Team C 1/8 GT car

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by casemate
Great! I'll give it a try later.

Nope, have the GT8L.

I'll upload the pics later, have to fix my other cars first, lend it to someone and he bloody crashed it within 1 min of driving, bent front shock tower, bent chassis, bent center rear drive shaft

But to cut a long story short, my experience with TeamC has not been great, the GT8L came with wrong parts, it was supposed to come with 2 LONG brake shafts, but it came with 2 SHORT brake shafts, I had to go back to my LHS the next day and waited ANOTHER 2 days for the replacement part, you'd think being in Hong Kong which is part of China TeamC would have things sorted pretty fast, but heck, it still took them 2 days.

Worst of all, the bloody stickers for the shell has been printed wrong, how crap is that
Since 'misery loves company'.....I'll tell you you are not 'The LONE STRANGER' in that situation. Last year when our local racers started buying the TeamC cars they had the same problem with the brake arms and they were getting 125cc tanks.They were not pleased but once they got the 'bugs' worked out, they loved the cars up to the point they saw what the Serpent Cobra GT was doing, so now half of them have 'bumped up' to the 'snake'. Just pay attention to the 'stooopid' 'one-way-bearing' that will most likely give you a bad day at some point but the TeamC racers can guide you to that replacement trick they've learned to do so well.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Since 'misery loves company'.....I'll tell you you are not 'The LONE STRANGER' in that situation. Last year when our local racers started buying the TeamC cars they had the same problem with the brake arms and they were getting 125cc tanks.They were not pleased but once they got the 'bugs' worked out, they loved the cars up to the point they saw what the Serpent Cobra GT was doing, so now half of them have 'bumped up' to the 'snake'. Just pay attention to the 'stooopid' 'one-way-bearing' that will most likely give you a bad day at some point but the TeamC racers can guide you to that replacement trick they've learned to do so well.
Scary, I am really trying hard to keep things positive. Every kit has issues even the Snake, difference is that there is not a true Rep for the Serpent car giving kit insight on a weekly basis like I do. TeamC is fixing and /or working on fixing any issue that I bring to them. Springs just got released,Sway bars coming soon and I will have upgraded CVD's in a few weeks. The one way issue is being delt with as we speak.I have spent my own money, researched and tested many different bearings and now stock the best one on my site for a profit of 1.00 per bearing!! They now have my bearing source. 1000's of kits are already out there and already have the current one way, when new kits get mfg they will have the better one way to begin with. The original GT8 kits were made when there really were not any rules, TeamC created the car just to sell, since it was based on a 125cc buggy tank it only made sense to sell it that way, once those 125cc kits got filtered out problems were gone. Now that the class is evolving they are evolving with it. With all that being said lets keep thing positive.

Thank you
Old 05-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Scary, I am really trying hard to keep things positive. Every kit has issues even the Snake, difference is that there is not a true Rep for the Serpent car giving kit insight on a weekly basis like I do. TeamC is fixing and /or working on fixing any issue that I bring to them. Springs just got released,Sway bars coming soon and I will have upgraded CVD's in a few weeks. The one way issue is being delt with as we speak.I have spent my own money, researched and tested many different bearings and now stock the best one on my site for a profit of 1.00 per bearing!! They now have my bearing source. 1000's of kits are already out there and already have the current one way, when new kits get mfg they will have the better one way to begin with. The original GT8 kits were made when there really were not any rules, TeamC created the car just to sell, since it was based on a 125cc buggy tank it only made sense to sell it that way, once those 125cc kits got filtered out problems were gone. Now that the class is evolving they are evolving with it. With all that being said lets keep thing positive.

Thank you
Marcus....I'm sorry if you took offense to my comment.........reread it, it is not written in a mean way......just factual. I would like to see TeamC/OFNA get their 'designers' to figure out that to make the car a complete joy, they have to sell the 'short chassis' with more emphasis. And if the aftermarket has seen fit to invent suspension arm 'stiffeners' they need to heed the message.

Just more facts forming 'my opinion'.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Marcus....I'm sorry if you took offense to my comment.........reread it, it is not written in a mean way......just factual. I would like to see TeamC/OFNA get their 'designers' to figure out that to make the car a complete joy, they have to sell the 'short chassis' with more emphasis. And if the aftermarket has seen fit to invent suspension arm 'stiffeners' they need to heed the message.

Just more facts forming 'my opinion'.
Oddly enough the short chassis is only popular in the US, the factory sells Long chassis on about a 4:1 ratio!

