it has even raced, and then use consumers as guinea pigs, and then release corrections and or hop ups
Old 02-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

In a way I agree with the OP about disappointment in the availability of a product that was announded over a year ago. That's what I call vapor ware.

Then again, as people said it could be to adjust things and make it better. The problem with that is alot of people probably wanted to buy it, got tired of waiting, and bought something else. Those people may not slap down abother 300 bones or sell a kidney to get a new engine when what they have is perfectly capable and fast in itself.

We will have to just wait it out and hope that it's as good as people say.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

If you want to buy the Ninja .12 motor, you can get it online at the Border here. They have the .21 engine too. Sorry if i've misunderstood what you mean by it not going on sale.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RedRC
If you want to buy the Ninja .12 motor, you can get it online at the Border here. They have the .21 engine too. Sorry if i've misunderstood what you mean by it not going on sale.
There is no Ninja .12 engine there. Only .21 on-road & off-road.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Guys, that wasn´t a strategy. I talked with the Mugen guys and they told, that they have had some problems with the first generation and before the they start seeling something which doesnt work, they try to fix the problem and that is, what they have done. I remember how disappointed the mugen guys were, that is has took such a long time.
Now there are ready and believe me, there will be run more than good.

But dont forget, not only the engine is important. The right transmission, a perfect clutch and a good engine adjustment are also necessary.

And last but not least. Improve your driving. Without that, you can win anything.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ruicortez
There is no Ninja .12 engine there. Only .21 on-road & off-road.
My Bad, sorry dude
Old 02-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jaykay
Guys, that wasn´t a strategy. I talked with the Mugen guys and they told, that they have had some problems with the first generation and before the they start seeling something which doesnt work, they try to fix the problem and that is, what they have done. I remember how disappointed the mugen guys were, that is has took such a long time.
Now there are ready and believe me, there will be run more than good.

But dont forget, not only the engine is important. The right transmission, a perfect clutch and a good engine adjustment are also necessary.

And last but not least. Improve your driving. Without that, you can win anything.
Yeah but what I said stands true...people who were in the market for an engine may not be now. It's still lost sales any way you slice it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.