Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Someone told me you urine on your tyres
Old 06-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by caveman
Nope but your sort of in the right direction with STCC semi-glued tyres theres a cryptic glue in there somewhere, whoops sorry i mean 'CLUE'
TCCFM
Old 06-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by caveman
And you were right I did P**S over a lot of guy's yesterday
Old 06-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Good job to the team guys at the ROAR nats. Wish I could have been there.

BTW--Malc, thanks for the hook-up on the CCF deck!!! Our track temp Sunday was 140 F and air temp was 98 F!!! I ran some practice packs with and without the fans on and the "on" motor temps were 12-17 degrees cooler! This KD 19 turn seems to get hot so I need all the help I can get.

Brant
Old 06-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

hey,

just started racing with my jrxs and so far its been the best car that i have had. they say that buying the bk style arms will even improve its performance. is this true. the car would be perfect with just a litle more steering....
Old 06-13-2006, 02:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cooliomojo-CEBU
hey,

just started racing with my jrxs and so far its been the best car that i have had. they say that buying the bk style arms will even improve its performance. is this true. the car would be perfect with just a litle more steering....
Hi
Raise the roll centre on the front by 100 thou that will give you more steering
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 06-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Has anyone heard if and when Losi might release an updated Kit with all the new parts that the factory driver are using? I was not a big fan of the kit because it had some issues when it first came out, but now it looks a lot better. The rear engine setup looks great, at least the car does not look like a clone of every other car.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

could be in about 2 weeks
TCCFM
Old 06-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SoCalMitch
Has anyone heard if and when Losi might release an updated Kit with all the new parts that the factory driver are using? I was not a big fan of the kit because it had some issues when it first came out, but now it looks a lot better. The rear engine setup looks great, at least the car does not look like a clone of every other car.
i've heard sometime around september. the new plastic for the suspension bits is supposedly much more impact resistant.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SoCalMitch

I have heard that, 1) the new car is not going to be an upgrade, but a new kit ONLY, because there are far too many new items in the new rear-motor car, and very few items overlap, and 2) the new car is supposedly going to be released in September. I hope it is sooner, but I doubt they will release three new cars on top of each other (8ight, JRXSR and XXXCR)

IIRC, that came from Todd Hodge through the JRXS.com forums, but I might be mistaken on the source.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

While I think it's great that many of you are interested in this 'new car/rear motor' chassis, let me remind you that the CURRENT car is still competitive. The recent results at the Reedy Race, in Spec (Kyle Bergstrom 2nd place overall), and the ROAR Paved Nats, in Stock (Craig Xaiver, 2nd place overall), should indicate that the standard car IS very capable.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Good points—the car is still very worthy in many applications. Though, I think many (on these forums) get impatient when they see the new design doing so well in so many races. It doesn't help that many, if not all, of the "team" guys we see are running the new chassis design. While in the hands of the Losi drivers, it is considered testing and R&D, it infers to many that the old design is inferior and not as fast as the new layout.

I think when the carpet season gets rolling again, the impatience will increase. For now, I'll keep the mid motor car on asphalt.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Big "Adda boy" to Craig Xavier... 2nd at the nats with the Production JRXS. Good job, Good car.

Lets see some pics?

I dont run asphalt, but how about a setup ?

Keith
Old 06-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, if someone has them, I'd like to see Kyle B's RROC setup and Craig X's Nats setup. Some more info to ponder as I work to get my car dialed in for asphalt.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ApexSpeed - When did you pick up a JRX-S? Last race at IRP I thought I heard Shane say you were running a XXX-S? Are you gonna be out at IRP this Sunday? If so, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on setup. Don't get to do that often since I'm the only person locally who's stuck with the car since it came out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.