The arm braces are an upgrade and not needed, just another tool to tune with, the Serpent Arms are WAY softer than the Team C arms. If you read the last page or so on the Serpent thread you will see how much of a difference the braces make to the Cobra more so than the TeamC to be honest. When Chad installed his braces on a new set of arms the ride height changed 2mm, Tony's car was 4mm, Daniels car was also 4mm on one side 3 on the other, My car changed less than 1mm and zero in the back! IF you really think about it the TeamC car is actually meant to be more of an on road car and this is seen by a flat chassis with no kickup, and rear shocks already placed on the back side of the tower like the new Serpent kit that was just released!

Real joy IMO is a relative term! The only real bad OEM part is the one way bearing. Both cars have mediocre stock brakes, weak soft tranny mounts and soft arms. The real advantage with the Cobra is that there is about a 10:1 ratio of cars on the track so track support is great and you have a World champ driving it! Nothing i can do about that.

I am pretty sure everything i just posted are facts

Oh and no offense taken man, its all good!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

Oddly enough the short chassis is only popular in the US, the factory sells Long chassis on about a 4:1 ratio!

The arm braces are an upgrade and not needed, just another tool to tune with, the Serpent Arms are WAY softer than the Team C arms. If you read the last page or so on the Serpent thread you will see how much of a difference the braces make to the Cobra more so than the TeamC to be honest. When Chad installed his braces on a new set of arms the ride height changed 2mm, Tony's car was 4mm, Daniels car was also 4mm on one side 3 on the other, My car changed less than 1mm and zero in the back! IF you really think about it the TeamC car is actually meant to be more of an on road car and this is seen by a flat chassis with no kickup, and rear shocks already placed on the back side of the tower like the new Serpent kit that was just released!

Real joy IMO is a relative term! The only real bad OEM part is the one way bearing. Both cars have mediocre stock brakes, weak soft tranny mounts and soft arms. The real advantage with the Cobra is that there is about a 10:1 ratio of cars on the track so track support is great and you have a World champ driving it! Nothing i can do about that.

I am pretty sure everything i just posted are facts

Oh and no offense taken man, its all good!
That's cool Marcus......

I've been following your crusade to 'tweeek' an already incredible car. It's too bad you can't get the full support from TeamC to have your own 'pit crew' to do the setup. (like a certain Paolo-The-Incredible we all know) You are going in the right direction if you can stand your ground like that with Paolo.

No.....I only get ugly when I talk about my Kyosho that suffers from the 'we only sell RTR type ENTRY LEVEL cars' and to paraphrase my discussion with a 'well meaning lad' at Kyosho 'Do you know how long it took us to get the new trans out? and....I doubt that we will be doing anything for the steering that you are asking about.' .......I need 2 of these.......

So....in the mean time I'll just continue to get SPANKED by Spooky with his TeamC (short chassis) and do my best to hold off the rest.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Initiate

That's cool Marcus......

I've been following your crusade to 'tweeek' an already incredible car. It's too bad you can't get the full support from TeamC to have your own 'pit crew' to do the setup. (like a certain Paolo-The-Incredible we all know) You are going in the right direction if you can stand your ground like that with Paolo.

No.....I only get ugly when I talk about my Kyosho that suffers from the 'we only sell RTR type ENTRY LEVEL cars' and to paraphrase my discussion with a 'well meaning lad' at Kyosho 'Do you know how long it took us to get the new trans out? and....I doubt that we will be doing anything for the steering that you are asking about.' .......I need 2 of these.......

So....in the mean time I'll just continue to get SPANKED by Spooky with his TeamC (short chassis) and do my best to hold off the rest.
C'mon Jerry there is a "snake" and a Team C short chassis in our LHS just screaming for you to pull the trigger
Old 05-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aught-Six
C'mon Jerry there is a "snake" and a Team C short chassis in our LHS just screaming for you to pull the trigger
Jerry, which has more rust? the Camaro or the Kyosho?
Old 05-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

That's cool Marcus......

TeamC's pockets are not quite that deep yet and since this is their only onroad kit it may never happen but ya never know. I appreciate all of the support they are giving me and they help me as much as they can. I got sponsored from them for Off road! The nitro onroad thing just came up in a discussion and i figured what the heck, i will give it a whirl! I have never raced or even started a nitro car until a few weeks before Miami! To date i have only raced nitro 3 times! My first club race will be this weekend in Brownsville TX (6hr drive) where Tony Luna and I are conducting a GT8 drivers seminar weekend for Merlin fuels and to help grow GT8 in TX. We have a summer TX tour planned out for San Antonio and Austin!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Marcus, got your PM, thanks, I was trying to do 5 things at once so I missed the PM sorry!

and.....I can't post pics? something about I need a certain number of posts...
Old 05-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

Marcus, got your PM, thanks, I was trying to do 5 things at once so I missed the PM sorry!

and.....I can't post pics? something about I need a certain number of posts...

Email them to me
[email protected]
Old 05-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Email them to me
[email protected]
sent, please link them for me, and let everyone have a laugh~
Old 05-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Rookie

TBH, with regards to the above comments, TeamC is really struggling in my part of the world.

TeamC is still being regarded as a crap Chinese brand, everyone still says their quality is rubbish, services are not there, and, all they are doing is copying others design hoping to compete.

And, honestly, I do feel TeamC is lacking in the quality part, I'm a Jap brand follower, also some western makers follower, I started out waaaaaaay back with Kyosho SuperTen and OS engines...must have been....ermmm....15years ago?

Anyway, main reason why I went and bought myself TeamC car this time round, is simply their price is low, so low, I reckon I'm only paying 60% of US dollar price for car kit or parts, sometimes I can see you guys paying 100USD for a single part, but I only need to pay half that in where I am, and cheap price is something very tempting.

But like everything in life, buy cheap buy twice.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

That's cool Marcus......

A few bold statements here... Paulo could spank us with 3 wheels on his car and his controls reversed, the pit crew is just a formality when competing at the highest level over many cars. He earned this and backs it up every time hes on the track.

Next... Bagin the Kyo? Really? That car is solid if you would just learn to set it up. Instead of bashing one of the most tried true and tested cars on the market maybe you should look at your skill set. The Kyo works good and lasts a long time.

Finally... Do your best to hold off the rest. Bold statement since you wont even run in the non beginner class here locally. There are plenty of us open guys that would happily hand you yours. If you think its a chassis issue you have every chance to grab a serpent or team c from the local shop. Instead of creating enemies you should be asking for help and listen to what is told to you.

Marcus keep up the work man, you give me hope that the Team C will truly show its colors soon.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

TBH, with regards to the above comments, TeamC is really struggling in my part of the world.

TeamC is still being regarded as a crap Chinese brand, everyone still says their quality is rubbish, services are not there, and, all they are doing is copying others design hoping to compete.

And, honestly, I do feel TeamC is lacking in the quality part, I'm a Jap brand follower, also some western makers follower, I started out waaaaaaay back with Kyosho SuperTen and OS engines...must have been....ermmm....15years ago?

Anyway, main reason why I went and bought myself TeamC car this time round, is simply their price is low, so low, I reckon I'm only paying 60% of US dollar price for car kit or parts, sometimes I can see you guys paying 100USD for a single part, but I only need to pay half that in where I am, and cheap price is something very tempting.

But like everything in life, buy cheap buy twice.

Interesting statements, I admit that the TeamC of 2 years ago had issues with quality and what not but I have had AE kits that just plain sucked!! I currently have 5 TC kits and they are all excellent quality or i would simply not run them. If you want to base your opinion on a one way bearing and being short some brake shafts so be it but 1 part out of a thousand really means nothing! After 6mths of hard running I am JUST now replacing the rear outdrives (fronts are perfect), still have original arms, front bulkhead and all linkages and what nots. The CVD that broke last weekend was the original and I actually havent heard of anyone else breaking one. This holds true for my offroad stuff too! At any rate we can agree to dis-agree on the "cheap chinese crap", Its simply not true

BTW I have your pics but they are locked, i can only look at them and they will not show a preview?????

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
A few bold statements here... Paulo could spank us with 3 wheels on his car and his controls reversed, the pit crew is just a formality when competing at the highest level over many cars. He earned this and backs it up every time hes on the track.

Next... Bagin the Kyo? Really? That car is solid if you would just learn to set it up. Instead of bashing one of the most tried true and tested cars on the market maybe you should look at your skill set. The Kyo works good and lasts a long time.

Finally... Do your best to hold off the rest. Bold statement since you wont even run in the non beginner class here locally. There are plenty of us open guys that would happily hand you yours. If you think its a chassis issue you have every chance to grab a serpent or team c from the local shop. Instead of creating enemies you should be asking for help and listen to what is told to you.

Marcus keep up the work man, you give me hope that the Team C will truly show its colors soon.
Thank you,its only going to get better!

Your statement about Paolo is true, the dude can just plain ol drive! This past weekend at the challenge on saturday i busted out my F1 after the races over to take advantage of the high grip track. I NEVER let anyone drive it because one wall slap and its tweaked and my rear tires are ruined. Well as i was cranking out laps he yelled from the ground "Let me drive it" I didnt realize it was him so i laughed. I stopped and realized it was him and though eeeh why not, i can fix it (even though i had my doubts even as good as he is, there is just little room for error!) well he took about two slow laps and then he looked like he had been driving it for years!! He was cranking out really good laps, did not hit one flapper and never even got close to smashing it, i actually felt comfy watching him drive!! I now have new respect for him!!

completely custom made car from the chassis up!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Marcus, the next time you run in Austin, I have a standing deal that whenever we have 5 or more entries in GT8 for a club race, the winner of the A-Main earns the following 1/8 scale decal:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.